Just fallen back in love with Jimmy !!

smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On Im a celebrity get out of here now !

He came across really well and genuine..:)

Comments

• DoubleOrchidDoubleOrchid Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    To be fair I hadn't fallen out of love with him, I loved him when he was in and was gutted when he left.

But I'm also really pleased his interview was funny and genuine just now, as I was beginning to question myself with so many others calling him a bully etc....
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair I hadn't fallen out of love with him, I loved him when he was in and was gutted when he left.

But I'm also really pleased his interview was funny and genuine just now, as I was beginning to question myself with so many others calling him a bully etc....

I find it funny, for the first couple of weeks people were saying that it was good that Kendra was getting trials because then they are hungry and at each other's throats, hoping for some outbursts. Then when they finally get one, they get all offended by it.

His outburst was cutting, it might have been real, it might have been OTT banter, but it also wasn't the worst outburst in the world.
  • DoubleOrchidDoubleOrchid Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    I find it funny, for the first couple of weeks people were saying that it was good that Kendra was getting trials because then they are hungry and at each other's throats, hoping for some outbursts. Then when they finally get one, they get all offended by it.

His outburst was cutting, it might have been real, it might have been OTT banter, but it also wasn't the worst outburst in the world.

I agree with this, have I ever crossed a line or gone too far, well yes I have but once I realised I apologised. Does this mean I am a bully?
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this, have I ever crossed a line or gone too far, well yes I have but once I realised I apologised. Does this mean I am a bully?

Of course not, a lone, nasty outburst or statement towards someone isn't bullying, its a lone outburst which can come about for many reasons and calling it such dilutes what bullying is.

Bullying is a sustained campaign against someone, seeking to make their lives a misery and/or humiliate them.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course not, a lone, nasty outburst or statement towards someone isn't bullying, its a lone outburst which can come about for many reasons and calling it such dilutes what bullying is.

Bullying is a sustained campaign against someone, seeking to make their lives a misery and/or humiliate them.

This is absolutely true.
    ..and not at all what happened between Jimmy and Jake.
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally true..
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are those who liked Jimmy so obsessed with the word 'bully'? Personally, I found him to be an attention-seeking, foul-mouthed pain in the aras. He has an ego WAY out of whack with the childish level of his humour and was extremely irritating to watch - on top of being a selfish wuss when it came to trials who had, nonetheless, no problem with having a go at anyone else who didn't do well.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are those who liked Jimmy so obsessed with the word 'bully'? Personally, I found him to be an attention-seeking, foul-mouthed pain in the aras. He has an ego WAY out of whack with the childish level of his humour and was extremely irritating to watch - on top of being a selfish wuss when it came to trials who had, nonetheless, no problem with having a go at anyone else who didn't do well.
    This. Bullshit Dullard was neither a bully, nor did he 'banter', he was just a very insecure and selfish little man who had to be the centre of attention at all times.

One can only assume that with his 'fans' it's a case of like attracting like...
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    There are too many do-gooders out there on social media prepared to jump on a bandwagon at the drop of hat and join a baying crowd..Some of the venom expressed is startling .. Many are hypocritical.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the public thought he was an irritating little half-wit :cool:
  • loyalterrierloyalterrier Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    This. Bullshit Dullard was neither a bully, nor did he 'banter', he was just a very insecure and selfish little man who had to be the centre of attention at all times.

One can only assume that with his 'fans' it's a case of like attracting like...

Well I thought he was really funny most of the time and my profile is nothing like Jimmy's !!! Seeing him on ITV2 made me realise how much I missed him in the jungle if that makes me insecure and selfish as well as LITTLE - so be it :D
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member

I should have thought that it was people who didn't like him who were obsessed with the word, certainly obsessed with applying the word to him anyway. I found him quite funny but annoying at the same time, but there was no way he should be tarnished with the word "bully", which his detractors were more than happy to do in the last few weeks.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    I should have thought that it was people who didn't like him who were obsessed with the word, certainly obsessed with applying the word to him anyway. I found him quite funny but annoying at the same time, but there was no way he should be tarnished with the word "bully", which his detractors were more than happy to do in the last few weeks.

You should have thought wrong, then. Who started this thread? Someone who liked him, or someone who didn't? There's an almost manic refusal from Jimmy's fans to accept that a lot of people just didn't like him that much, found him annoying, irritating, cowardly, attention-seeking, foul-mouthed, dim and surprisingly unfunny.

No matter how many people write on here 'I just didn't like him' for some or all of the reasons above, it's countered with 'That was NOT bullying' >:( even when the poster in question was simply pointing out that they did not like him.

Clearly not many did - he was first out; in a vote to save.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    the public thought he was an irritating little half-wit :cool:

I think the public were probably right. He wasn't a bully, though, good bullying requires a level of intelligence that Jimmy could only envy.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's another example of a phenomenon much seen during the recent Big Brother: fighting battles at one step removed from what you actually care about. So: battle about the word "bully", rather than directly deal with Jimmy's behaviour.
  • Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member

Agree. I also noticed he had gone off the boil the last few episodes before he left - he seemed down and upset the boys weren't beating the girls......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a bit rubbish with the tasks though wasn't he, also some people might find him a bit of a pain, but did Jake object to how he was being treated? When he was talking about him afterwards (unless he was hiding his hurt feelings), he seemed to be okay about it and recognised it was just 'banter'. There does seem to be a thing going on that people complain on someone else's behalf even though they are not actually offended.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought he was really funny most of the time and my profile is nothing like Jimmy's !!! Seeing him on ITV2 made me realise how much I missed him in the jungle if that makes me insecure and selfish as well as LITTLE - so be it :D
    If the cap fits...
  • R598R598 Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite miss him in there.. Wish he'd stayed a little longer. The camp is not as lively without him.. :(
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    He's the winner to me, if only for his impromptu appearance on this morning in his budgie smugglers. Comedy gold. :D:D:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1141544/Jimmy-Bullard-crashes-Good-Morning-Britain-budgie-smugglers.html
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it sad that many here seem to be calling him all sorts of negative names, I guess the frustrating part is that he really isn't any of them, for those of us that have followed him for years now. The shame is that some of you will never realise this, as you've dismissed him completely now. A few more days in there might have seen more of you converted!
  • PlayamontePlayamonte Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup that about sums him up a treat, now I know why ITV like him so much. ;-)
  • locoherolocohero Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I still think it sad that many here seem to be calling him all sorts of negative names, I guess the frustrating part is that he really isn't any of them, for those of us that have followed him for years now. The shame is that some of you will never realise this, as you've dismissed him completely now. A few more days in there might have seen more of you converted!

Converted into a psych ward probably.
  • foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For me it was never the thing with Jake that irritated me about Jimmy, I started watching a few days or maybe a week after it started and I have got to say I couldn't bear to watch because I would just hear his voice all the time and when he wasn't trying to get all the attention, he was just screaming and shouting nonsense. It annoyed the heck out of me to the point that whenever he was on screen I'd either switch over or mute the sound. So glad he left when he did.
  • foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    He's the winner to me, if only for his impromptu appearance on this morning in his budgie smugglers. Comedy gold. :D:D:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1141544/Jimmy-Bullard-crashes-Good-Morning-Britain-budgie-smugglers.html

See, my point exactly. This is what annoyed me when he was in the jungle, he always had to be the centre of attention. Gosh couldn't the man just let Carl's wife do an interview, I'm sure she hasn't done that for a long time and wanted the chance to champion her husband but oh no Juvenile Jimmy just had to find a moment for more attention. Annoying TW*T >:(