Options

Frankie Owned Tonight

Comments

• Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    I think she is lovely, but tonight Caroline and Simon outdanced everyone else, even with their mistakes.

That AT was atrocious. Not Frankie's fault, although her legs and feet were terrible.

But the choreo for both her dances was pants. The Grimsby Kid just has not got a clue.

The "Grimsby Kid" didn't choreograph the AT, so you can't blame him for that.

I enjoyed both their dances. The rumba was very low key and, Thank You, Kevin, not a bit tacky-sexy that the judges seemed to insist on before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    She was super good and I actually voted for her for the first time, still preferred Caroline but Frankie came a close second
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for me, I really didn't like her Rumba and her AT was extremely messy - I have no idea how she got 10s, I'm not sure I'd even have given it 9!

Caroline owned the night, without a doubt.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked their Rumba - it was cute. Frankie would find it very difficult to do a raunchy/sexy Rumba so Kevin did well to turn it into a more romantic or balletic Rumba.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    totally disagree

Caroline owned that dance floor tonight and I really hope she wins
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for me, I really didn't like her Rumba and her AT was extremely messy - I have no idea how she got 10s, I'm not sure I'd even have given it 9!

We all see things differently, of course, but I thought Caroline's foxtrot was dreadful. Elegance is an essential part of foxtrot, and unfortunately is not something Caroline can do.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that any of them really owned the night.
    Caroline messed up in her first dance, as did Simon and Jake.
    And Frankie's Rumba was sweet...and told a story...and was...well...sweet. But not enough Rumba substance.
    But most of them did much better in their second dance...apart from Mark and of course Jake, who didn't own anything :)
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    The "Grimsby Kid" didn't choreograph the AT, so you can't blame him for that.

I enjoyed both their dances. The rumba was very low key and, Thank You, Kevin, not a bit tacky-sexy that the judges seemed to insist on before.

Me too. I know Sofakat is a huge expert in AT but I am surprised that it hasn't yet sunk in that the pros don't choreograph them in Strictly, so choreography is hardly Kevin's fault. In any event, as an e.g. of show AT, particularly given the bizarre music they were saddled with I thought it very enjoyable and stylishly performed.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all see things differently, of course, but I thought Caroline's foxtrot was dreadful. Elegance is an essential part of foxtrot, and unfortunately is not something Caroline can do.

Yes, I was underwhelmed by Caroline's foxtrot too.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stand-out dances of the night were Frankie's AT, Caroline's Salsa and Simon's Foxtrot.

Their other dances though, were disappointing. Caroline's yet to convince me in Ballroom, Simon was hampered by absurd music for his Samba (plus he went wrong) and Frankie's Rumba wasn't a Rumba.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a lovely girl but oh so boring to watch. I liked her AT more than Caroline's AT but didn't care for her rumba.

Funnily enough my OH said exactly the same thing. But he did say that she really suits that pixie hair cut.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member

Allow me to cast some doubt.

Caroline lost energy and became a little lumpen and heavy-footed in the middle section of her supposedly faultless dance, so for me it wasn't worth a 40.

I loved both of Frankie's dances tonight, both choreo and execution.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. The rumba was not a rumba at all. The AT was a farce. Poor Frankie. She has complete dud for a pro. That boy is useless.

BIB I agree. Not sure if it's Kev's fault though. I thought he choreographed a different rumba because Frankie wasn't much good at it. Same with the AT. It was a sterile, passionless jog around the dance floor without any decent technique.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed her Rumba although I admit I wouldn't have known it was a Rumba if I'd missed the intro. Even so I loved the story and she kept the character well throughout. I loved her AT - and hadn't expected to.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    I think she is lovely, but tonight Caroline and Simon outdanced everyone else, even with their mistakes.

That AT was atrocious. Not Frankie's fault, although her legs and feet were terrible.

But the choreo for both her dances was pants. The Grimsby Kid just has not got a clue.

I think I love you :p
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    Loved both Frankie's dances tonight and Caroline's salsa, but was underwhelmed by her first effort and wonder whether the over-generous marking will have put her in danger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    I liked their Rumba - it was cute. Frankie would find it very difficult to do a raunchy/sexy Rumba so Kevin did well to turn it into a more romantic or balletic Rumba.

Next you'll be saying that Sunetra deserved 10s for her Rumba.

Sunetra's Rumba also had an unusual twist, but at least she delivered a reasonable amount of Rumba content. Remember the flaws in technique the judges pointed out? Frankie's technique was similarly flawed.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin are not popular on this forum and get a lot of negativity so I don't they could ever change some people's opinion, they've already made up their minds it won't change no matter how good they are.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but Frankie was streets ahead. The only dances that brought shivers and I felt the emotion. Frankie to win :D

She didn't own tonight. Sorry and all that.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin are not popular on this forum and get a lot of negativity so I don't they could ever change some people's opinion, they've already made up their minds it won't change no matter how good they are.

Agree
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked both Frankie's dances tonight and thought she was the most consistent of all the couples, but neither dance was the dance of the night for me. That honour would go to Simon for his FT or Caroline for her Salsa. :)

I don't think her Rumba was a Rumba, but that's a problem virtually every couple have had this series, so she's not exactly a stand out for this reason. I don't have any problem with Kevin except his stupid comments about why he didn't do a more traditional Rumba.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    frankie was great tonight, both dances were very well executed, she is definitely the best dancer left in the competition, not sure why she often seems to get overlooked, even by me...

After last weekend, that got me worried that she might be eliminated.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I went through and made a coffee half way through Caroline's Salsa so indicates its impact on me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are a few million people who saw Caroline's "Mack the Knife" AS who might have a different opinion. But at least your posts are good for a laugh :)
  • Options
    ThadThad Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Both of the ladys deserved to be in the top spots. Your ranking of who comes first and second at this stage probably comes down to who you are backing most.

For me they are both lovely bubbly fun girls that seem to be loving the show. these accusations that one or the other are somehow boring and/or not very good are somewhat laughable.