Options

People who post pictures on Facebook, then immediately comment on them

Why is it that some people post pictures on Facebook, then, before anybody has commented on that picture they have uploaded, they immediately comment on that picture themselves? Sometimes, they might put a description of the picture they have uploaded as the comment they put immediately after uploading the picture. There is a feature to add a description to the picture ffs! :rolleyes: I just don't get why some people do this! :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that some people post pictures on Facebook, then, before anybody has commented on that picture they have uploaded, they immediately comment on that picture themselves? Sometimes, they might put a description of the picture they have uploaded as the comment they put immediately after uploading the picture. There is a feature to add a description to the picture ffs! :rolleyes: I just don't get why some people do this! :confused:

Because they are t as technically-minded as you?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you ask them?
  • Options
    mexicanluckymexicanlucky Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Because they are t as technically-minded as you?
    But surely it can't be that hard to use the feature to add a description to the picture? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    afterthought? personal choice? forgot? what about it you find annoying?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I don't see any problem with this. It's up to the person posting the picture how they do things. Certainly not a big deal.
  • Options
    kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do so many Facebook people come onto a forum to ask about Facebook? Why not just stay on Facebook and ask people there?

In fact, why would someone join a forum simply to start a thread about such a pointless subject?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    afterthought? personal choice? forgot? what about it you find annoying?
    I don't find it annoying as such, just plain weird!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaiserbee wrote: »
    Why do so many Facebook people come onto a forum to ask about Facebook? Why not just stay on Facebook and ask people there?

In fact, why would someone join a forum simply to start a thread about such a pointless subject?

True. I never understand why DS is so obsessed with discussing Facebook, especially among the people who don't use it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who post pictures on Facebook, then immediately comment on them

People who notice and / or time this.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did this very thing yesterday. I wanted to add several comments, I didn't want to put them all in one block of text because no-one would read it. It puts people off. So I added a couple of different comments. It also meant people could like the specific comment I was making about the photo rather than the photo itself.

Oh yes, and I also had an afterthought. ;)

So there you go, several not-weird and perfectly reasonable explanations. Cheerio!
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this one of those times where the phrase #firstworldproblems would be appropriate?

I know it's a Twitter tag...
  • Options
    mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    Some Facebook apps don't always allow you to post descriptions if you use them to upload pictures, so if I want to give any info i just add it in a comment straight after the upload.

Also there's always times that i forget to add the description and instead of going through all the editing menus, i just add a comment
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this "Facebook" of which you speak?

Is it available in public libraries?
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

It's a place insecure people go to pretend they are relevant or important.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't find it annoying as such, just plain weird!

Er, obviously annoying enough to make you join Digital Spy and do a thread on it.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Is this one of those times where the phrase #firstworldproblems would be appropriate?

Yes, yes it would :)
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

Public whatnow? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a place insecure people go to pretend they are relevant or important.

There are insecure people everywhere. Some join Facebook. The rest of us are perfectly normal and enjoy the ability to interact with friends and family all around the world at the same time, and also to promote our business.
    Do you use it?
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    There are insecure people everywhere. Some join Facebook. The rest of us are perfectly normal and enjoy the ability to interact with friends and family all around the world at the same time, and also to promote our business.
    Do you use it?

I useD it before but never put my picture up there, didn't add any friends just used it to get news on various things, as soon as Twitter arrived on the scene I deleted my Facebook profile.

I do the normal archaic thing and go out to see friends and interact with them and e-mail friends and family.

Facebook to me is mainly for those who try to portray the illusion that they and their life are far more interesting than reality.
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand what the problem is, they put up the picture then add some info about it. So what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I useD it before but never put my picture up there, didn't add any friends just used it to get news on various things, as soon as Twitter arrived on the scene I deleted my Facebook profile.

I do the normal archaic thing and go out to see friends and interact with them and e-mail friends and family.

Facebook to me is mainly for those who try to portray the illusion that they and their life are far more interesting than reality.

Well obviously no one has explained it properly to you then. My family are all over the world. My friends work and have their own families so quick updates or photos on Facebook are ideal. I use it, with great success, for my business. So you really are just dissing it because it didn't work for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mel1213 wrote: »
    Some Facebook apps don't always allow you to post descriptions if you use them to upload pictures, so if I want to give any info i just add it in a comment straight after the upload.

Also there's always times that i forget to add the description and instead of going through all the editing menus, i just add a comment
    I've never actually used any Facebook apps to upload my pictures to Facebook, and have only ever uploaded the pictures to Facebook using the main Facebook website interface.

The idea of this thread in the first place was to highlight an example of something people can be lazy at doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never actually used any Facebook apps to upload my pictures to Facebook, and have only ever uploaded the pictures to Facebook using the main Facebook website interface.

The idea of this thread in the first place was to highlight an example of something people can be lazy at doing.

Well yeah, but Mel1213 was pointing out that other people MIGHT be using these apps rather than being lazy. It's not really relevant whether you use them or not.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh, my page, my business. if people dont like what I do on it they're free to delete me. That's what I do :D