Anyone on TalkTalk

Isabel7Isabel7 Posts: 47
Forum Member
I was with BT but recently changed to TalkTalk business - 80mb package. Very happy with service and speeds - get 70mb using ethernet cable - also cheaper than BT
anyone else with TalkTalk ?

Comments

• Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member
    No, but thinking about it. What's the customer service like? I've heard it's not too great.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but thinking about it. What's the customer service like? I've heard it's not too great.
    It used to be utterly appalling, which was why I binned them. However, that was three years ago so maybe they have got the message by now (but no way would I risk finding out!!).
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    It used to be utterly appalling, which was why I binned them. However, that was three years ago so maybe they have got the message by now (but no way would I risk finding out!!).

Trust me they are still awful i was going to sign up with them but their cs advisor was rude, couldn't understand me either apparantly i was a liar and my line can only handle 3mbs not the 78mbs others were saying also my next door neighbour was on talktalk 78mbs fibre, i chose plusnet in the end.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been with talk talk for years now and have just signed up for fibre with them. They are much better than Bt ever were. They also have a fantastic members forum where UK customer service monitor and usually reply with 24 hours
  • darren221980darren221980 Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I've been with Talktalk for a few years now and the CS is still poor, however i'd recommend joining the Talktalk members forums and then posting over there if you have any problems as they are alot more helpful.
  • Aldridge AndyAldridge Andy Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Been with TT for just over 7 years, cant fault them or their service to be honest.
  • b2sbaileyb2sbailey Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    We have been with TT for about 2 years. Currently have Home Phone, Fibre Broadband and 2xSimO mobile phone deals with them.
    For the price we pay (£33.50pm) it is ALOT cheaper than the rest. We get very good fibre speeds and the 2G/3G mobile speeds/coverage is good.
    All in all we get what we all need at a very competitive price.
    As for the Phone Customer Service - very hard work. We have had to call them a few times and as long as you are polite and patient they will help you, but it is hard work as it's difficult to understand them at times.
    All our problems were sorted out on the phone and it's free to call them form your TT landline.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    I have been with TT for a year. I am about to change but only because all phone companies only seem to value NEW customers. So each year I switch to get the best deal. But I have been very satisfied with TT. Their customer service is somewhat indifferent. It tends to be by IM which I am not keen but I haven't really needed it.

I would be happy to stay but can save over £100 a year by switching.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I signed up with TalkTalk a year ago. I only have superfast fibre broadband plus landline phone, and no extra frills by choice. I'm paying an introductory charge for line rental at the moment, but after 14th November it's going up. They want to charge £15.95 a month line rental + £13.50 broadband, but if I pay them £172.20 upfront, then I can get my line rental for £14.35 instead, which is only a saving of £1.60 a month, or £19.20 for the whole year. I don't think it's worth me taking a lump sum out of my account - not much of a saving is it ? If they had said it would save me £5 a month I might have considered it. So have decided to not bother paying upfront, and although it's my decision, I am now getting constant reminders about paying it so that I know it's paid and I'll be saving £1.60 a month ! Very annoying >:(
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be wary guys-just heard from Chief Execs Office TalkTalk are bumping up prices yet again. Consider using Uswitch if they do to change supplier. You can swop if they increase prices during your contract at no charge normally.

Poor customer service and very aggressive marketing have put me right off this company!

I am unable , even, to access 'My Account' without my own IT solution!
  • Heather_EleanorHeather_Eleanor Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    TalkTalk previous aol are hiking their prices by £5 per month. in December I had an email informing me of this. They reckon it for improvements they have made in speed, in the village I live in speed is non starter because of the distance we live from the local exchange. Rung and told talktalk this and the attitude was "We don't care".
  • ThePenkethPedanThePenkethPedan Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Have received an email from TalkTalk advising of a price increase,but the bit that bothered me was that " phone connection charge" would be 16p from January. Does this mean that every phone call I make will attract a charge of 16p? As of now, all normal calls to UK landline phones are free under my agreement.
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk previous aol are hiking their prices by £5 per month. in December I had an email informing me of this. They reckon it for improvements they have made in speed, in the village I live in speed is non starter because of the distance we live from the local exchange. Rung and told talktalk this and the attitude was "We don't care".

The price hike is a bloody disgrace. My Mum just took out a broadband internet plus line rental and the Anytime UK calls boost pack last month.

So that's her bill going up £3.25 per month already! (75 pence line rental increase plus £2.50, that's 50%, hike in the Anytime UK calls boost pack!)
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have received an email from TalkTalk advising of a price increase,but the bit that bothered me was that " phone connection charge" would be 16p from January. Does this mean that every phone call I make will attract a charge of 16p? As of now, all normal calls to UK landline phones are free under my agreement.

No, it doesn't. Any calls that were free previously will continue to be free. Those you paid for (I imagine they are very few in number) will now attract a call connection charge of 16 pence instead of 15 pence.

The monthly cost of the "free calls agreement" is going up from £5 to £7.50. In addition to the 75p increase in line rental .

You will be able to call normal mobile numbers from your landline free of charge from now on though.
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't touch them with barge pole. Had their one of their sales reps (3rd party I know), lie to me 3 times at the door. First said they where upgrading out area to fibre (was news to me, and I thought BT Group did that anyway). So they ran a speed check and said I could get upto 8mbps (I was getting 13mbps with Plusnet at the time). They then said they where taking over Plusnet (later found that out to be a lie).
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their website is difficult to navigate if you have problems, but to be fair, I've had very few. Unlike BT, the regular broadband usage is uncapped and I can only remember one very short break in service in about seven or eight years.

My only complaint was when they increased the price of their YouView TV service and added a few Sky channels as compensation. I have absolutely no interest in hardly anything on Sky and none of their other (heavily US biased) freebies so cancelled the service. Others might have been perfectly happy with the arrangement.

It seems a bit of a strange way of going about it, but their user forum actually works quite well and is monitored by customer service.

Their mobile deals are good too. I have a Nokia Lumia 520 and pay £12.50 a month for a 1 gigabyte data allowance. The only trouble is that I've hardly ever used even 200 megabytes in a month, so I will be changing to a sim-only deal when the contract expires (I assume I'll be able to keep the phone).

The only problem with that is that I absolutely hate the Nokia Lumia and wish I had never chosen a Windows phone.
  • The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on TalkTalk fibre. Great service. Never had a problem so I can't say what their CS is like.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    It seems a bit of a strange way of going about it, but their user forum actually works quite well and is monitored by customer service.
    Actually, I take that back. I think I was confusing it with the Humax forum. TalkTalk customer service is poor, but luckily I've hardly ever needed it.
  • bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I moved from BT to TalkTalk a couple of months ago,and cannot fault them. Was paying BT just short of £34/month,now with TT it's down to £17:70. I was kept informed all the way from first ordering,until my new services went live,and the phone and broadband service seems to be superior to BT. On top of all this I recieved £100 in shopping vouchers just in time for Xmas!
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been pretty happy with TalkTalk over the years, as the forum has always meant I have a way to get things sorted very easily (not always very quickly - maybe a day or two) and get things done like try faster profiles to improve the speed.

But since getting forced to take some boosts on YouView and paying for the privilege I've become a bit disillusioned. I used a different router before, which didn't work with the IPTV/multicast, so went back to the TalkTalk supplied router for a bit, which DID work.

But then that stopped, so I had to ask for help and got nowhere. TalkTalk now seem to insist on all the standard questions that just waste loads of time (when done on the forum, each request can mean waiting a day or two to get one bit closer to fixing things). The usual things like 'are you connected to the master socket', 'are you using Wi-Fi', 'can you connect direct to the router'? and so on. For one thing, I don't want to relocate my YouView box just to 'prove' that it's a fault at their end.

I have now got a new router that should work fine, but in reality this doesn't work with the boosts either. But TalkTalk won't support that at all, and are still at the stage of me having to move my TV/YouView box to test their router before they'll proceed with any checks.

The thing is, I'm not really bothered about the handful of free channels. But now I'm paying for them, I am quite upset that I can't get them. I know that sounds silly, but given I can't watch them, I feel angry to pay a single penny for them (even if they've been cleverly bundled into the recently raised subscription). To be honest, I'd have been happier to just pay more and NOT get them!
  • kriss57kriss57 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been with them for years, few problems but nothing major, biggest problem is still Openreach TBH. I have the full package with fibre/tv/ all calls etc, they are no better or worse than others. You can usually get a deal, which is good. Now waiting for my FREE monthly mobile sim card, which will makeup and rise above this years price rises. LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not been able to get my emails via Microsoft Outlook for days. Here is the story:

TalkTalk email goes titsup FOR DAYS. Cheapo telco warns: Changing password WON'T fix it:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/29/talktalk_email_outage/:

I refer to the original Outlook programme, of course and not the newish web based Outlook/Hotmail/Live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to access my emails for days via the Microsoft Outlook platform and have only just accessed some via TalkTalk's site.

Here is the story:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/29/talktalk_email_outage/

They are quick enough to bump their prices up due to their 'improved' service. Don't make me laugh! >:(
  • kriss57kriss57 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    I haven't been able to access my emails for days via the Microsoft Outlook platform and have only just accessed some via TalkTalk's site.

Here is the story:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/29/talktalk_email_outage/

They are quick enough to bump their prices up due to their 'improved' service. Don't make me laugh! >:(

I do not use webmail myself, I use Microsoft Live mail, I use three Hotmail and three Tiscali email addresses in one block because it is easier for me, have not had any problems at all. :)
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Talk Talk is doing that to ex -tiscali customers, I think it is a way of getting you to change every thing to Talk Talk. I did not work with my brother-in-law who is was with Tiscali, he is going to BT, so Talk Talk will lose him as a customer.

I know someone who still uses AOL and he is fine with them, but they are putting in FTTC where he lives, now idea what it will be ready, but when it is, he will go to that and I have a feeling he will also go for BT as he have his landline with Bt and do not want to change for some strange reason. He