Options

Has Jimmy going caused a ratings drop

I heard last nights show was nearly 3 million less than Monday's show.

Comments

• Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why didn't those three million people vote if they felt so strongly?

I was sad to see Nadia go last night but I'm not going to stop watching.

Have you got a source?
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea about ratings, mainly because I don't much care, but I doubt that Jimmy would be the main cause for any drop in ratings. Don't the audiences generally drop for shows like this anyway... until the final? I for one think that the show can only be better without gobby in the camp. He was like an annoying little brother, constantly looking for attention and approval. All he contributed was noise.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It dropped 1 million but was still the most watched show last night.

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! dropped over 1 million viewers on Tuesday evening, overnight data reveals.

The ITV show still easily topped the night after Jimmy Bullard's departure on Monday, attracting an average 7.25m (29.6%) at 8.30pm (449,000/2.4% on +1). ITV2's spinoff show brought in 755k (4.7%) at 10pm (99k/0.4%).

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a614128/the-missing-drops-to-46m-on-tuesday-im-a-celebrity-top-with-72m.html#~oXp66MBlXkvKAb#ixzz3KrEcG5Sj
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe those who didn't watch assumed football was on. Tuesday = football. :p
  • Options
    SmoojSmooj Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show definitely feels flatter without him. The producers are trying very hard to create some watchable TV right now, and tonight's episode dragged along. Foggy was great in his trial, but just got on with it in a fairly quiet fashion. Putting a boss in place didn't quite work, and then they tried alcohol, which failed to produce much entertainment. Maybe now Grumpy Dad Michael has gone it will liven up a bit.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday ratings on ITV are usually below 3m excluding football, so naturally when a big show comes along, the ratings drop. ITV have put so much crap on Tuesday that some viewers don't even bother to tune in on those days. I garuntee it will be back up to around 8.5m tonight.

I am annoyed though that Jimmy has gone. Somehow might have moaned about him but he provided entertainment.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he wasn't grumpy dad at all. It will, liven up though because the women will soon have a huge, row. Then Jake will win. Fairly predictable.
  • Options
    Kick_BoxerKick_Boxer Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    No. If anything it's gone dramatically higher :D
  • Options
    holidaynumptyholidaynumpty Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe those who didn't watch assumed football was on. Tuesday = football. :p

Nope. Masterchef and The Missing on BBC.
  • Options
    BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We haven't watched it since Jimmy was stupidly voted out. I was kind of up for it but the wife decided its not worth watching since he left. Not sure if we will go back to it over the weekend just to see who wins though.

Whatever people thought about Jimmy, for me, I think you need those kind of characters in as long as possible in these kind of shows. It seems he divided opinion [ no idea why, he is gold TV IMO ] but that gives us all something to watch and debate. The show is definitely less interesting without him.
  • Options
    locoherolocohero Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    We haven't watched it since Jimmy was stupidly voted out. I was kind of up for it but the wife decided its not worth watching since he left. Not sure if we will go back to it over the weekend just to see who wins though.

Whatever people thought about Jimmy, for me, I think you need those kind of characters in as long as possible in these kind of shows. It seems he divided opinion [ no idea why, he is gold TV IMO ] but that gives us all something to watch and debate. The show is definitely less interesting without him.

He wasn't voted out, he just wasn't voted in.

If he was so popular how do explain why he didn't get more votes?

It's pretty obvious his constant shouting and being crap at trials wasn't regarded as entertainment by enough people.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel nothing but relief now Jimmy is gone. He spoiled the show for too long.

His fans and that has to include those not watching now, are to blame for his departure, if they didn't vote for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I doubt it tbh
  • Options
    re_hashedre_hashed Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »
    I heard last nights show was nearly 3 million less than Monday's show.

Personally I've not watched it since he left, there's nothing in there to watch now, besides we all know that Jake is going to win because it's a ITV show.

"Why didn't those three million people vote if they felt so strongly?" Not about feeling strongly about this, it's just with Sky+ I've got loads of other things that I'd preferr to watch, and use my money to vote on a rigged show, no thanks. It's entertainment at the end of the day, and if I'm not entertained then I'm not going to watch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't waste my money on voting on any TV show to be honest and I wasn't about to start now. For me, the production team messed things up and landed with four good names in the first eviction voting. I knew Jimmy was in danger as soon as it happened, as the editing made him look like a bully [ when we all know it was a 50/50 thing in reality and wasn't even meant ].
    I STILL don't understand how anyone could not like Jimmy being on the show, whether it be liking him or not....at least he was entertaining surely! For those of us that have known him for years, it was the best booking possible and its frustrating we lost at least a few more days of him on screen.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not everyone stopped watching the show after JB was evicted. I know quite a few who stopped watching it before he was evicted because they were fed up with it being little else except the 'JB Show'. They said when they heard he had gone, they started watching it again on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then I feel very sorry for those kind of people! ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Maybe because this series has been the worst yet?
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Practically every series gets described as the worst ever, only to lose it's title the following year. It's the way of it is... oh well... biscuit?
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Not everyone stopped watching the show after JB was evicted. I know quite a few who stopped watching it before he was evicted because they were fed up with it being little else except the 'JB Show'. They said when they heard he had gone, they started watching it again on Tuesday.

That was the opinion at my hairdressers too. I record the show and fast forwarded over him or I would have given up because of his incessant tripe and the blatant favouritism.

I had no idea who he was and irritating is not entertainment.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy who?
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »

i was one of those....now Michael has gone i have to say my interest has waned somewhat...