Moving home and transferring service?

mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi
Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm moving house after 10 years and before that I didn't have internet so I've not done this before. I'm happy with my provider and want to keep the move as pain free as possible. Is it generally possible to keep your contract and simply transfer to a different line - assuming they have coverage in that area? (I prefer to stay with a wired connection for now).
Cheers

Comments

• lonewallerlonewaller Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm moving house after 10 years and before that I didn't have internet so I've not done this before. I'm happy with my provider and want to keep the move as pain free as possible. Is it generally possible to keep your contract and simply transfer to a different line - assuming they have coverage in that area? (I prefer to stay with a wired connection for now).
    Cheers
    Who is your provider ?

Generally I would assume they have policies in place to allow you to transfer to your new house - after all it keeps your account with them !!!

Check the website of your provider.

Brian
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.
    I'm with EE or Orange as was. Though they have a bad press I've been happy with the service.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just gone with Plusnet - couldn't be happier. Great speeds and easy setup.
  • lonewallerlonewaller Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.
    I'm with EE or Orange as was. Though they have a bad press I've been happy with the service.
    Check their website and then get in touch with them.

Apart from anything else you'll need to tell them you're moving.

Brian