Options

Craig Chalmers Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >>>smug mode ;):D

Ah, the Kleenex was definitely needed tonight. I literally cried during his song and felt for him so much as he was literally feeling every word. Marvellous performance from the man we knew was in there, and he showed us that he can take it to the next level. Craig found his mojo :) He was racked with nerves to start, it was obvious in his vocal control, but as he moved through the song and the audience got behind him, he opened his heart and sang his socks off. He was accepted at last.

Craig I could kiss you for your determination and your inner strength. Standing in front of millions of people, half of them expecting you to shrivel up and disappear; and showing us you're worthy indeed. Knew you could do it !Well done. You're on your way now. And don't you dare look back. Cabaret Craig is gone and we see now a handsome, promising musical theatre actor and maybe even Joseph in the making. ;)
    :)

What a lovely post.

I hope that somehow Craig gets to read it.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i watched eurovision afterwards and craig's performance on any dream will do was infinitely better than all the singers and songs i heard. craig you are joseph :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Wow, Craig was fabulous tonight!:D
    i knew he could do it wooooooooohhhhhhhhhhooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    craig you are joseph :D

truer words have never been spoken:D
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I be the first to admit that I haven't always been positive about Craig in the past. But he did really impress me tonight. His best performance to date.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi guys... I'm a die hard Daniel fan (and will never be swayed!) however, I just wanted to drop by to say I thought Craig was great tonight. He did you proud! Happy posting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spider9 wrote: »
    What a lovely post.

I hope that somehow Craig gets to read it.

Even if Craig doesn't have access to this thread, his brother Gav has, and I know he will let him know about all the nice things being said about him at last.

It seems to have dawned on him at last that he is a serious contender. I don't think he actually believed he could get this far and was just trying to get some experience.

Don't look down Craig..............Onward and upwards!

To everyone out there, please keep the momentum going. This guy is worth a phone call.:D
  • Options
    trixiehobbittrixiehobbit Posts: 4,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/news/2007/05/12/44252.shtml

From the above link:

Craig was next, showing his musical theatre side with This Is The Moment. Zoe was impressed - "He's worked like a dog this week to get rid of that cabaret side. For the first time you're where we needed you to be. You were fantastic!" she said. But could he be Joseph? "Yes, yes, yes, yes!" said John. "That was musical theatre - you deserve to be in this competition."

\o/ oh yesssss :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,583
    Forum Member
    That's it. Craig has won me over; based solely on the final note of his performance last night.

I have been jumping between second favourites for a while now (first Rob, then Daniel - but that Daniel Boys appreciation thread moves to fast for me :D), but Craig has settled it for me. I hate to say that I've probably cursed him and he'll be out next week (like Lewis - my vote and removing the coat, I'm suprised the poor boys not long gone *touches wood*), but he is a lovely guy, and a great singer to boot. I guess it just took a performance like that to really blow me away and sit up and take notice of him. Go Lewis and Craig! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's it. Craig has won me over; based solely on the final note of his performance last night.

I have been jumping between second favourites for a while now (first Rob, then Daniel - but that Daniel Boys appreciation thread moves to fast for me :D), but Craig has settled it for me. I hate to say that I've probably cursed him and he'll be out next week (like Lewis - my vote and removing the coat, I'm suprised the poor boys not long gone *touches wood*), but he is a lovely guy, and a great singer to boot. I guess it just took a performance like that to really blow me away and sit up and take notice of him. Go Lewis and Craig! :)

Didn't it just flick a switch when he literally 'broke' on the stage in that song? The final note was the one ! :D ALW must be really excited about Craig now. He's consistent with good vocals. He's fit (he jointly won the barricades, but his was the best and most believable battle ;)) He has shown his inner self. The man who feels. Craig is perfect for ALW 'nurturing' into Joseph and as he works so hard, according to Zoe, I honestly think he could do it. He's so genuinely nice and people around him love him, so if he turns up the charm now and remains confident he'll get the gbp behind him.

Lewis. lol I like Lewis. I could imagine spending a hilarious night out with him and being in hysterics all night. He does make me laugh. Have to say he is another one who has been given pants songs. With the exception of 'Home' Craigs songs were all over 30 years old ! Lewis is prime for a good showtune. He needs one. Wish ALW would learn we love the showtunes too. Hey ho. Pop is cheaper on the royalties is it ?

:)
  • Options
    dancebabe_910dancebabe_910 Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    even tho i am a dedicated lee fan- i thought craig was amazing last night and is now my 2nd fave!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didn't it just flick a switch when he literally 'broke' on the stage in that song? The final note was the one ! :D

That was the moment I just wanted to give him a big cuddle! I don't know why, it was just sweet to see a man look so emotional and vulnerable when on stage :cry:.

Lol, I'm glad you like Lewis! :D I wish he'd kept his "farting" comment to himself last night though......
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I could not stand Craig at the beginning,as he was the type of singer i hated.

However over the last few weeks he has started to win me over and on Saturday he proved that he could be the man.
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    even tho i am a dedicated lee fan- i thought craig was amazing last night and is now my 2nd fave!

I have to agree with you dancebabe. I'm another die hard Lee fan but Craig really moved me last night. For the first time we saw the man behind the performance and i was really struck by his emotion and vulnerability in that song. I wanted to hug him, kiss him, cry and cheer all at the same time. That is what a performance should be all about :)

Come on Craig keep the momentum going, you're fast becoming another favourite of mine.
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you know what the Les Miz guys said - he was their favourite!! (And they should know what they're talking about!) I think ALW has a soft spot for Craig and really wants him to do well, and Bill K is obviously helping him too. It would be so good if he could crack it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Craig gets to read this page, as he really needs to know that he's getting the respect of the public now. He's a talented boy, and I think he is a genuinely good person and that shines through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you watch the video of ALW's thoughts on last night (the link is in the thread of the same name). ALW says he thinks that Craig is back in the running for the competition! Woohoohoo! :D

I don't think the video's on Youtub yet. I hope it gets put up there. I usually record the performances on my mp3, but I didn't last night. I can't really use that excuse though, because before last night, I probably wouldn't have given Craig a second thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Craig, bit biased as he's from Edinburgh, but I like supporting him, he looks like a Joseph, and more importantly he is now sounding like a Joseph. I think he will be put out just before the final though, I don't think he's got enough support to see him through to the end, which is a shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow. amazing how fortunes can change in a week
    i hope craig keeps his feet planted on the ground.
    there is a long way to go. so many hoops to jump.
    while i think his voice is beautiful, it only dawned
    on me last week that craig was joseph. i've been
    watching any dream will do since it started and
    you are only as good as the song you are given..
    fingers crossed craig's journey has a happy ending
    trixiehobbit this is the moment you are waiting for...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_utF2rcrxs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trixiehobbit this is the moment you are waiting for...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_utF2rcrxs

Thank you! :) (I think it was me that was looking....although I'm pretty sure Trixie will be just as happy :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you! :) (I think it was me that was looking....although I'm pretty sure Trixie will be just as happy :D)

you're welcome. i'm glad it has made you happy. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re the youtube clip i posted. it was put on youtube by someone watching anydream will do in the the netherlands. so far it has had two comments from the united states and one from france. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    re the youtube clip i posted. it was put on youtube by someone watching anydream will do in the the netherlands. so far it has had two comments from the united states and one from france. :D

I noticed the comments. That one person who was looking for Daniel Craig, James Bond clips and found it! :D Spreading the Craig love worldwide! :D
  • Options
    Vix1Vix1 Posts: 1,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi - I am totally 100% a Lee fan, however...

I thought Craig was fantastic last night. I have never "got" him before, but that was a wonderful performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just come back in - checked this thread and :D:D:D
    Craig fans are speaking out ! \o/

Thanks thms for the Youtube link (I confess to watching it four times over already) The comments on there now are amazing!!! Must put mine one too. I hope he gets to read them (and this thread ;) ) His confidence will go soaring :D

McJoseph has got it!
    Watch him flaunt it now.
    Woohoo! :D
This discussion has been closed.