Marvel's The Avengers (26/04/2012)

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer on the big screen recently and i couldn't control a massive smile that beamed across my face. I think i just became overawed by seeing so many superheroes on the screen at one time.

I'm now really looking forward to it.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I know as I felt the same when I saw the trailer in the cinema recently despite already seeing it a few times online before.It just looks amazing on the big screen and not long to wait to see the film on the big screen!
  • Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've just published a brand new clip of Scarlett Johansson kicking some ass as Black Widow: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a374804/the-avengers-scarlett-johanssons-black-widow-interrogated-video.html
  • Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Press/Focus Screenings (UK) - Beginning April 7th

Press Screenings (US) - Beginning April 10th

World Premiere - April 11th

Multi-city Fan Screening - April 14th

UK Premiere - April 17th

International Rollout - Beginning April 25th

Exciting times.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is going to be the highest grossing film of 2012.

I think it will have the 'Iron Man' effect.

Iron Man did big numbers because of word of mouth due to it being surprisingly good & entertaining film.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Iron Man did big numbers because of word of mouth due to it being surprisingly good & entertaining film.

I really can't wait for this film and I'm so hyped for it, but I have to disagree about it making the most money this year. In a normal year, when it would only have the latest Twilight monstrosity to contend with, it would easily take the most bucks and rightly so, but it's going against two extremely massive beasts; The Dark Knight Rises (sequel to the most successful comic book movie ever) and The Hobbit (prequel to the most successful trilogy ever).
    Atm I'm more excited for it than these two combined and I reckon it will definitely come third but the major battle is these two giants.
  • Role ModelRole Model Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    I really can't wait for this film and I'm so hyped for it, but I have to disagree about it making the most money this year. In a normal year, when it would only have the latest Twilight monstrosity to contend with, it would easily take the most bucks and rightly so, but it's going against two extremely massive beasts; The Dark Knight Rises (sequel to the most successful comic book movie ever) and The Hobbit (prequel to the most successful trilogy ever).
    Atm I'm more excited for it than these two combined and I reckon it will definitely come third but the major battle is these two giants.

They will be 3 great films for sure. I think it depends on how close to the end of the year The Hobbit is released. It may only have 2 weeks at the 2012 box office.

When The Hobbits total 2012/2013 box office takings are combined i think it will go close to Titanic for the 2nd highest grossing film of all time. Though Titanics total will be boosted by its re-release in 3D.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member

True, but back then Iron Man was something new, and here he is again after a dud sequel joined by other, less successful characters and one of their already familiar villians.

Avengers looks like a direct hit for the fans (you can see it being very popular in the US), but the real test is will it transfer overseas and to the more casual cinemagoer. I've heard talk on other sites that they're not marketing this particularly well. This remains to be seen.

Truth is, it probably wont be the highest grossing film of the summer, let alone the year, but they are expecting it to do at least Iron Man business - around $600m ww.
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's everyone hopes for cameos or surprises? Spoilers if you know something of fact...

Personally, I'd like a end montage of them recruiting new members, like Spider-Woman, Ms Marvel, Ant-Man, & Wasp with a cameo of Don Cheadle being recruited as War Machine.
  • stormtrooper123stormtrooper123 Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Massively looking forward to The Avengers, way more so than the Dark Knight Rises. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    Another new video clip:

[news]'The Avengers': Iron Man and Loki square off in new video[/news]15 days!!
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booked my tickets for the first IMAX 3D showing on the 26th. Very excited!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reviews are all looking very positive at the moment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Booked my tickets for the first IMAX 3D showing on the 26th. Very excited!

I'm excited too, although I haven't booked any tickets yet.

I'm hoping that it will be available in 2D, as I don't wish to pay for 3D; but if forced to go 3D, it will have to be at IMAX Manchester.:cool:
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gonna rewatch all the individual movies,anyone know what the timeline is?

is it?

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor

?
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

is it?

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor

?

Yep, that's it.
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    An epic new video clip has been released:

[news][highlight]DS exclusive:[/highlight] Thor, Captain America battle aliens - video[/news]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

is it?

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor

?

I was under the impression that The Incredible Hulk was set after Iron Man 2 in the timeline?:confused:
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most of Captain america is set in the 40's but I thought the coda was th most recent .

no?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Seery wrote: »
    An epic new video clip has been released:

[news][highlight]DS exclusive:[/highlight] Thor, Captain America battle aliens - video[/news]

Thor's got game as they say in America.:D

I think he might be too powerful TBH.

The Avengers can't possibly lose with him on board; unless he suddendly develops some brotherly love!!:D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression that The Incredible Hulk was set after Iron Man 2 in the timeline?:confused:

The ending overlaps with Iron Man 2. There's a live news report showing The Incredible Hulk being attacked by the troops at the University while Tony is talking with Nick Fury near the end of IM2. The after-credit scene in TIH occurs after Iron Man 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    The ending overlaps with Iron Man 2. There's a live news report showing The Incredible Hulk being attacked by the troops at the University while Tony is talking with Nick Fury near the end of IM2. The after-credit scene in TIH occurs after Iron Man 2.

Thanks for that.

I need to rewatch Iron Man 2 TBH.

I'm desperate to buy it on DVD, but as I have a policy of not paying more than £5 for a DVD, I'm still waiting for it to drop in price.

I managed to pick up Thor from a well known supermarket beginning with 'S' for £5 & that's a much newer film, yet Iron Man 2 is still up near £9, even though it isn't even as good as Iron Man!:eek::confused:
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then she says this;
    “Then, cut! And we’re all like, ‘Arrgh, God, get this thing off me.’ As soon as everything is cut, everything comes off.

:eek:

Man, I wish I was on that set!
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Nice PR fluff. Most people are naked under their clothes. not like she is wearing a short skirt.