Project CARS

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,123
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen the trailer for this and it looks pretty good especially the graphics. I like the idea of having some many different events from karting to le mans and many others in career mode. Will probably wait to read some reviews when it comes out before I get it though. Same with driveclub.

Comments

• gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    After the mixed reviews I will be trying the PS+ Driveclub first but as it stands at the moment I think I will probably pick Project Cars up on the PS4 as I don't have too many games at the moment on it and this game looks to be shaping up great.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if it will be competitively priced given there are now a few racing games out fighting for our money.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I think this looks stunning but I'll be giving this a miss. Not really into hardcore simulators, prefer just to pick a car and drive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I would too omtt but am concerned With driveclub opinions outwith the online problems. Ie mainly the ai.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll see what reviews are like first. Saw the trailer with the rain affects from cockpit view and that looked awesome but will need more than that for me to buy it. Was put off driveclub because of aggressive AI. Don't mind them being aggressive but if they basically drive into back of you as if you're not even there then that's pretty poor. Surely with this being next gen they should be a lot smarter than that. If project is similar then I'll give it a miss.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I'll see what reviews are like first. Saw the trailer with the rain affects from cockpit view and that looked awesome but will need more than that for me to buy it. Was put off driveclub because of aggressive AI. Don't mind them being aggressive but if they basically drive into back of you as if you're not even there then that's pretty poor. Surely with this being next gen they should be a lot smarter than that. If project is similar then I'll give it a miss.

I agree with you there. However I feel project cars has been designed as a much more serious game from the off. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy as I love serious racers and also have a fondness for arcade games on the odd occasion, too. I am sure that Project Cars will be on a completely different level to DRIVECLUB and I imagine the developers will be taking note of the mistakes made by the launch of DRIVECLUB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carguy143 wrote: »
    I agree with you there. However I feel project cars has been designed as a much more serious game from the off. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy as I love serious racers and also have a fondness for arcade games on the odd occasion, too. I am sure that Project Cars will be on a completely different level to DRIVECLUB and I imagine the developers will be taking note of the mistakes made by the launch of DRIVECLUB.

I do like the idea of different race events from le mans to toca in career mode. Really hope its as good as it looks. Not sure how many tracks there are. Forza was very limited in that department considering how many races you had. Got repetitive very quickly.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was fed up with games like gran turismo where you would be in a WRC car but never had the sense of a high powered car. Going by what iv seen this will be the game to beat.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I do like the idea of different race events from le mans to toca in career mode. Really hope its as good as it looks. Not sure how many tracks there are. Forza was very limited in that department considering how many races you had. Got repetitive very quickly.

Well Project Cars should be good as it features real tracks that have seemingly been missing from video games for years, for example, Outlon Park.

There's a good selection of tracks listed below.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delayed until March 2015.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really ?
    If so then guess they are maybe looking to not have a driveclub fiasco and it was possibly heading that way.

If it is then I'll buy driveclub though
  • nig6nig6 Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I read March too, shame as there will be no decent racer on PS4 till then, Driveclub has mixed reviews, the beta of The Crew was distinctly underwhelming, F1 2014 PS3 only (and awful by all accounts)

But I'd rather they delayed it to get it right, than release a half finished game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helps my decision. I can probably justify both now. DC bought.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Helps my decision. I can probably justify both now. DC bought.

Woop. Welcome !!!

You bought at a good time. Servers are very nearly working properly .... kinda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting for the ps+ edition to see if it was any good, but might be tempted now, as can't continue to march with just need for speed!
    Forum Member
    Is everyone dismissing The Crew ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like I said I was on the beta, and was really disappointed with it, poor graphics and handling, boring gameplay - I know they will improve it from that, but it was like driving in Grand Theft Auto rather than a proper game. It probably will appeal to others, but I wasn't a fan

Sorry should have said PS4 beta, about 10 days ago
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

disappointing but i'm sure the game will be worth the wait
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »

Yep, pretty much.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can I have a 'Hell Yeah' lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hell Yeah!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely after playing the beta.
    Forum Member
    That's a fairly unanimous yes then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently according to someone at my work this has been delayed until march due to rival games. Not sure if this true or not. Seems to be a strange reason if it is. Doesn't gran turismo come out around that time? Would have thought that would be the one game you wouldn't want release a game close to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the official line is too packed just now but I think everyone thinks they are back to drawing board over driveclubs server issues....maybe even some dc touches themselves or even forzas.
    Didn't think Turismo was announced ?