Options

Anyway of improving the wi-fi signal in the house

neyney Posts: 12,516
Forum Member
✭✭
Was wondering if there was anyway I could improve the wi-fi signal in the house. I do get a Wi-Fi signal in living room but at times it shows up as weak.
The BT Home Hub 3 is upstairs in my back bedroom.
My sister has a similar problem in her house but her BT Home Hub is at the landing halfway up her stairs.
I have seen ads on the BT site and on Amazon for wi-fi extenders but don't know if they would be any good or not.
We both have BT Infinity.

Darren

Comments

• Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve used a wifi extender and had no problems and only stopped using this method because I wanted to boost my Wifi down to the bottom of the garden and because the extender I had plugs directly into the mains and my mains sockets being close to the floor this caused problems with the range but filled in the not spots downstairs when my router was upstairs.

I use a second router now that can be used as a Wifi bridge for the garden during the summer months but I would say give the extender ago as their not very expensive if you shop around and there easy to set up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May give them a try. I did see TP Link ones on Amazon and may buy two of them. One for me and one for my sister. I do get a wi-if signal in my living room but at times it can got from good to weak.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ordered two of this last night from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KVIXCCO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    One for me and one for my sister and they got dispatched this afternoon. Hope this will sort out both our sometimes weak wi-fi signals in our living rooms.

Darren