Derren Brown: Apocalypse, 9pm Ch4&HD, 26 Oct & 2 Nov

Comments

• far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    That's because she is reading from a script..she is actually holding it in front of her. I am sure if it was real then someone would be reading from a script anyway..

oh yea, she's the one that's supposed to be an actor,

you can't tell the difference
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I think the fact that he's not swearing or shouting/screaming his head off is proof enough that this is fake.

(Other than the fact that **** knows how many laws were broken when they kidnapped him/hacked his phone/computer)
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    It's so clearly scripted, just from way she's talking

She is supposed to be reading a script though. It was announced by Derren that she was an actor...in fact everyone he meets will be reading from one. It is him who we are not supposed to be sure of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Although I respect your opinions, how do any of you know how you'd act in a situation like that? You don't. Simple.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    And 28 days later... :rolleyes:

and day of the triffids, which also had a meteor shower
    MJG2011 wrote: »
    Although I respect your opinions, how do any of you know how you'd act in a situation like that? ...
    badly, apparently

:)
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why hasnt he asked her about procreation yet?

edit- how old is she?
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    They filmed that Dog training thing where people took their bad dogs to be trained at that place

Dog Borstal.:o
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    I think the fact that he's not swearing or shouting/screaming his head off is proof enough that this is fake.

(Other than the fact that **** knows how many laws were broken when they kidnapped him/hacked his phone/computer)

I must admit thinking about it I am not sure I would be screaming etc.. You go into shock I think and adrenalin kicks in probably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    They filmed that Dog training thing where people took their bad dogs to be trained at that place

Dog Borstal if i remember right
  • 5thinbetweener5thinbetweener Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've actually really enjoyed all of Derren Brown's past programmes but this is just so unbelievable. I very disappointed tbh. Was really expecting more.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I respect your opinions, how do any of you know how you'd act in a situation like that? You don't. Simple.

i'd act much better i won an award at school
    Forum Member
    premixxed wrote: »
    Dog Borstal.:o

yep thats it:)
  • guvner2009guvner2009 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    :rolleyes: It's only a TV show. He gets paid to make them.

Thanks for stating the obvious to me! Cheers
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Darren Brown tweeted earlier saying he won't be watching his own show, because he's doing some work with Stephen Fry.

Lucky escape, Darren. You just knew how really, really crap it was going to be, didn't you.
  • AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You'd swear a lot more and there would be a lot more questions. A lot more talking in general, just everything.

I love Derren brown but this is not good at all.
  • dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes .. a Yellow Brick Rd - I wonder if there will be a mutant Toto!?
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These 'zombies' are so unrealistic
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reminds me of the time Ant and Dec were put in the same cage as gorillas.We were expected us to believe they did'nt sus that they were men dressed up.
    How channel four let this be broadcast is beyond belief.
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well yes perhaps the DSers would be better actors.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know how they expect anyone to believe this
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that 'we' are the ones being taken for a ride here.

There are too many people who could/would have blabbed to him during the weeks of setup, and then the special effects and acting were awful.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some forms of hypnosis that are genuine and do work to an extent, but a big stunt like this is just that, a stunt. The main guy is clearly an actor, a bad actor at that and the script is even worse.

Lets assume this is genuine, you wouldnt be able to put someone through that much psychological stress without them either completely breaking down or being mentally scared for life and have some serious long term damage. Its completely immoral to put someone through all that just for a tv show. This is about as real as corronation street or Eastenders
    Forum Member
    A meteor smashed into earth and everyone turned into Zombies,,,,WTF???????
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Looks like i must be the only person enjoying this!
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone actually believes that this guy is not in on it is unbelievably dumb, this is ridiculous.