Humax 2000T updates

barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anybody know if there are plans to update the BBC iPlayer interface to the new design? Also, will there ever be any more player apps added, or have Humax already washed their hands of this model?

Comments

• Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humax announced an update would be coming:
    https://twitter.com/humaxuk/status/456729354710446080
    I wouldm't expect extra apps or the new iPlayer!
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    Humax announced an update would be coming:
    https://twitter.com/humaxuk/status/456729354710446080
    I wouldm't expect extra apps or the new iPlayer!
    Trouble is that says May and it is June now.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it will get the new iPlayer if it's linked to the BBC? Surely the old iPlayer version isn't actually resident in the device.
  • Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Humax HDR Fox D2 still has TV/radio version but my Samsung SMART TV iPlayer had been undated to a version that cannot access BBC radio but a Panasonic SMART PVR still has the older version with TV/radio
    Perhaps the BBC is changing versions some makes at a time
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,622
    Forum Member
    The Humax Youview iPlayer still has radio access.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they say May I think they mean May-be this year or May-be next year or May-be never.:D
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they release an update soon as mine is still in it's box due to all the problems with it.

Don't suppose there's much they can do about the crap tuner in it though, so I doubt COM7 reception will ever get any better. >:(
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this model after reading several good reviews and was also encouraged by the threads on DS that made it appear that made it appear that Humax were interested in our suggestions for both hardware and software improvements. It's beginning to look as if those threads never get looked at and are just some kind of pointless PR exercise.