car seat covers

innes_calaninnes_calan Posts: 434
Forum Member
Hi there, we have recently bought a newish car and the seats are quite low, we didn't take this into account as we got the car for a good price, the drivers seat can be raised but not the passengers, so we are looking for covers that can heighten the level so before we go out and search maybe some one out there has knowledge of these or a product specifically designed to do this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could use a good, old fashioned, sofa cushion or go to a place that supply foam to the upholstery companies and get them to make you a base.

I use a full length seat cover with a padded base and back in my van...I've had it a long while so don't remember where I got it from.
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/adult-seat-comfort-cushion-height-booster

This sort of thing would be suitable for ..er...shall we say .. people from The Shire?
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    If you by a full set cover be carfull that you don't obstruct the seat airbag if you car has one fitted.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    If you by a full set cover be carfull that you don't obstruct the seat airbag if you car has one fitted.

And don't fit one if you have heated seats.

Also, if you use a booster, check you can adjust the seat belt height to keep the belt at the right angle on the shoulder.

It's always useful to ensure the seat height is right before you buy - a neighbour bought a Kia 4 x 4 and has been charged with driving without due care - reason? She is too low on the seat and looks through the steering wheel - cannot see the bonnet at all never mind an 8 year old standing in front of the car!. Hubby is now trying to sell the car!
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    It's always useful to ensure the seat height is right before you buy - a neighbour bought a Kia 4 x 4 and has been charged with driving without due care - reason? She is too low on the seat and looks through the steering wheel - cannot see the bonnet at all never mind an 8 year old standing in front of the car!. Hubby is now trying to sell the car!
    Wow. Just wow.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most cars have height adjustable seats, and the KIA (taking a guess it's a Sportage) is not that big...

Compared to a Range Rober or X5.. And I've seen many short ladies (wags) hate that word. Driving them

She must be very short, I can't see how covers would raise the height at all really, and yes it would obstruct the side bags, as well as looking a bit nasty..
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must be very short, ..

Not as tall as my wife - and she's 5'0"
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    - a neighbour bought a Kia 4 x 4 and has been charged with driving without due care - reason? She is too low on the seat and looks through the steering wheel - cannot see the bonnet at all never mind an 8 year old standing in front of the car!. Hubby is now trying to sell the car!

Is this for real? Was she a midget? I am 5 ft 4 in and have a 4x4 and have plenty plenty space.: Any 4x4 is much higher than a normal car with better vision.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this for real? Was she a midget? I am 5 ft 4 in and have a 4x4 and have plenty plenty space.: Any 4x4 is much higher than a normal car with better vision.

I thought that being honest

and how was the posters neighbours wife charges, unless she hit something or ran something down

Lots of petit ladies drive oversized vehicles.. And a Sportage is not that big