My dad's friend knocked 15 years off his age to go on a dating site

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it wrong?

He's really 52 but says on his profile he's 37. He did this, apparently, because when he had his real age down, he was only getting messages from 60 year old women.

Your thoughts please and advice. Thanks.:)

Comments

• cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Yes it is wrong, Leave it alone as it is non of yours. If he meets anyone off the site they will find out soon enough
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Yes it is wrong, Leave it alone as it is non of yours. If he meets anyone off the site they will find out soon enough

Fair enough. Thank you. :)
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it wrong?

He's really 52 but says on his profile he's 37. He did this, apparently, because when he had his real age down, he was only getting messages from 60 year old women.

Well he may get a date by saying he is younger - and do what many people do, put a photo of his younger self on, but once they meet him they are going to think - this bloke looks a bit rough for 37! Better to say you look good for 52! :D If he is looking for a 25 year old he has no hope! Younger women probably wouldnt be on a date site anyway. Anyway plenty of life in some 60 year olds!
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    At least he is not pretending to be 15.

Its harmless and the women he dates will soon discover that he is in his 50's. He could say that he is 37 and takes frequent holidays to Chernobyl, that might work
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    He'll soon be found out if he meets any women from the dating site in real life. There's a heck of a difference between a 37 year old and a bloke in his 50's. He should be honest but also make it very clear he's looking for women younger than him, and not older.
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an idiot. He won't get very far with that, it's obvious when people do that - not to mention a waste of the womens time.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People say i look good for 46, like a young John Travolta....
    :-)
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, says a lot for these dating sites, doesn't it :D:D:D:o
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    What an eejit. It's not like anyone's going to notice when they meet up eh? Same goes for uploading 10 year old photos.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he'd put 32 he could have said it was typo. :-) "an accounting error".
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong?

May be funny to have a litle joke but seriously:D
  • oldcrakpotoldcrakpot Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    No doubt he will meet a mate who also knocked off a few years :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do say age is just a number - never more true than in cyberspace.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should hook up with my friend. She is 30, but looks like 20 at most(!) and she likes older guys, but anyone she meets is always in the 19-21 range and claims to be older.
  • dellab49dellab49 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    When he meets women then they will see his real age, but he could get lucky lol
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    He should hook up with my friend. She is 30, but looks like 20 at most(!) and she likes older guys, but anyone she meets is always in the 19-21 range and claims to be older.

Would she actually date a bloke in his 50's though? Who lies about his age?
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend is 50, the guy she met, who is now her partner is 60. Trouble is he that he looks older and she looks much younger than their respective age. So people often assume she is out with her dad!
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind admitting to 46, I feel ok for my age
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong?

Its idiotic. And he wont get laid as the first time women set eyes on him they'll realise he's a LIAR & as a first impression of a person, that's not a good one.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we've got a man in his fifties who reckons women of sixty are too old for him, yet seems to reckon he can pass for thirty odd to snare a younger woman?

Bless. He's not deluded at all, is he? :D
    Forum Member
    If I went on an internet date, expecting the man to be in his late 30's, and was confronted with a man in his 50's, I'd make my excuses and leave. Older men aren't unattractive, but liars always are.
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I went on an internet date, expecting the man to be in his late 30's, and was confronted with a man in his 50's, I'd make my excuses and leave. Older men aren't unattractive, but liars always are.

Yeah I'm the same, luckily women never lie about their age though, or anything else for that matter.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    At 36 I would consider dating a 52 year old if we got on well, however I have dated enough liars so it would be a no go in this case
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My girlfriends friend is going with a bloke in his 50s who lied about his age. She's mid 30s, blonde, quite attractive. She knows of the lie now but apparently gets on so well with the fella that she continues to see him, so based on that, could be worth a gamble. Might be worth mentioning he doesn't look that old. I might have a stab at it myself, most people think Im mid 20s when in fact I'm 10 years older :D
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... most people think Im mid 20s when in fact I'm 10 years older :D

"You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht
    Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
    Your scarf it was apricot
    You had one eye on the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte
    And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
    They'd be your partner, and..."