Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, Michael's such a freeloader.

This constant recycling of story lines is one of the reasons we stopped watching soaps. This must be at least the fourth bloke to take advantage of Gail financially but she never seems to learn and even if she has "giddy knickers" over Les Dennis surely Nick and David would be looking out for her by now, as she keeps putting their home at risk.>:(
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    This constant recycling of story lines is one of the reasons we stopped watching soaps. This must be at least the fourth bloke to take advantage of Gail financially but she never seems to learn and even if she has "giddy knickers" over Les Dennis surely Nick and David would be looking out for her by now, as she keeps putting their home at risk.>:(

At least the house is safe this time ... unless the writers have forgotten she doesn't own it!
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    I loved the way Norris bought Rob's Tablet from Traceyluv in
    the tat shop (when did we ever see Rob using a tablet?) and
    within minutes was using it like an old hand, even though it
    seemed to be sold unboxed,with no manual and no charger.
    And then he was using it all over the street to look at the stars;
    how does this magic Wi-Fi work for any and all users then,can
    I get it in my area????

Some tablets operate via a sim card (mobile phone).

I can access my wifi across the street on both sides of my house.
    I often listen to an internet radio station on my device when working on my car.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Tracey sells noris Rob's tablet for £150?, you can buy a brand new one for £130? She saw him coming

Unfortunately PC World don't have a branch on Coronation Street and therefore according to the laws of the street Norris must buy it from Barlow's Buys.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some tablets operate via a sim card (mobile phone).

I can access my wifi across the street on both sides of my house.

I often listen to an internet radio station on my device when working on my car.

Norris would need a 3G enabled tablet and a contract/PAYG SIM. So I guess we're to accept that he either has WiFi at home which has never been mentioned or there's a free WiFi hotspot in the street - which has also never been mentioned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Not being funny, but does love get you out of depression.?[/QUOTE]

No. It can help but it cannot relieve you of depression. Depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain, the only relief would be to redress the chemical balance, usually with anti-depressant medication.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey sells noris Rob's tablet for £150?, you can buy a brand new one for £130? She saw him coming

When she said one. fifty, I thought she meant £1-50.:D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    When she said one. fifty, I thought she meant £1-50.:D

So did I :blush:
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did I :blush:

and me!!:blush::D
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All week Steve has been hastled by Liz to take amy to school, now she is suddenly at Tracey's and ken is taking her

So Amy stays with which ever parent is relevant to the story
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Julie has two dates in the one day with two different men and goes to the same Bistro for both of them, then moans about the waiting staff asking questions when she knows her so well! Is there seriously no other eatery worth going to within the vicinity of Coronation St. ?

And another thing, I find myself mildly irritated by Les Dennis's acting, not least because of how he hardly moves his mouth when he talks! And I thought Helen Worth was bad!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Wish Tracyluv knocked Michelle out.

Not Gavin, eh? Does this mean he'll take money from the gullible Gail? Yawn!!!
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All week Steve has been hastled by Liz to take amy to school, now she is suddenly at Tracey's and ken is taking her

So Amy stays with which ever parent is relevant to the story

I'm sure Steve and Tracy share custody and Amy stays with each of them for half the week. I think this was mentioned a couple of years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob wore a hoodie in the 1980s? He's in his late 30s so its more likely he wore a shell suit when he was 16
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob wore a hoodie in the 1980s? He's in his mid 30s so its more likely he wore a shell suit when he was 16, and hoodies have only been around the last decade

Did anybody mention the 80s? Carla said that people commented at the time that his outfit made him look like he was a member of the Backstreet Boys who were famous in the mid-90s so that would make Rob approx mid 30s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the cackling witches again. This time it was Michelle (again) and Carla sneering at Mary.

They are just sooo superior, aren't they?

It's ok for Michelle to bitch, roll her eyes etc. at anyone she likes but it's not ok for Steve to become depressed and become indifferent to her, then it's all boo hoo, poor me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob wore a hoodie in the 1980s? He's in his late 30s so its more likely he wore a shell suit when he was 16,, Marc balis is 37, so say rob is the same age he'd be 16 around 1993

TBH I'm sick of hearing Carla going on about when they were younger and she always has to say how Rob fancied Michelle!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were hoodies around in the early 90s?

It's very hard to edit posts when people are quoting what I'm edting :p
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    TBH I'm sick of hearing Carla going on about when they were younger and she always has to say how Rob fancied Michelle!

Wouldn't michelle have been much older than rob when he was 16? Percentagewise, I mean : I realise she's still the same number of years older.
  • Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    The scriptwriters must have found an urban slang book this week.

Everyone has just started saying "tip up" instead of "arrive"

I must have heard it 4 or 5 times tonight. I actually thought if they carry on using it that much they would be in danger of wearing it out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Wouldn't michelle have been much older than rob when he was 16? Percentagewise, I mean : I realise she's still the same number of years older.

Dunno.

But it is a truth universally acknowledged that Michelle Connor is wonderful, everyone adores her and that lazy, good-for-nothing Steve MacDonald is/was lucky to have her. Therefore, according to this oft repeated Corrie mantra and hype; Rob fancies Michelle and will always fancy Michelle. He even named his pet rottweiler after her.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »

I must have heard it 4 or 5 times tonight. I actually thought if they carry on using it that much they would be in danger of wearing it out

Yes, I noticed that too - very annoying.

Talking of annoying, that bloody Steph, sticking her hooter into everyone's business. Didn't she say something to Gavin about knowing the Platts very well? Really? She works for one them. That is all. Or does that instantly make you a close family friend?

Then she was sticking her beak into Julie's business in the Bistro. Why didn't Julie tell her to bugger off and get on with her job? Nosey, interfering bint.
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »

I hope none go into the pub and ask 'Can I GET a pint of bitter'?

A lot of young people use that expression but as far as I know no local pubs are self service - yet.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Wish Tracyluv knocked Michelle out.

Not Gavin, eh? Does this mean he'll take money from the gullible Gail? Yawn!!!
    I wasn't expecting that. Thought it would turn out that he wasn't Michael's biological son.
This discussion has been closed.