Doctor Who Series 3 Episode 2 - 'The Shakespeare Code' - 7pm 7/4/2007

1161718192022»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'mass cull' is the only thing that would justify having so many family members. However I like the idea of seeing who lives and who dies. How about Martha dies. The Doctor blames himself as he did with Adric. The mother blames the Doctor and agrees to help the Master bring about his destruction. Just an idea...
    Martha can't die :eek:
    I've really settled in with her in the programme and would like to see quite a few series of her and the Doctor travelling around, then Martha going back to her medical studies and completing them (doesn't have to even be on Earth in the present day) and becoming a successful doctor herself :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I liked all the suggestion- and I'm SURE there was some!

Especially with the er, 'bed' scene, even if it was a little one sided, haha. :D

Fantastic one-liners too!
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    slightly off-topic, but there was an oblique reference to Doctor Who in the final episode. Sam Tyler's heart is racing, and his colleague puts her hand to his chest and suggests he sees a Doctor. He replied 'good idea'.

Yes, perhaps I'm reading into it, but the way it was said . . .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote:
    slightly off-topic, but there was an oblique reference to Doctor Who in the final episode. Sam Tyler's heart is racing, and his colleague puts her hand to his chest and suggests he sees a Doctor. He replied 'good idea'.

Yes, perhaps I'm reading into it, but the way it was said . . .

Well who would you see if your heart was playing up? A dentist?
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Well who would you see if your heart was playing up? A dentist?

I know, I know . . clutching at straws . . .
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    If they'd wanted to reference Doctor Who, Sam could just have said: "Now I know how Doctor Who [sic] feels!". It would have been quite apt, since it's a reference Annie would get.
  • Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil Eye wrote:
    Martha can't die :eek:
    I've really settled in with her in the programme and would like to see quite a few series of her and the Doctor travelling around, then Martha going back to her medical studies and completing them (doesn't have to even be on Earth in the present day) and becoming a successful doctor herself :D

Why can't she die? If you think she will just live every time how bad is the danger. They could kill her to make the Doctor look to his own weakness', just as they did with Peter Davidson's Doctor in the early 1980s and William Hartnell's Doctor in the 1960s. It works to great effect. Suddenly you realise that being with the Doctor is dangerous and that anyopne can die at any time. That gives it an edge in my opinion.
  • Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the episode again. It seems to improve on second viewing. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't she die? If you think she will just live every time how bad is the danger. They could kill her to make the Doctor look to his own weakness', just as they did with Peter Davidson's Doctor in the early 1980s and William Hartnell's Doctor in the 1960s. It works to great effect. Suddenly you realise that being with the Doctor is dangerous and that anyopne can die at any time. That gives it an edge in my opinion.

That's one of the reasons why I think it would have been better if Rose had died last series ( or at least sucked into 'dark space' with the Daleks & Cybermen ) . At the moment it seems as if companions are invincible ( the alternate Mickey & Jackie dying doesn't count ) which seriously hampers the 'fear factor'.

I don't want to see Martha dying , not for at least a couple of series , personally I'd prefer Jack to die then we won't have to suffer his inane grin again but he is a popular character so one of Martha's family would be a suitable 'compromise' victim
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Just seen the episode again. It seems to improve on second viewing. :)

I think this applies to most episodes - I never comment until I have seen them twice. It is especially true for this series as I believe the scripts and production values are much improved so there is so much going on you need at least a second look to try and pick up lots that you missed first time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    When did she mention the Racnoss?

Sorry if this has already been said, but this series must take place before The Runaway Bride.

In that episode the guy in the tank said "Mr Saxon says fire at will", yet here he hasn't been elected yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if this has already been said, but this series must take place before The Runaway Bride.

In that episode the guy in the tank said "Mr Saxon says fire at will", yet here he hasn't been elected yet.

Hasn't been elected PM , if that's what happens but that doesn't mean he didn't have some sort of influence over the military at that point.

There's also the fact that the bride appeared in the Tardis immediately after his final goodbye to Rose , not several months ( years ? ) later.

I think , unless a specific date is given , contemporary episodes are usually in chronological order
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he's in charge of the Armed forces :D:confused:

Annnnnyway.
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not necessarily, because we don't know the exact nature of his political power or status yet. He could have had some military rank before going into politics, and thus able to give orders to the tank. He could be the opposition leader or he could be an MP within Harriet Jones' own party who's trying to oust her. He may even have already ousted her before the end of her term and become PM (pre-Racnoss), and is now holding a full general election in the hope of being re-elected.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote:
    You're forgetting the jokes about giant crabs.

Also really, unless it's changed since the 2005 annual, the face of boe's message is not very secret. It's 'you are not alone'.

All hail me. :D