Options

Lucy — "I have a shocking memory".

zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How the hell is she an actress if she has a shocking memory, I wonder? I imagine her memory's good enough to remember her lines, so her memory can't be as bad as she says it is. Either that, or she's doing take...after take...after take etc...

Comments

• Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe don't take things so literally and/or see it in context?

She said this when they were allocating specific tasks based on people's strengths. All she really may have meant is that she'd be a poor choice for a memory-based one.

People say things off the cuff that have elements of truth in them but are not necessarily the whole truth. Like a lot of people, she may have good memory for some things and poor memory for other things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ummmm cos she's in a soap where they film very short takes so it's not that taxing to remember a couple of lines. Its not like she's performing Shakespeare every night you know?
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    learning lines through repetiion is a piece of piss, you don't need a good memory just not be a goldfish :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sian2011 wrote: »
    Ummmm cos she's in a soap where they film very short takes so it's not that taxing to remember a couple of lines. Its not like she's performing Shakespeare every night you know?

I've seen scenes that have lasted more than 10 seconds. If each camera angle means the end of a take, fair enough.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remember also that they had no idea what the memory task would actually involve before dishing out who did what, and according to lots of soap stars once you start working on one you short term memory becomes fantastic but your long term memory gets 'shot to hell' - I think had she known the task she may have done it and been good, but Matthew was fantastic, but just by saying 'memory test' could mean anything.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Lucy is very self deprecatory as according to her she doesn't have any talents. I can't help feeling she's being a tad disingenuous here.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she meant on the spot, she probably gets a couple of days to learn her lines etc.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Maybe don't take things so literally and/or see it in context?

She said this when they were allocating specific tasks based on people's strengths. All she really may have meant is that she'd be a poor choice for a memory-based one.

People say things off the cuff that have elements of truth in them but are not necessarily the whole truth. Like a lot of people, she may have good memory for some things and poor memory for other things.

This x100.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I think she meant on the spot, she probably gets a couple of days to learn her lines etc.

I forgot about that. I suppose she could have meant when she wasn't repeating a certain amount of words/letters/numbers over and over again for so long.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

you mean the production on Emmerdale don't phone them with their lines and they have to memorise them and deliver them in one take on arrival at the studio? :cool: