Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wliag43 wrote: »

Only got 8 this week , but the two I didnt get were nothing to do with SCD , I can barely remember band names let slone know when the record was a hit .and how many Oscars a film got .that my excuse and Im sticking to it so there BBC.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this answers part of your question about Karen. This is posted on the Burn The Floor Website.

Stars of BBC Strictly Come Dancing will feature in all star BURN THE FLOOR cast in Perth in April, including Aljaz, Karen (featured in pic) and Kevin and Janette

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1380417_10151909732518851_1901370551_n.jpg.

Jason Gilkison will be returning to Australia and will be one of the judges on the Australian SYTYCD.

I thought Natalie Lowe was going to rejoin SCD approx. week 3. No mention of her doing do. However she is due to appear on ITT on Wednesday. We should get some news then.

Thanks silversandy , so the timing means they could still do the SCD tour before going back to BTF , I wonder if Artem has been asked again since he left it in 2010, he may not want to be moving to the other side of the world and leave Kara and boys here ,and he still needs to get back to LA for his green card I suppose .
    most of them are going on a tour at some time this winter ..

Anton , with Summer Strallen , Pasha with Anya ?, Alijz with Janette, Kevin with Karen , Brendon with his tour , The Jordans doing some tour of their own , Kristina and Robin will be doing allsorts cruises etc , Natalie and and Artem & Aliona who knows,
    Natalie usually does a cruise with Ian,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just been reading Tess's account of Natalies second collapse ,it was very upsetting she was sitting only feet away and Natalie was dancing and suddenly dropped to the floor her legs were at award angles underneath her , her head as back and her eyes rolling around , Tess says that Artem did so well and helped to break her fall he was very quick off the mark .it must have been very frightening and upsetting for him .
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    I have just been reading Tess's account of Natalies second collapse ,it was very upsetting she was sitting only feet away and Natalie was dancing and suddenly dropped to the floor her legs were at award angles underneath her , her head as back and her eyes rolling around , Tess says that Artem did so well and helped to break her fall he was very quick off the mark .it must have been very frightening and upsetting for him .

Artem obviously has a cool head in a crisis. A lot of people would have left it to others. From what you have written it sounds as though both incidents were scary and upsetting.

Natalie has tweeted that she isn't suffering from panic or anxiety attacks. It must be awful when you read reports about yourself that aren't true.

Only got 6 in this week's Quiz. Like you I didn't know the answer to dates for things and had to guess scores.

Pasha is touring with Katya again this year. I have received a leaflet from my local theatre. Might try for tickets.

Have just seen this video of Len's outburst on DWTS. I cannot believe the rudeness and arrogance of the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKFxYyDLY40
  • marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks silversandy , so the timing means they could still do the SCD tour before going back to BTF , I wonder if Artem has been asked again since he left it in 2010, he may not want to be moving to the other side of the world and leave Kara and boys here ,and he still needs to get back to LA for his green card I suppose .
    most of them are going on a tour at some time this winter ..

Anton , with Summer Strallen , Pasha with Anya ?, Alijz with Janette, Kevin with Karen , Brendon with his tour , The Jordans doing some tour of their own , Kristina and Robin will be doing allsorts cruises etc , Natalie and and Artem & Aliona who knows,
    Natalie usually does a cruise with Ian,

It sounds a bit worrying when you see how all the other dancers will be spending the winter - I do hope Artem has got something fixed up after the SCD tour. He
    usually returns to LA for quite a long stint (this year it was 3 months from February to May). I noticed he had dinner with his agent as soon as he got back in May -
    perhaps they've got sonething sorted. It would have been nice if he and Kara could have done another show together but I gather that's not on the cards from what
    Kara said the other day. :(

I only got 6 this week on the quiz. Like you, I don't know anything about bands really and I got some of the scores wrong :D
    Forum Member
    Week 8 dances - We will probably have to wait until Wednesday to fill in the gaps

Ben and Kristina - American Smooth
    Abbey and Alijaz - Quickstep
    Fiona and Anton - American Smooth
    Mark and Iveta - Jive
    Sophie and Brendan - Quickstep
    Natalie and Artem - ?
    Patrick and Anya - ?
    Susanna and Kevin - ?

Just praying that Natalie and Artem have a less energetic dance this week. A lovely Foxtrot would enable them to get back into the show without causing further problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem obviously has a cool head in a crisis. A lot of people would have left it to others. From what you have written it sounds as though both incidents were scary and upsetting.

Natalie has tweeted that she isn't suffering from panic or anxiety attacks. It must be awful when you read reports about yourself that aren't true.

Only got 6 in this week's Quiz. Like you I didn't know the answer to dates for things and had to guess scores.

Pasha is touring with Katya again this year. I have received a leaflet from my local theatre. Might try for tickets.

Have just seen this video of Len's outburst on DWTS. I cannot believe the rudeness and arrogance of the man.

Good grief , what is the matter with the man , I thought he was rude to Craig last week , and he has been verging on rudeness to Artem at times as we know ,insisting that that Artem should choreograph differently as its not what he thinks should be being danced , even though he has hidden behind rules as an excuse , but this is like a spoit child having a tantrum , and is not acceptable behaviour what ever age the person is . He has become so arrogant recently ,I really think its time for him for him to be brought down a peg or two . Say what you will about Brucie being too old , Len can learn quite a lot from him in how to behave and kindness shown to every one Bruce is a perfect gentleman which is more than can be said about Len.
    He may well be correct in what he said about the dance , I dont know as we have not seen it , but there are ways of saying so , surely this is not one of them . Shocking :eek:
    Forum Member
    Good grief , what is the matter with the man , I thought he was rude to Craig last week , and he has been verging on rudeness to Artem at times as we know ,insisting that that Artem should choreograph differently as its not what he thinks should be being danced , even though he has hidden behind rules as an excuse , but this is like a spoit child having a tantrum , and is not acceptable behaviour what ever age the person is . He has become so arrogant recently ,I really think its time for him for him to be brought down a peg or two . Say what you will about Brucie being too old , Len can learn quite a lot from him in how to behave and kindness shown to every one Bruce is a perfect gentleman which is more than can be said about Len.
    He may well be correct in what he said about the dance , I dont know as we have not seen it , but there are ways of saying so , surely this is not one of them . Shocking :eek:

I think Len's outburst was DWTS 2012 and Derek's partner was Kellie Pickler. Sorry if I am wrong but I haven't been following DWTS.
  • Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just been catching up, I was out last night and home too late to come on the thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Week 8 dances - We will probably have to wait until Wednesday to fill in the gaps

Ben and Kristina - American Smooth
    Abbey and Alijaz - Quickstep
    Fiona and Anton - American Smooth
    Mark and Iveta - Jive
    Sophie and Brendan - Quickstep
    Natalie and Artem - ?
    Patrick and Anya - ?
    Susanna and Kevin - ?

Just praying that Natalie and Artem have a less energetic dance this week. A lovely Foxtrot would enable them to get back into the show without causing further problems.

You are probably right that Artem has a cool head in a crisis , but I think it shook him , and Susanna and the lady in charge on floor both went to him as Natalie was wheeled away and put their hands on his shoulder to comfort him , which so kind , as they were all upset .

AS you say it must be awful to read untrue facts in print , and the word PANIC ATTACKS give the impression that she is unstable and has been before , it just is not fair , for even though she has made it clear it was not that , the word is now in the publics mind.

I have been out with my friend today and she still did not know Natalie and Artem were going to dance at Blackpool , when I told her they were , ser said I hope they can do do something genltle like a waltz she had forgotten they had already done one , so I said there's the Foxtrot , or the AS but that might be a bit energetic and he might want to keep that for a BIG dance in later weeks ,all the rest are full on AT , Tango ,Paso,Charleston,Salsa, so we plumped for the Foxtrot ,but not sure if he will have choice .I do hope so .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched ITT, and Patrick and Anya are doing the Samba this weekend ,its obvious they are in to the win the Glitter Ball ,I dont feel the chemistry between them but they share a steely determination which could take them along way .
    Forum Member
    Just watched ITT, and Patrick and Anya are doing the Samba this weekend ,its obvious they are in to the win the Glitter Ball ,I dont feel the chemistry between them but they share a steely determination which could take them along way .

I really felt disappointed with Darcey's scoring this week. A 10 for Patrick and Anya when the end of the routine so obviously went wrong. It was also a mistake Craig saying to Patrick that he is the best male dancer in the competition. It was his birthday and he obviously enjoyed the evening but I am not sure the GBP are behind him.

Interesting Blog from the SCD Band about the sound the audience hear in the studio and the sound we hear at home.

http://strictlycomedancingband.com/Strictly_Come_Dancing_Band/news_blog/Entries/2013/11/10_Week_7.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How utterly Rude Len was, it would serve him right if DWTS dropped him as a Judge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid I missed most of ITT tonight as I fell asleep and didn,t wake up till the middle of the next programme. I am hopeless, hope to see it all tomorrow night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say Goodnight Ladies and Sweet Dreams x.
    Forum Member
    Silly tweet but it made me laugh - Roy has just wallpapered the bedroom.

https://twitter.com/broomybroom/status/399490027946004480/photo/1

I guess the retro shirt was to look look Ike Turner. Not sure he wore patterned shirts on stage.
    Forum Member
    BBC Strictly ‏@bbcstrictly 46m
    We wouldn't look this composed if we'd just run through an energetic #Charleston! @NatalieGumede @artemchigvintse pic.twitter.com/LTis4alWy0

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY9TtdZIAAAHLTz.jpg:large

I wonder what Artem has choreographed. Sophie has set the standard for the Charleston this series and Abbey's Charleston didn't disappoint.
    Forum Member
    Week 8 Dances and Music for Blackpool

Ashley and Ola dance the Paso Doble to Bon Jovi’s You Give Love a Bad Name.

Patrick and Anya will Samba to Barry Manilow’s Copacabana.

Abbey and Aljaz will Quickstep to Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves.

Fiona and Anton will perform the American Smooth to Frank Sinatra’s Come Fly With Me.

Sophie and Brendan are Quickstepping to Shirley Bassey’s The Lady is a Tramp.

Mark and Iveta Jive to You Can’t Stop the Beat from Hairspray.

Susanna and Kevin will perform the Paso Doble to Carmen’s Los Toreadors.

Ben and Kristina dance the American Smooth to Fallin’ by Alicia Keys.

Natalie and Artem will Charleston to Will.i.am’s Bang Bang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqjl4nRSorM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 8 Dances and Music for Blackpool

Ashley and Ola dance the Paso Doble to Bon Jovi’s You Give Love a Bad Name.

Patrick and Anya will Samba to Barry Manilow’s Copacabana.

Abbey and Aljaz will Quickstep to Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves.

Fiona and Anton will perform the American Smooth to Frank Sinatra’s Come Fly With Me.

Sophie and Brendan are Quickstepping to Shirley Bassey’s The Lady is a Tramp.

Mark and Iveta Jive to You Can’t Stop the Beat from Hairspray.

Susanna and Kevin will perform the Paso Doble to Carmen’s Los Toreadors.

Ben and Kristina dance the American Smooth to Fallin’ by Alicia Keys.

Natalie and Artem will Charleston to Will.i.am’s Bang Bang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqjl4nRSorM
    BBC Strictly ‏@bbcstrictly 46m
    We wouldn't look this composed if we'd just run through an energetic #Charleston! @NatalieGumede @artemchigvintse pic.twitter.com/LTis4alWy0

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY9TtdZIAAAHLTz.jpg:large

I wonder what Artem has choreographed. Sophie has set the standard for the Charleston this series and Abbey's Charleston didn't disappoint.

Sorry I left you last night , computer playing up , but I enlisted all sorts of scans and techie stuff today , so hope it does not happen again .

The photo of them looks great , they look very relaxed asnd happy , I hope it stays that way too, the Charleston music is fine , apart from those Bang Bang interuptions from Wil I Am , it was the music the pros did the Charleston to last year( I think ) when they squashed into a car ,and Artem and Bobby laid a rug or tablecloth on the floor for a picninc , James and Ola Artem and Bobby and Aliona and Kristina the men where in knickerbockers and caps , and there was a lot of the classic knee knocking and swivel steps , Artem was terrific at them , all very goofy , It was a great charleston , so I hope saturdays will be same , as the judges want quirky extreme quick swivel and side kicks etc , other wise , they will no doubt say as they did to Kara and Artem 'its very precise but a bit too nice for my liking , I like it to be more free and quirky '

All I want is for them to survive the energetic dance and stay in the competition . I will be happy with that this week .

I dont know if I am much af a fan of Will I Am or what ever he calls himself , but then Artem keeps surprising me with his choices which turn out just fine when Dave Arch gets hold of them .

It will be interesting to see what Ian Waite comes up with on ITT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess the retro shirt was to look look Ike Turner. Not sure he wore patterned shirts on stage.

I think you are correct about Ike Turners shirts he did wear some odd stuff , but didnt remember one quite like Artems , but it was one of the bright ideas that the costume dept had in mind I suppose.

It looked more Laura Ashley to me than Ike Turner.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Iveta dancing to a tune from Hairspray , seems a trifle naughty to me , an unfair advantage spring to mind , as he had just spent many months acting &dancing to the music . just saying !!!!
    Forum Member
    I think you are correct about Ike Turners shirts he did wear some odd stuff , but didnt remember one quite like Artems , but it was one of the bright ideas that the costume dept had in mind I suppose.

It looked more Laura Ashley to me than Ike Turner.:D

LOL:D As you don't watch Coronation Street you won't have seen the new bedroom wallpaper. It matches Artem's shirt.
    Mark and Iveta dancing to a tune from Hairspray , seems a trifle naughty to me , an unfair advantage spring to mind , as he had just spent many months acting &dancing to the music . just saying !!!!

Kristina and Jason included bits of the show Priscilla Queen of the Desert in their routine and got rave reviews. Jason is still touring in the show.

It was interesting to read the SCD Band tweet about the music heard by the audience and the music/audience reaction heard by the GBP. There are a couple of short videos on their Facebook page which show Dave Arch in with the sound guys. Interesting stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i

LOL:D As you don't watch Coronation Street you won't have seen the new bedroom wallpaper. It matches Artem's shirt.

Kristina and Jason included bits of the show Priscilla Queen of the Desert in their routine and got rave reviews. Jason is still touring in the show.

It was interesting to read the SCD Band tweet about the music heard by the audience and the music/audience reaction heard by the GBP. There are a couple of short videos on their Facebook page which show Dave Arch in with the sound guys. Interesting stuff.

I guessed it would have a connection as the tweeter said something about corrie,ha ha !!!

I havnt seen the band music news yet , but wull have a read.

I was watching Sky News late last night , and on what the papers say it showed a front page I think it was the Daily Express or Sun , where it showed a photo of Natalie and the headline said Natalie Gumede has Epidural Injection for her injured back , the couple discussing the news did not actually speak about it as they had picked up on somethibg else. Pehaps some one has seen it , as I got the impression it was a fresh injection.?
This discussion has been closed.