Great British Menu Series 8

Comments

• coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    If i've counted right, then Michael had the highest total score.

What are the chances of Richard Davies and Peter getting into the top 3 tomorrow?

They both will.

The judges will suddenly remember that humour isn't something they need to take into account, so will push through Peter's apple pie ... and Richard has a funny plate! :rolleyes:.
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno his name but the bald headed one does my head in.

Takes far too much pleasure in others mistakes. Awful man.

Totally agree, i thought the same.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Vientre wrote: »
    Totally agree, i thought the same.

which bald one?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They both will.

The judges will suddenly remember that humour isn't something they need to take into account, so will push through Peter's apple pie ... :rolleyes:.
    Ah but as was announced during the heat, it was a "witty take on an apple pie".
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Ah but as was announced during the heat, it was a "witty take on an apple pie".

i can't remember the details, was it nan's apple pie on an old plate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i can't remember the details, was it nan's apple pie on an old plate?
    It was an upside down case placed over the apple with cubes of ice cream(?) inside.

Ha ha ha ha ha....
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    as Colin just pointed out they've never had goat before so it has a high chance of getting through

My Grandmother had a goat. I think it got through a fence once.
    Anyhow, seriously, I think Ade has talked the most sense in this so far.
    Forum Member
    It was an upside down case placed over the apple with cubes of ice cream(?) inside.

Ha ha ha ha ha....

now i remember thanks Rorschach no comedy plate? what a disappointment *deducts 9 marks*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe it's only just occured to me, but I would prepare a dish called "meat and two veg" and have the waiters serve it with their flys down and their todgers hanging out.

Well they've humiliated the waiters in every other way so why not. :D
    Forum Member
    I can't believe it's only just occured to me, but I would prepare a dish called "meat and two veg" and have the waiters serve it with their flys down and their todgers hanging out.

Well they've humiliated the waiters in every other way so why not. :D

well a surprise last minute ringer has made its way to the banquet!
    Forum Member
    Oh great! I thought I'd try to figure out what the twist might be, so I carefully studied the last part of the show, just before the credits, and what did I see? Photos of the three winning desserts! :rolleyes:

Don't panic!

I'm not going to say what they were, but if you watch it on iPlayer and don't want to spoil things for tomorrow, look away for a few moments when Oliver says "We could be here all night at this rate."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm getting Titanic withdrawal symptoms. :(
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Ocado wrote: »
    Not watching after this series, Matthew and Oliver have been axed from the panel. Because it was (and I quote the BBC on this) 'a panel of oldies'.

Prue will stay and be joined by a new female and 2 male judges.
    Do you have a link to the quote/article?
    Forum Member
    fustacluck wrote: »
    I'm sure Richard Bainbridge and the cameraman stood behind him were both surprised to see Marcus turn up.

I initially thought that. I guess they could just say that they had problems with the previous footage from him in his restaurant and needed to reshoot it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Oh great! I thought I'd try to figure out what the twist might be, so I carefully studied the last part of the show, just before the credits, and what did I see? Photos of the three winning desserts! :rolleyes:

Don't panic!

I'm not going to say what they were, but if you watch it on iPlayer and don't want to spoil things for tomorrow, look away for a few moments when Oliver says "We could be here all night at this rate."

Same happened yesterday with the "mystery chef" being shown in the kitchen right after the "blur" shot.

I think whoever's editing this show, or at least the teaser for the next show, is either an idiot or just doesn't care, so why should we?

I know I said I was going to give next season's first week a chance, but after hearing that Pru is the only judge returning (and so being senior judge forcing her opinions on the rookies), and the crap that's been happening this week, I'm done after Friday.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now hoping one of the chefs changes their dessert and makes an iced cake shaped to look like the judges' table.

Then sticks three playmobile figures behind it on marzipan chairs.

And calls it "@rses about t!t".
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Not another twist :(

Michael has to serve his Tagine in a red bladder.
    Forum Member
    fender101 wrote: »
    I think I'm getting Titanic withdrawal symptoms. :(

to be fair to Ray it has been the talking point of the series (you know, apart from the lack of humour, judges' completely random judging, and nan's plates)
    I am now hoping one of the chefs changes their dessert and makes an iced cake shaped to like the judges' table.

i love marzipan that sounds fab ;) in a cheffy twist the cake could be made out of tongues and cheeks and could fail to explode on serving....
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote: »
    I think at this point it's would be well deserved for one of the chefs to snap and just shout out "Oi, JUDGES!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!"
    You keep changing the brief and every ****ing turn. Just pick the best dish put in fornt of you.

Don't invite back people who YOU deemed not good enought to get tot the final. If you wanted them there then you had the chance to put them there instead of one of us

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member

I'm trying to figure out how else they can mess things about, once they've got the top 3 (or 4) dishes for each course. As you suggest, they've either got to combine two dishes (which I feel would be an insult to the chefs), or simply offer the guests at the banquet a choice (which is hardly a brilliant idea!)

Oh ... hang on!

For at least one course, they'll narrow it down to two possibilities, and the chefs will have to vote ... and it won't be a secret ballot. :rolleyes:

I doubt they'll do it with the starter!

Ray ... nil points! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Is it Ray's comedy volcano tomorrow? Seriously, that dude's got the darkest sense of humour. What he needs to pep it up are some half-melted Playmobil figures lying in the devastation below.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now hoping one of the chefs changes their dessert and makes an iced cake shaped to look like the judges' table.

i love marzipan that sounds fab ;) in a cheffy twist the cake could be made out of tongues and cheeks and could fail to explode on serving....

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Is it Ray's comedy volcano tomorrow? Seriously, that dude's got the darkest sense of humour. What he needs to pep it up are some half-melted Playmobil figures lying in the devastation below.

he had severe problems with his pyroclastic flow.....
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The problem is, his volcano was so dribbly and damp squibish it would be hard pressed to give a slight burn let alone melt :D
    Forum Member
    The problem is, his volcano was so dribbly and damp squibish it would be hard pressed to give a slight burn let alone melt :D

he could have his figures racing away from the plate to sail to safety on the titanic