Options

How to watch the Breaking Bad series?

manjindermanjinder Posts: 283
Forum Member
Hi Folks

What is the best way to watch the Breaking Bad episodes on line?

Do I have to pay anything?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Netflix is only six quid a month, plus you get a ton of other stuff, and Better Call Saul when it debuts.

Or just buy the DVDs.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first month is free for netflix as well
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Whilst sat on your ample arse showing a load of food in your gob - as I'm doing now.:D
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely binge watch......don't try to spin it out an episode a night. I tried that at first and was practically wishing my life away to get to 8pm every night. After a couple of seasons hubby and I stocked up on snacks, took the duvet downstairs and bedded in for the long haul. :p

I wish so much I was a BB virgin and I could recapture the excitement I felt watching for the first time. But then every time I've watched since I've seen more.
  • Options
    manjindermanjinder Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Thanks folks.

It seems as though it's addictive!!
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best series EVER !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Definitely binge watch......don't try to spin it out an episode a night. I tried that at first and was practically wishing my life away to get to 8pm every night. After a couple of seasons hubby and I stocked up on snacks, took the duvet downstairs and bedded in for the long haul. :p

I wish so much I was a BB virgin and I could recapture the excitement I felt watching for the first time. But then every time I've watched since I've seen more.

I will try this. Been wanting to watch for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit smug of me, but I was a Breaking Bad fan from 2009 when it was first on FX (now Fox).

Was a good three or four years before anyone started caring about how much I raved over the show.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit smug of me, but I was a Breaking Bad fan from 2009 when it was first on FX (now Fox).

Was a good three or four years before anyone started caring about how much I raved over the show.

People where bugging me for years 2 check it out! :blush: ... now It's my joint fave TV series ever (alongside ST:TNG!) 😊 ... Binge watching is the only way ta do it! 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    People where bugging me for years 2 check it out! :blush: ... now It's my joint fave TV series ever (alongside ST:TNG!) 😊 ... Binge watching is the only way ta do it! 👍

Back in the FX days it was an agonising once a week job. Netflix and on-demand streaming was a fantasy back then :D
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Netflix is the best way. (Well the only way unless you buy the box set.)

Sign up for the free months trial and cram all the seasons into 30 days and then don't renew it or cancel
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sign up for the free months trial and cram all the seasons into 30 days and then don't renew it or cancel
    I just kept signing up to Netflix with different email addresses to get free months, did that for 3 months but I'm paying monthly now as it's worth it for me.

I wasn't aware of Breaking Bad until Netflix took off, how this show went unnoticed for so long I do not know.
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    < Netflix is the best way. (Well the only way unless you buy the box set.) >

Well, the only completely unquestionably legal way. Obviously there is torrent but that might not strictly be legal. Of course one might have a mate who downloaded it before it was on sale in the shops so he will give you it, not sure if that is legal or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Johnbee wrote: »
    < Netflix is the best way. (Well the only way unless you buy the box set.) >

Well, the only completely unquestionably legal way. Obviously there is torrent but that might not strictly be legal. Of course one might have a mate who downloaded it before it was on sale in the shops so he will give you it, not sure if that is legal or not.

To clarify, both flat out illegal, whether morally justifiable or not is irrelevant. Sony Pictures owns the copyright, and by downloading it you violated that, but they generally only go after uploaders
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If ya wanna watch BB get yourselves a netflix & annual unblockus sub, (u get 2 month free!) 👍 ... Best TV money you guys will ever spend! 👍
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started watching 6 months ago and it took me a while but once I got to the middle of Season 2 I was addicted. I'm currently on the penultimate episode of Season 3.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    If ya wanna watch BB get yourselves a netflix & annual unblockus sub, (u get 2 month free!) 👍 ... Best TV money you guys will ever spend! 👍

You don't need Unblock US for Breaking Bad
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We watched the first season on FX HD, the second on 5USA.

We watched about 20 more episodes on a Netflix free month's trial last year and last month we were offered another free trial and have just finished the complete series.

It's taken us five years, but worth it.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you have subtitles on, there is a lot of Spanish spoken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member

I bought the first two series on DVD back in 2010, and then there was a massive gap before Season 3 and 4 were available. It was such a wait I ended up importing the DVD's from Amazon Germany as they seemed to have them way before the UK. I couldn't wait another minute to see where it went and I don't regret it for a second, one of the best shows ever made. Then I watched Season 5 on Neflix along with the rest of the world.
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify, both flat out illegal, whether morally justifiable or not is irrelevant. Sony Pictures owns the copyright, and by downloading it you violated that, but they generally only go after uploaders

The chap asked a question, not begged for a lecture. I don't violate anything, just answer questions. Do you prefer lying to giving information?
  • Options
    BagovBagov Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    If you go the 1 month free trial way, take care to avoid "Orange is the new Black". That'll have you hooked in for a longer haul.... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bagov wrote: »
    If you go the 1 month free trial way, take care to avoid "Orange is the new Black". That'll have you hooked in for a longer haul.... :)

Started watching the first episode and just couldn't get into that at all.

It's not easy taking anything starring Jason "American Pie" Biggs seriously!
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Started watching the first episode and just couldn't get into that at all.

It's not easy taking anything starring Jason "American Pie" Biggs seriously!

OITNB takes a couple of episodes to warm up. For me, I was hooked by ep3.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm now on Season 4 episode 2 and it just gets better and better. I think the writing for Jesse is particularly amazing and Aaron Paul is an amazing actor. Bryan Cranston just makes it look effortless as well. Love this show!