Taylor Swift is on fire!

iammeiamme Posts: 283
Forum Member
Taylor Swift is doing really well at the minute she's got 3 songs in US Itunes top 10 and has recently knocked One Direction off the top spot and Red is heading into the top ten on UK Itunes as well. Good luck to her she's very good

Comments

• Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamme wrote: »
    Taylor Swift is on fire she's got 3 songs in US Itunes top 10 and has recently knocked One Direction off the top spot and Red is heading into the top ten on UK Itunes as well. Good luck to her she's very good

Phone 999:rolleyes:
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Phone 999:rolleyes:

No, please don't!!!!! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe how well the promo singles have done, topped 1D who are at their peak and on a lead single :eek: Congrats to her
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red (the song) is about to go Top 10 on UK iTunes.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red is an amazing song, I'm not suprised it's doing well on UK iTunes. It sounds very old school country/rock which is pretty awesome..
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Red is a really good choice for a radio friendly single. I really like it.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urrgh the title of this thread got me all excited for a second :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamme wrote: »
    Taylor Swift is doing really well at the minute she's got 3 songs in US Itunes top 10 and has recently knocked One Direction off the top spot and Red is heading into the top ten on UK Itunes as well. Good luck to her she's very good

Well she is the biggest female artist on the planet at the moment so its no shock, but selling herself out may not be her wisest move, I await the new album to hopefully "prove me wrong".
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she is the biggest female artist on the planet at the moment so its no shock, but selling herself out may not be her wisest move, I await the new album to hopefully "prove me wrong".

I'd say at this moment in time - that belongs to Adele.

But i have to say - this is the first time i actually liked Taylor Swift.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she is the biggest female artist on the planet at the moment so its no shock.

I feel like that might be a complete inaccuracy. She's huge in the states and has had a couple of hits world wide but she's hardly the biggest female artist in the world.

To be fair to Taylor though, she does release some good singles. Her last single is a guilty pleasure of mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say at this moment in time - that belongs to Adele.

But i have to say - this is the first time i actually liked Taylor Swift.
    Clancey83 wrote: »
    I feel like that might be a complete inaccuracy. She's huge in the states and has had a couple of hits world wide but she's hardly the biggest female artist in the world.

To be fair to Taylor though, she does release some good singles. Her last single is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Taylor has earned a lot more money then adele so adele dont even come into it. There is no other way of judgng it as the money earned is in direct relation to their worldwide success and takes everything into consideration.

Adele has sold a lot of albums but thats about it, but for a true megastar taylor is top of the pile of females at this moment in time and when red is released it will fire taylor a long way ahead of anyone else, there really is no discussion point on it.
    I would put Katy perry and gaga well ahead of adele as well.
    You cant put an artist who just sells records ahead of touring artists who do it all.

And lets try not to turn this into a taylor v adele thread ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor has earned a lot more money then adele so adele dont even come into it. There is no other way of judgng it as the money earned is in direct relation to their worldwide success and takes everything into consideration.

Adele has sold a lot of albums but thats about it, but for a true megastar taylor is top of the pile of females at this moment in time, there really is no discussion point on it.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. How do you know how much money they've each earned through their music? That's not a clear indication to someone's success.

Adele has sold over 24 million copies of just one album. Taylor hasn't managed that with all 3 combined.

I'm not "hating" on Taylor because I like some of her songs but that is just a ridiculous comment with no evidence to support it.
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what possible way has she "sold herself out"? Absolute nonsense and supposition.

She is doing amazingly well but that is to be expected. This era will be huge and apart from what I would describe as a underwhelming first single, the other three songs she has released digitally this year have been fantastic.

Good to see her getting a bit more recognition in the UK aswell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. How do you know how much money they've each earned through their music? That's not a clear indication to someone's success.

Adele has sold over 24 million copies of just one album. Taylor hasn't managed that with all 3 combined.

I'm not "hating" on Taylor because I like some of her songs but that is just a ridiculous comment with no evidence to support it.

Taylor earned much more from her last tour alone then adele has earned in total for all her album sales ever. Artists dont earn much from albums sales at all, touring is where the money, credability and prestige is, thats why to the megastars album sales are never that imporatnt, its touring that is.

And taylor has sold 24m albums plus as announced by her and her record company many months ago.

Anyway lets not turn this into adele v taylor, they are at diffeent ends of the spectrum and adele is now out of the music industry for many years having a baby so she is not really relevant now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    In what possible way has she "sold herself out"? Absolute nonsense and supposition.

She is doing amazingly well but that is to be expected. This era will be huge and apart from what I would describe as a underwhelming first single, the other three songs she has released digitally this year have been fantastic.

Good to see her getting a bit more recognition in the UK aswell.

Just listen to her first single off red, need I say anymore.

I would rather her have no recognition in the UK then get it by singng pop pap written and produced by leaching producers and session song writers who are well known for writing chart friendly pop garbage.

I wont say I like a song just because taylor is singing it, I say it as I see it and at the moment in time she appears to be selling herself out to some extent at the very least. I am too old to be a stan of an artist ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor earned much more from her last tour alone then adele has earned in total for all her album sales ever. Artists dont earn much from albums sales at all, touring is where the money, credability and prestige is, thats why to the megastars album sales are never that imporatnt, its touring that is.

And taylor has sold 24m albums plus as announced by her and her record company many months ago.

Anyway lets not turn this into adele v taylor, they are at diffeent ends of the spectrum and adele is now out of the music industry for many years having a baby so she is not really relevant now

I suggest we agree to disagree. I don't think she's the biggest female in the world but I won't deny her success. And to be fair, she's a really talented songwriter and musician who has worked hard over the years so I'm pleased she's been so successful with her new material.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suggest we agree to disagree. I don't think she's the biggest female in the world but I won't deny her success. And to be fair, she's a really talented songwriter and musician who has worked hard over the years so I'm pleased she's been so successful with her new material.

Well you can only judge it by money, I cant see how else you can judge it.

Its also hard to judge taylor on her new album as its not her own work, RED will be a massive success I have no doubt but it will be such a shame that taylor wont be able to take full credit for it.
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listen to her first single off red, need I say anymore.

I would rather her have no recognition in the UK then get it by singng pop pap written and produced by leaching producers and session song writers who are well known for writing chart friendly pop garbage.

I wont say I like a song just because taylor is singing it, I say it as I see it and at the moment in time she appears to be selling herself out to some extent at the very least. I am too old to be a stan of an artist ;)
    I would hardly call one pop radio friendly single a sell out, she has been a country pop artist for a long time - it shouldn't be surprising to anyone that she may release and record pop music here and there, especially with alot of her friends and influences well and truly in the pop genre.

It's for you to judge of course but I think you are reading far too much into one song. The whole album clearly is not in the vein of that song and if it was then I would wholeheartedly agree with you re her selling out. From what I gather the majority of the album will be more of the same but with around 1/4 of it experimenting with a different style and working with new people. I don't know how you can begrudge a 22 year old artist experimentation.

Max Martin for instance has a good 20 years in the industry with numerous songwriting awards to his name. To suggest Taylor or anyone else in there early 20's won't learn or progress with working with someone like that seems foolish to me. I guess we will have to agree to disagree with regards to co-writers

As mentioned it's really all conjecture and supposition until we hear the album, I myself await that day with intrigue and excitement.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its also hard to judge taylor on her new album as its not her own work, RED will be a massive success I have no doubt but it will be such a shame that taylor wont be able to take full credit for it.

Sorry GL have been lurking and have had o put my two cents in again :D:p

I don't deny that Taylor is in the midst of the top of the pileor is slaying right now and that sales etc are not a true gauge of anything but neither is money as its not a reflection or a true one at least of sales, tours etcbut can be endorsements and deals in terms of impact and presence on the worl stage TS is farrom the top Gaga, Rihanna, And Katy Perry own that title and are right now the top females in terms of sales, tours, and rcords sold and overall revenue a thats just that :).

And stop being so blood y minded about co-writes what wouldhave happened if not for Lennon and McCartney for instnce :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    I would hardly call one pop radio friendly single a sell out, she has been a country pop artist for a long time - it shouldn't be surprising to anyone that she may release and record pop music here and there, especially with alot of her friends and influences well and truly in the pop genre.

It's for you to judge of course but I think you are reading far too much into one song. The whole album clearly is not in the vein of that song and if it was then I would wholeheartedly agree with you re her selling out. From what I gather the majority of the album will be more of the same but with around 1/4 of it experimenting with a different style and working with new people. I don't know how you can begrudge a 22 year old artist experimentation.

Max Martin for instance has a good 20 years in the industry with numerous songwriting awards to his name. To suggest Taylor or anyone else in there early 20's won't learn or progress with working with someone like that seems foolish to me. I guess we will have to agree to disagree with regards to co-writers

As mentioned it's really all conjecture and supposition until we hear the album, I myself await that day with intrigue and excitement.

Max Martin dont have a lot of credability, he makes money by writing chart pop songs thats it, and was responsible for doing a lot of damage to Avril Lavigne's career.

I agree we need to wait for the new album, just not looking forward to it as much as I should be. I personally think her country sound will be very limited, she will just become another chart pop star and sit alongside all the others occupying the charts, I hope I am wrong but just cant see it to be honest, the one advantage she has s she is far more talented then those said chart pop stars so has the talent to move on and go back to her origional sound on her next album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Sorry GL have been lurking and have had o put my two cents in again :D:p

I don't deny that Taylor is in the midst of the top of the pileor is slaying right now and that sales etc are not a true gauge of anything but neither is money as its not a reflection or a true one at least of sales, tours etcbut can be endorsements and deals in terms of impact and presence on the worl stage TS is farrom the top Gaga, Rihanna, And Katy Perry own that title and are right now the top females in terms of sales, tours, and rcords sold and overall revenue a thats just that :).

And stop being so blood y minded about co-writes what wouldhave happened if not for Lennon and McCartney for instnce :p

Taylor earned far more money last year then any you mentioned, gaga makes a lot of money from non music, somethng tayor dont really do.
    Taylors tour was far bigger then perrys, I like KP but she could not touch taylor touring, or for talent she really is not in taylor league at all, cant comment on album sales as dont know how many KP has sold.

Its hard to say who is biggest but money takes everything into account so its the best guage.

You cant compare lennon/mccartney to max martin:eek:
    If taylor wanted to co write she should have co-written with quality county/rock musicians, but its a sell out, a money maker thats all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Taylor earned far more money last year then any you mentioned, gaga makes a lot of money from non music, somethng tayor dont really do.
    Taylors tour was far bigger then perrys, I like KP but she could not touch taylor touring, or for talent she really is not in taylor league at all, cant comment on album sales as dont know how many KP has sold.

Its hard to say who is biggest but money takes everything into account so its the best guage.

You cant compare lennon/mccartney to max martin:eek:
    If taylor wanted to co write she should have co-written with quality county/rock musicians, but its a sell out, a money maker thats all.

http://perezhilton.com/2012-10-02-oprah-winfrey-forbes-highest-paid-woman-taylor-swift-katy-perry-britney-spears#.UGt_ILwSFkg

Britney made the most money in past year so are you saying she is the biggest female star of the moment?
    If it's the best gauge? then surely...

As much as I love Britney and will forever stan for her, she is not, I love Taylor too but she is not. Adele absolutely slayed the world in the past 18 months, she's only this week fell out of top 10 WW album chart in week 87.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this MOR 'deeevah' is on a one way road to poopville.

I'd rather lick my cats udders than desecrate my sacred ear-drums listening to the bile that spews forth from swifts gob.

sigh, that felt better!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Taylor made a lot of money from her tour but that isn't really a clear indication of being the biggest female. For instance, if Adele did a huge worldwide tour like Taylor then I'm sure she would've made just as much or more. My point is, it isn't just down to money. It's also about cultural impact, chart domination and general interest from the public.

And I think it's a positive sign she's worked with so many people for her new material. I didn't like that song she had with BOB but whether she writes her songs on her own or co-writes, she'll still get the credit for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor made a lot of money from her tour but that isn't really a clear indication of being the biggest female. For instance, if Adele did a huge worldwide tour like Taylor then I'm sure she would've made just as much or more. My point is, it isn't just down to money. It's also about cultural impact, chart domination and general interest from the public.

And I think it's a positive sign she's worked with so many people for her new material. I didn't like that song she had with BOB but whether she writes her songs on her own or co-writes, she'll still get the credit for it.

Well adele would never do a worldwide tour, certainly not on the scale of taylors, would adele play to 1.8m fans?, I doubt she would achieve that in her career let alone one tour. Thats not a dig at adele but just saying you cant compare taylor and adele touring.
    Albums sales are no indication of biggest star, and just how many of those albums that adele sold have been bought by randoms? 50%? 75%?

The only true judge is money made from music as thats take into account everything, at this moment in time I just dont see a bigger female artist then taylor especially with the release of her new album next month, going by the sort of music content its gonna appeal to a lot of chart pop fans and sales of 10m are not out of the question in the first 12 months or so.

She will get credit for co-writes but they are not her own songs, thats the big difference as it will be the first time that taylor has co-written songs for her album from scratch all songs on speak now and fearless were her origonal compositions.

There can only be one reason she has taken this new route and that it to become even more popular and make more money, there is no other reason. The taylor universe is pretty much split on if its a good move or not. Personally I think she is walking on dodgy ground, yes she may become more popular, she may make a lot more money but what of her credability as a musician?