Is there a problem with search facility on the movie forum...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
Forum Member
.. or is it my browser or am I doing something wrong?

I get this message for quite a few searches:

received zero-sized searchd response

To check I tried searching for 'Horrible'. There's a thread about Horrible Bosses 2 on page 1, so that should bring up at least one result.

If I search for 'bosses', I get results.:confused:

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have noticed this for a few months. It's annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I have noticed this for a few months. It's annoying.

Thanks. If others have the same problem, I won't fiddle with browser settings.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    It's not just the Movies forum - it's the whole site, AFAIK. Search by user name works, but nothing else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    It's not just the Movies forum - it's the whole site, AFAIK. Search by user name works, but nothing else.

Thanks. It's a shame, I wanted to read what people thought about a few of the films I've seen recently. As they aren't current, it will take too long ploughing through the pages.

Still, not to worry, the posts will be there when the problem's fixed.:)
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you have to retry a search request repeatedly until it brings up results. Usually takes two or three retries.

If that doesn't work, then go to Google and type '(whatever you're looking for) digitalspy' or '(whatever you're looking for) (your username) digitalspy'. This might bring up DS threads or posts in Google results.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    Yeah, use Google and the site: argument. Example below:
    nightcrawler site:forums.digitalspy.co.uk

The above will search for all terms "nightcrawler" within the site forums.digitalspy.co.uk.

PS - Seems to work on Bing, too.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I have found the search engines on Digital Spy quite difficult to use recently. I used to find that the search option was better in the past in respect of finding old forums, but I did used to find them.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it works fine as I just searched 'horrible, just use the advanced search. Then below the search bar. click 'search titles only' in the drop box and it'll show you lots of results for 'horrible'.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS are aware of the problem, they responded on a thread General Discussion forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=75637798&highlight=#post75637798