Options

Missed the end of Battleship - worth buying the DVD?

SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
Forum Member
Last week was the premier of Battleship on TV. I started recording and for some reason I believed the newspaper that it stopped at quarter past so stopped recording after turning on the TV and seeing the ads - I thought it was over. Wrong!

Watching it back the bloke with the metal legs was just getting out of the truck and squaring up to the alien and the battleship had was heading towards the island with the last two missiles then the break came and so did the end of my recording:(

I did enjoy it up until then - but is the last part worth me buying the DVD for or was it just wrapping up the story?

Comments

• Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what happened was they missed the transmitters with the shell so the aliens were able to call for reinforcements and to cut a short story even shorter, mankind was then enslaved by the aliens.

But if you want to see for yourself there is a repeat on Film Four on the 30th of December.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, a similar thing happened to me.
    I had recorded it by timer, then when I watched it later I found that the recording stopped early. I looked like about 10 minutes were chopped off the end.

The scene you described was roughly the point where my recording stopped.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Well what happened was they missed the transmitters with the shell so the aliens were able to call for reinforcements and to cut a short story even shorter, mankind was then enslaved by the aliens.

But if you want to see for yourself there is a repeat on Film Four on the 30th of December.
    He's fibbing. Both humans and aliens have a 'spiritual moment', realise the error of their warring ways, kiss and make up, then 'put on a show' Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland-style to express their new-found mutual harmony. It's the feel good film of the year.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    He's fibbing. Both humans and aliens have a 'spiritual moment', realise the error of their warring ways, kiss and make up, then 'put on a show' Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland-style to express their new-found mutual harmony. It's the feel good film of the year.

Naw, that's not it either. The humans use an alien spaceship hidden in Area 51, fly up to the alien mothership and download a virus from an Apple mac before making their escape just before the mothership blows up.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    More lies.

What really happens is the admiral gets really upset and screams "You've sunk my battleship! ". The aliens then scream back "Sod this for a lark, we're off to play Connect 4".
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You missed 15-20 minutes' worth. I liked the film for reasons no one (so far) could accept as valid, but I think it's best to leave it until it's on TV again because, if I remember rightly, the climax was disappointingly conventional and the final scene was cheesy.

There's a scene after the ending credits that suggests there's more to come, but I think you can find this scene at YouTube.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member

Thanks for that - I will pin up a post-it note.

The time given for the finish was wrong in my guide for some reason but glad I get a chance to see the end.:)