Most unfunny UK sitcoms of the last 5 years

15678911»

Comments

• ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top prize has to go to Mrs Browns Boys closely followed by Miranda.

Yep - hated both.
    worra load of old Shit :D
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toast of London-try hard surrealism. Didn't laugh once at it. There's been 2 series too which shows how far you can go in the comedy world with the right connections.

Also-Miranda- cheesy as hell script with eminently slappable characters. Just cringy to watch.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Anything involving James Corden

I agree. I also can't stand the sight or sound of Miranda Hart or Ben Elton.

All three are totally repulsive in every way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Not a huge fan of Outnumbered, but have to completely disagree with this. Children talking like adults on TV and in films is one of my pet peeves, but Outnumbered is definitely not guilty of this. Always thought it was one of the big strengths of the show in that the children's portrayal was so realistic. Their dialogue was appropriate for their respective ages and it was spoken in a fairly natural manner.
    Much of the children's dialogue was at least semi-improvised, which helped no end. It's all very well Bart Simpson or Eric Cartman zinging off scripted one-liners via their adult actors, but in a live action sitcom that approach is very rarely successful. Lily in 'Modern Family' for example is 50% genius, 50% unutterably horrible - the Brockman kids work far better IMHO.

Back on topic, and only sneaking in date-wise because of a couple of Christmas specials, I'd like to nominate The Royle Family. I have never understood why such a lazily scripted and crude show was/is so highly regarded. It has never raised so much as a smile for me...
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Mrs Browns Boys -Miranda The Royale Family -Outnumbered

None of that I find even remotely funny or get why anybody else can.

Other shows in the past like Men Behaving Badly-Young Ones-Bottom ect it may not have being to my taste in humour but I could always see why other people found them funny and got why many people loved them.

But the other shows I just can't see it at all.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably one of the ones I've never seen. And maybe never heard of.