Really looking forward to 'Moon'

12346»

Comments

• Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    The ending seems to suggest that Clone 6, the one that returns to Earth, gives evidence at an inquiry leading to exposure of Lunar Industries' use of clones on the moon.
    and all the other clones they had in storage?
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »

What would you propose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    What would you propose?
    a debate, by people who have watched the movie ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a debate, by people who have watched the movie ;)

Hence my question...:p
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not sure what the point of the clones, if they have to send a crew of 3 people, every 3 years, it only came this time to repair the harvester.

Nothing can be left self-manned that long. It always needs someone on site to ensure nothing would go wrong.

In this case, I think a company wouldn't that willing to risk a chance that it'd screw up during the three-year period; a screw up could cost them millions in a long run. A visiting crew is there to collect a bulk of resources for the earth.

The reason why they had clones was because it would be cheaper to clone someone who's trained to do the job. I think the film implied that humans couldn't tolerate staying on the base that long, due to the psychological factor of isolation.

What's better than cloning someone who knows the place inside out? The downside to having a clone is, of course, it doesn't last that long. Still cheaper than training a human each time as well as paying them a high salary for such a solitary job, I would think.
    I assume the transport pod Sam would have got into, just killed you, or was floated out into space.

I meant what happens to the unused clones, now the truth is public (at the end of the movie), many folks would say they should be unfrozen and allowed to live.

Why not? In my opinion, Sam 6 went home to reveal the truth, which then would bring investigators to the base where they find a back-up room of Sam clones. I didn't think the film needed to spell it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Hence my question...:p
    well I have already made a post on this
    saw it for the second time last night, cant help but wonder what happened to all the Sam clones.

I guess it depends on the most part what happens to the company, and humans ability to look the other way, in return for a seemingly miraculous energy source ;)

there are many things to consider.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Nothing can be left self-manned that long. It always needs someone on site to ensure nothing would go wrong.

In this case, I think a company wouldn't that willing to risk a chance that it'd screw up during the three-year period; a screw up could cost them millions in a long run. A visiting crew is there to collect a bulk of resources for the earth.

The reason why they had clones was because it would be cheaper to clone someone who's trained to do the job. I think the film implied that humans couldn't tolerate staying on the base that long, due to the psychological factor of isolation.

What's better than cloning someone who knows the place inside out? The downside to having a clone is, of course, it doesn't last that long. Still cheaper than training a human each time as well as paying them a high salary for such a solitary job, I would think.
    there is certainly no question that 3 years alone is too much, but as a team of people, it would be much easier. (even if that means extra wages)

I think its odd to think that the training needed* is the only reason for the clones, had always thought it was about the trips to and from the moon. Alot of the work seemed to be very automated.

* I expect the firm is making more than enough money to cover the wage at least. It has seemingly solved the worlds energy problems after all.
    Takae wrote: »
    Why not? In my opinion, Sam 6 went home to reveal the truth, which then would bring investigators to the base where they find a back-up room of Sam clones. I didn't think the film needed to spell it out.
    but what happens to the clones then?
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member

I have no idea. I imagine the suggestion is that Lunar Industries' clandestine and likely illegal method of manning the Moon facility is brought to a sudden halt. Perhaps the clones are awakened, but they only have a three year lifespan anyway. Who knows what would happen? I did hear that there was to be a sequel to Moon though? Perhaps that will have the answers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    I have no idea. I imagine the suggestion is that Lunar Industries' clandestine and likely illegal method of manning the Moon facility is brought to a sudden halt. Perhaps the clones are awakened, but they only have a three year lifespan anyway. Who knows what would happen? I did hear that there was to be a sequel to Moon though? Perhaps that will have the answers.
    looks like alot of clones of one person to have walking the earth at once, to say nothing of how you tell them the truth, and their feelings for their wife and daughter.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On BBC 4 at the moment
  • Options
    thisthis Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Love this film, if you've not seen it, you must!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a UV code up for grabs if anyone is interested.