I Cannot Get Into Marple!

13»

Comments

• trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying Julia Mckenzie's portrayal of Marple.
    It does seem much more faithful to the character in the books.
    I couldn't for the life of me place the book that last night's episode was based on though, even though a lot of it was familiar to me.
    EDIT - I've just seen the thread on last night's episode where someone has pointed out that Miss Marple wasn't in the book this was based on, so maybe that's what was confusing me!!
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Fritz wrote: »
    qwertyuiop[oiuyrtewq

Apologies for my post above - it seems that before one cleans ones keyboard, one should check that they're not logged in to anything :o
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for my post above - it seems that before one cleans ones keyboard, one should check that they're not logged in to anything :o

Brilliant :D

I've been trying to work out what it was. Thought it was some secret code, Agatha Christie style :D
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
    That gave me a real laugh! Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Watched last night's episode - did not enjoy it. I cannot understand why they feel the need to 'insert' her into a book which she did not originally appear in. If they have really run out of books (which they haven't) then don't do it. I must say unfortunately, that I am regretting Geraldine McKewan leaving the role now (I didn't think I would) as Julia's portrayal is quite frankly a bit boring to watch. For me Joan Hickson was the definitive Marple but I quite got into Geraldine's portrayal as it was different, a bit batty, more funny but very shrewd. Julia doesn't seem to have found a niche yet and seems unsure how to play her. I'm sure it must be very daunting to take on the role after someone has played her to perfection (JH) for many years but at least Geraldine put something different into it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ROFLMAO. :D

I haven't seen last night's yet, but I think I read that it's one where they've shoehorned Miss Marple into an Agatha Christie story that Agatha Christie didn't put her into.

I think I vaguely remember one a few years ago where Miss Marple met Tommy and Tuppence Beresford, but I suppose I might have dreamed it!
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    trec123 wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    That gave me a real laugh! Thanks!

Would you believe that I actually work in IT support too?? I really ought to know better!
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    4444 wrote: »
    Usually there's nothing I like better than a good period drama but I really cannot abide these adaptations of Marple, even the new one with Julia McKenzie. Is there something the matter with me?

I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing wrong with you is that you wonder if there's something wrong with you 'cos you can't get into the Marple series lol
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any particular reason that you've replied to a post from over 5 years ago?
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason that you've replied to a post from over 5 years ago?

Oops :blush:. There is a reason; I did a search for something, I didn't find it but this thread showed up and I didn't notice the date haha
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens to all of us!
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    Brilliant :D

I've been trying to work out what it was. Thought it was some secret code, Agatha Christie style :D

Apparently it means good day in Klingon ;-);-);-)