How much longer are we going to have to put up with this Danny Pink crap?

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
Seriously losing patience with this show now . never thought I would see the day :(

Clara has been ruined, she progressed into such a great character as well.
Danny Pink is the most dire actor and recurring character in the shows history. All this nonsense between him and Clara has been allowed to prevail too much this series.

I'm hoping she goes and take this moronic storyline with her. For the sake of the show!

Though I heard some awful news earlier which I'm hoping is innacurate . Danny Pink in the Christmas special ? >:(

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I must admit he is the only thing I dislike about this series thankfully if you add up all his screen time it's only about 10 maybe 15 mins and 90% of that was tonight
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, being told that Clara and Pink are so in love and then actually seeing it on screen, it's laughable. There is literally nothing there, no chemistry at all and not even a likeability factor. He just has zero charisma.

If she's staying next series we need less emphasis on her, more on the Doctor and get rid of Pink the plank.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I really like the character, but tonight I did have to wonder whether I like the way he's been written. Pretty much the same as Clara in series 7.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the nonsense that was Listen and the lame attempt at a soap opera arc, even the beautiful Clara cannot keep me watching every episode. The producer thinks Who is not strong enough to keep watching if he doesn't keep a soap opera thread in it? Farewell to Dozy Plonk.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    I agree, being told that Clara and Pink are so in love and then actually seeing it on screen, it's laughable. There is literally nothing there, no chemistry at all and not even a likeability factor. He just has zero charisma.

If she's staying next series we need less emphasis on her, more on the Doctor and get rid of Pink the plank.

That's exactly the problem I know a lot of people had major issues with Amy but at least her and Rory gave the impression of a genuine couple in love. there is nothing about Danny and Clara. The lines are bad enough but he really isn't a good actor he mumbles most of his lines and is so one dimensional you could think is Danny pink a robot under there.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll probably be killed in the next episode.
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    That's exactly the problem I know a lot of people had major issues with Amy but at least her and Rory gave the impression of a genuine couple in love. there is nothing about Danny and Clara. The lines are bad enough but he really isn't a good actor he mumbles most of his lines and is so one dimensional you could think is Danny pink a robot under there.

As I said in another thread I have to disagree

While it was obvious Rory loved Amy but it just seemed for Amy that Rory would do because The Doctor did not love her like that. and she made it clear if The Doctor did show any interest like that he would have being out of the door before he knew what hit him and it it would probably have being her hitting him again

She treated him worse than something she had trodden in I will never know why he took it and just didn't tell her to piss off I treat people I don't even like better and with more respect then she did Rory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I find disturbing about Pink is that the hair on his head is exactly the same texture and composition as the hair on his face.

I'm not sure I've come across this before; he looks like he's absolutely covered in peach fluff.
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    He's such a nothing character, played by a very wooden actor. You could replace him with a cardboard cut out and get the same range of emotions from him. Surely they won't keep him for series 9?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in another thread I have to disagree

While it was obvious Rory loved Amy but it just seemed for Amy that Rory would do because The Doctor did not love her like that. and she made it clear if The Doctor did show any interest like that he would have being out of the door before he knew what hit him and it it would probably have being her hitting him again

She treated him worse than something she had trodden in I will never know why he took it and just didn't tell her to piss off I treat people I don't even like better and with more respect then she did Rory.

I know what you mean. good or bad they did manage to evoke some reaction
    With Clara and Danny though there is just nothing. I still cant believe the producers as a whole thought the character was developed enough for such a major role.

You could even understand if they were adding layers week on week but he doesn't seem to progress past annoying and mumbling. I think even seeing a sinister motive would have helped more than just plodding along Him acting all macho and clara loving everything about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sealeg wrote: »
    He's such a nothing character, played by a very wooden actor. You could replace him with a cardboard cut out and get the same range of emotions from him. Surely they won't keep him for series 9?

Now you've made me think Danny Pink is Mr Ben..
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    Now you've made me think Danny Pink is Mr Ben..

Shopkeepers. (well, the woman in the shop might've owned it) Fezzes. Hmmm.
  • hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    He is a rather one dimensional spare part at present. Maybe he is a UNIT soldier who is undercover to protect or monitor the Doctor from evil Clara. Maybe the person he sheds tears over killing in the first episode is Clara in some timey wimey way. He'd better have a better back story than just the annoying controlling boyfriend or else he ends up as being rather pointless
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Seriously losing patience with this show now . never thought I would see the day :(

Clara has been ruined, she progressed into such a great character as well.
    Danny Pink is the most dire actor and recurring character in the shows history. All this nonsense between him and Clara has been allowed to prevail too much this series.

I'm hoping she goes and take this moronic storyline with her. For the sake of the show!

Though I heard some awful news earlier which I'm hoping is innacurate . Danny Pink in the Christmas special ?
    >:(
    For me, probably the worst, most flat uncharacterized character there has ever been. There have been characters on screen for 10 mins of a single episode who have shown more personality and acting range.

Pretty much sick of everything to do with Clara and Danny both at this point. Really hope the rumours of her leaving at Christmas (or maybe even the finale if were really lucky) are true and that she takes danny with her.

I too would consider it awful news if it is true that danny is in the Christmas
    special as every second he is on screen feels like a waste and an insult to the show.

He is a rather one dimensional spare part at present. Maybe he is a UNIT soldier who is undercover to protect or monitor the Doctor from evil Clara. Maybe the person he sheds tears over killing in the first episode is Clara in some timey wimey way. He'd better have a better back story than just the annoying controlling boyfriend or else he ends up as being rather pointless
    AT this point I don't think anything they could show of him in the finale would make up for how inanely boring and pointless he has been so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that actually makes a lot of sense it seems crazy they would deploy this character who clearly isn't developing or giving more of himself its completely static
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member

I have to disagree about Amy and Rory. I always thought Amy was very cold with Rory and acted like she was his superior.
  • hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    that actually makes a lot of sense it seems crazy they would deploy this character who clearly isn't developing or giving more of himself its completely static

Yes or whoever does character development ought to be shot!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a UNIT soldier bearing in mind UNIT seem to be in the finale
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    ...wow. Such hatred for a character we see so little of.

"this Danny Pink crap"

Wow. Just wow.

Who went and made YOU a Hugo winning script writer? Cos that's one heck of a well balanced, thought out and eloquently stated opinion that I have no chance in hell of even beginning to respond to it.

People seem determined to hate him. Why?? Is it because he isn't a pair of boobs on legs? Is it because he makes Clara less "available"? Is it because he has no wish to travel on the TARDIS? Or is it because he's not Rose fricking flying Tyler?

Seriously though the continued and unconditional hatred for Pink is staggering. I wasn't too sure about him myself at first, but tonight's episode changed that for me. He came across as genuinely caring for the kids and clara, though he took no nonsense and demanded of people only what he would give them. The idea that Pink has seen enough danger that he has learned to appreciate the normal, mundane stuff that even the Doctor has said before he loves about humans, is something I find refreshing and new.

And did anyone notice the Doctor actually used his name in the end? I am liking the character arcs this series.

And please stop spouting this "crappy soap opera" rubbish as if it's new. Fans with an axe to grind have been using that one since the 1980s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    I have to disagree about Amy and Rory. I always thought Amy was very cold with Rory and acted like she was his superior.

I wont even begin to tell you what I wanted to do with Rory...:blush::D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get him doing a few more high double somersaults, that might liven things up.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    ...wow. Such hatred for a character we see so little of.

"this Danny Pink crap"

Wow. Just wow.

Who went and made YOU a Hugo winning script writer? Cos that's one heck of a well balanced, thought out and eloquently stated opinion that I have no chance in hell of even beginning to respond to it.

People seem determined to hate him. Why?? Is it because he isn't a pair of boobs on legs? Is it because he makes Clara less "available"? Is it because he has no wish to travel on the TARDIS? Or is it because he's not Rose fricking flying Tyler?

Seriously though the continued and unconditional hatred for Pink is staggering. I wasn't too sure about him myself at first, but tonight's episode changed that for me. He came across as genuinely caring for the kids and clara, though he took no nonsense and demanded of people only what he would give them. The idea that Pink has seen enough danger that he has learned to appreciate the normal, mundane stuff that even the Doctor has said before he loves about humans, is something I find refreshing and new.

And did anyone notice the Doctor actually used his name in the end? I am liking the character arcs this series.

And please stop spouting this "crappy soap opera" rubbish as if it's new. Fans with an axe to grind have been using that one since the 1980s.
    I find that the soap opera stuff brings realism into the show. It makes you feel like the show is in the real world.
    Forum Member

People seem determined to hate him. Why?? Is it because he isn't a pair of boobs on legs?

No why should that matter

Is it because he makes Clara less "available"?

No why should that matter
    Is it because he has no wish to travel on the TARDIS?

No I think it's good not everyone wants to
    Or is it because he's not Rose fricking flying Tyler?
    If she never returns again it will be to soon she's had more come backs than a boomerang.

It's the fact he's a bit dull and controlling he doesn't ask Clara to do things he orders her to and it seems it's his way or no way notice how no matter what they are talking about or doing she has to end up doing it the way he said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member

No. It's because he's a horribly acted and written character who is highly unconvincing and makes me want to punch my television screen during his ridiculously high screen time. I want a Dalek to exterminate him and the entire insufferable Danny Pink plot-line ASAP.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    The problem I have with him and the Clara Pink story is that they seem to have serious bouts of amnesia because they literally have the same argument every week for about 5 weeks running and I don't see the point. I'm really confused as to why he is still constantly getting in such a flap about her going off doing stuff with the Doctor.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Danny Pink there because the writers think that girl viewers want to see lots of romance ? Looks like it to me. It's boring me witless. I hope something nasty, gets him - maybe a giant space doughnut full of jam.