Who will you vote for?

Comments

• Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the marxist party (Greens) doing so well.

There is no difference between labour and the cons... whatever labour give to the people, it will sneakily take something else with another stealth tax as always.
  • HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its really sad that the british public's thoughts are so controlled by the media that they cannot see that the only party that can bring the nation back together again as a whole from Shetlands to Cornwall are the Lib-Dems.. The party that stands for typical harassed office workers. Neither Working Class or Toff Class, just us, normal every day sort of people.
  • Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Wow! According to the results so far we will have a 94% turnout. (Or more likely DS is not representative of the public :D).

?

Respondents are probably about 0.001% of total DS membership.
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HillmanImp wrote: »
    Its really sad that the british public's thoughts are so controlled by the media that they cannot see that the only party that can bring the nation back together again as a whole from Shetlands to Cornwall are the Lib-Dems.. The party that stands for typical harassed office workers. Neither Working Class or Toff Class, just us, normal every day sort of people.

Maybe so, but look where that got us in 2010. Five years of Tory rule.
    There'll be hundreds of thousands who won't make that same mistake again.

The biggest question here, assuming that only one of Lab or Con can still win a GE (though that may all change by 2020), and only by a minority, is what coalition would people favour?

Lib-Lab-Green-SNP-PC-SF coalition vs Con-Lib-UKIP-DUP (CLUD) coalition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get the feeling that many labour voters would vote for a clown with a red rosette on their blazer, not that Ed is too far off that image...
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get the feeling that many labour voters would vote for a clown with a red rosette on their blazer, not that Ed is too far off that image...

Or maybe they might vote for them just to stop a "clown" with a blue rosette on their blazer from winning?
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to choose 'other' as I just have no idea at the moment who to vote for. In the past, I've voted Lib Dem, but I've found them a bit weak and inefectual recently, so I'm stuck for a different party to choose. Definitely never Tories or Ukip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    I had to choose 'other' as I just have no idea at the moment who to vote for. In the past, I've voted Lib Dem, but I've found them a bit weak and inefectual recently, so I'm stuck for a different party to choose. Definitely never Tories or Ukip.

Would you consider Greens?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

But some do so with a heavy heart.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, we really need to get UKIP voters out in those marginals!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh how I would love to see the day with the Tories on 12%. :D
  • Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Oh how I would love to see the day with the Tories on 12%. :D

And UKIP on 30%?
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea at the moment. None of them seem to tick enough boxes for me :( Maybe that might change in the next few months but I doubt it.
  • jason81jason81 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    UKIP in Northern Ireland and maybe a No2 preference vote for SDLP.

DUP/SF forced coalition have failed NI on every possible occasion in every possible way.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see myself voting for any of them at this stage.
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    But some do so with a heavy heart.

Yes well I know there will be many UKIPs who will, appropriately enough, be skipping to the polling booths...

'... the fool is obstinate and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance.'
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,783
    Forum Member
    I've not decided yet. I won't rule out not voting at all as none of these parties are doing what needs to be done and or what I would like to see them do so why should I keep on being expected to vote for them?!

The Green's have blown it with me with their crazy stance of wanting to legalise illegal drugs. They are illegal for a reason, if they had to put up with people out of their heads on drugs more maybe they wouldn't be in favour of legalising them! The Green's not wanting to build new houses on the green belt is the other reason why I won't vote for them either now.

As for Labour, I think they are pretty much going to be what Blair/Brown offered us and they are not going to build council homes at all and the best we are going to get on housing is Housing Associations getting up to 30% of the houses built on private developments. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

We need the 2 Million council homes that were sold off replaced and mainly in new towns too! A living wage as well passed into law and I mean a proper living wage that takes into account the cost of housing and rents not the mickey mouse general inflation figures that never take into account the real cost of housing. Also the rail franchises should be allowed to expire and go back into Government control and run in a not for profit way with cheaper rail ticket prices etc etc!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »
    Maybe so, but look where that got us in 2010. Five years of Tory rule.
    There'll be hundreds of thousands who won't make that same mistake again.

The biggest question here, assuming that only one of Lab or Con can still win a GE (though that may all change by 2020), and only by a minority, is what coalition would people favour?

Lib-Lab-Green-SNP-PC-SF coalition vs Con-Lib-UKIP-DUP (CLUD) coalition
    See that is the MEDIA talking, you could just as easily say:

"look, people voted Conservative and it let the Lib-Dems into power. Lib-Dem policies have been rebranded 'tory' but we all know they are really Lib-Dem".........

These 100s of thousands you talk about have not been thinking coherently.
    Forum Member
    See that is the MEDIA talking, you could just as easily say:

"look, people voted Conservative and it let the Lib-Dems into power. Lib-Dem policies have been rebranded 'tory' but we all know they are really Lib-Dem".........

These 100s of thousands you talk about have not been thinking coherently.

The Lib Dems sold out and deserve never to be given another vote again as far as I'm concerned which is how most people think too. That is obvious from the by elections results this parliament to which there have been many. Even Eastleigh where they won was a tactical vote because the Libs control the council there I think and people there didn't want the Tories to win. They still should have voted Labour instead though than Libs.
  • bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted lib-dem in locals because they introduced £10,000 tax threshold, it was a little thank-you from me. Not voted for them before, not sure would do it in GE though.
    Forum Member
    bozzimacoo wrote: »
    I voted lib-dem in locals because they introduced £10,000 tax threshold, it was a little thank-you from me. Not voted for them before, not sure would do it in GE though.

It was a tax con! VAT was put up to 20% and prices went up a lot more than 2.5% in many cases too as they often do with VAT increases. This Government also put up National Insurance contribution rates by 1% too I think from 11% to 12%.

Then they cut all sorts of benefits and sacked loads of workers from Government jobs. George Osborne himself says his budgets are "revenue neutral" That means he doesn't give anything away without clawing it back somehow!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    So vote for that party again! It's better than not voting at all.

No point if no one else does. I noticed that in a few local by elections we have had this year, people have voted for this party, but they won't when the local election comes around.
    You could always get a postal vote.

I could do, I did say I would never do postal voting, I did have a look online, but you still need to download a form and send it back by post. Really? I thought they wanted us to do things online these days.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And sell us out to the EU more so than labour and the tories.
  • bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    It was a tax con! VAT was put up to 20% and prices went up a lot more than 2.5% in many cases too as they often do with VAT increases. This Government also put up National Insurance contribution rates by 1% too I think from 11% to 12%.

Then they cut all sorts of benefits and sacked loads of workers from Government jobs. George Osborne himself says his budgets are "revenue neutral" That means he doesn't give anything away without clawing it back somehow!

ok vat is a p!ss take, but I buy what I want food wise and usually get bargains from reduced shelf, so my spend hasn't changed. the big 4 are in aprice war so going to diff stores allows more savings. Petrol is subject to oil prices, which like it or not, since the U.S. are supporting themselves more, OPEC not reducing capacity, means we are supposed to be having cheaper at the pumps.
    That just leaves a vote winner of throwing out VAT on energy - if any of them wants to oblige...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    And sell us out to the EU more so than labour and the tories.
    There is no sell out. No one gets a back hander for their belief system. In an ideal world we should all work together, we should love our neighbours. Who are our neighbours? In the Jesus example the neighbours were from the country next door - Samaria. I guess, in the UKIP context, Samaria is Poland. UKIP voters, I suspect, do not love the EU, especially the eastern nations.

The Liberal Democrats, beloved by right-On-Clerics actually does love its neighbours. Vote Lib-Dem for a nicer UK and a nicer EU. Smash the class system - there is only one way to do it.. Vote Lib-Dem. Smash the SNP, there is only one way to do it, vote Lib-Dem in Gordon, Smash UKIP, there is only one way to do it, let your nice side out and vote Lib-Dem. For a nicer world vote Lib-Dem.