Who will you vote for?

Comments

• Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will vote UKIP and no other political party has so far yet not given me a reason not to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    For those of your who have voted UKIP in this poll, are you really going to vote for them in May or are you just hoping that others will by pretending that you will and you will end up voting elsewhere in the end?

Also out of interest on what basis are you voting UKIP?

On the basis first and foremost in the hope of getting a Euro referendum i do not trust Camerons promise.

And the fact the Labour party seemed to have stopped representing the working class after their disgusting open door immigration policy.

And yes i really am going to vote for them.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    If they got 10 MPs it's possible they could hold the balance of power! And even having one MP is not pointless as it allows a voice in Parliament and more exposure for Green views.

The Lib Dems may be in a mess after the GE, but at least they were able to deliver some of their policies while in government.

Lets see if they still think it was worth it in May. I'll be voting for a party that could actually win.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,778
    Forum Member
    On the basis first and foremost in the hope of getting a Euro referendum i do not trust Camerons promise.

And the fact the Labour party seemed to have stopped representing the working class after their disgusting open door immigration policy.

And yes i really am going to vote for them.

If we left the EU it would cost us more in taxes/tariffs that we currently pay to the EU. It would be a lot more as we'd have to pay to export to EU countries and there would be bound to be lots of companies that leave the UK so they don't have to face those taxes/tariffs. That would lead to job losses, extra taxes, more spent on benefits and public spending cuts on other public services. On that basis, you still want us to leave regardless?
    Forum Member
    DadDancer wrote: »
    yes will voting UKIP in May. 100%. They have the best policies, such as being the only party wanting to leave the wretched EU. Good policies on climate change, education, economy, NHS, and immigration too.
    They have the best party members. Farage is a legend. Suzanne Evans, Patrick O'flynn, Diane James, Mark Wreckless, Douglas Carswell, are a tour de force and far better than anything Con-Lab-Lib have to offer.

What great speeches/points have they come out with? See my post above this to see the flaws in their stances too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we left the EU it would cost us more in taxes/tariffs that we currently pay to the EU. It would be a lot more as we'd have to pay to export to EU countries and there would be bound to be lots of companies that leave the UK so they don't have to face those taxes/tariffs. That would lead to job losses, extra taxes, more spent on benefits and public spending cuts on other public services. On that basis, you still want us to leave regardless?

I believe we could Finland operates successfully outside of the EU. We would not be hits by billion ££££££s bailout bills either,that may well set off any higher taxes payable.

We could export to other economies also.

If anybody thinks by being out side it would be doom of all doom i think that most probably would not happen.

The very fact politicians who themselves have a vested interest in us staying in are saying that, tells me all i possibly need to know.
    Forum Member
    I believe we could Finland operates successfully outside of the EU. We would not be hits by billion ££££££s bailout bills either,that may well set off any higher taxes payable.

We could export to other economies also.

If anybody thinks by being out side it would be doom of all doom i think that most probably would not happen.

The very fact politicians who themselves have a vested interest in us staying in are saying that, tells me all i possibly need to know.

Finland is part of the EU. It might not be in the Eurozone but in any case ANY COUNTRY that isn't part of the EU but gets into free trade deals with the EU still has to pay the EU a lot of money for those deals and they still have to agree to the same rules. The only difference is they don't have any say/votes or veteos so what's the point of going down that route?!

The only way we would be properly independent would be to not have a FTA with the EU but then our companies would have to pay taxes/tariffs to export goods and services to EU countries and it would result in what I posted above. You might think its a price worth paying, I don't think most people will if they lose their jobs and those in work have to pay extra taxes and get public spending cuts too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland is part of the EU. It might not be in the Eurozone but in any case ANY COUNTRY that isn't part of the EU but gets into free trade deals with the EU still has to pay the EU a lot of money for those deals and they still have to agree to the same rules. The only difference is they don't have any say/votes or veteos so what's the point of going down that route?!

The only way we would be properly independent would be to not have a FTA with the EU but then our companies would have to pay taxes/tariffs to export goods and services to EU countries and it would result in what I posted above. You might think its a price worth paying, I don't think most people will if they lose their jobs and those in work have to pay extra taxes and get public spending cuts too.

Well thats al heresy and scaremongering with respect.

The billions that George Osbourne has been asked to give of our money in a bailout just recently would not be payable.

And even if we had a FTA higher taxes would maybe offset bailout money as i said above.

For what its worth i just want a referendum most people have not had one,and we certainly did not get one before what the biggest agreement signed was.

The Single European Act,which i felt we should have done.
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Well thats al heresy and scaremongering with respect.

The billions that George Osbourne has been asked to give of our money in a bailout just recently would not be payable.

And even if we had a FTA higher taxes would maybe offset bailout money as i said above.

For what its worth i just want a referendum most people have not had one,and we certainly did not get one before what the biggest agreement signed was.

The Single European Act,which i felt we should have done.

No its not. Norway and Switzeland are not in the EU but have FTA's with the EU and have to pay for those deals and agree to all EU Single Market Rules. It took Switzerland 15 years to get that agreement as well. It took the UK 15 years to get into the then EC, you should ask yourself why the TORIES were so keen to join the EC if it was so bad for us overall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its not. Norway and Switzeland are not in the EU but have FTA's with the EU and have to pay for those deals and agree to all EU Single Market Rules. It took Switzerland 15 years to get that agreement as well. It took the UK 15 years to get into the then EC, you should ask yourself why the TORIES were so keen to join the EC if it was so bad for us overall.

It was sold to us in my life time by Edward Heath as a free trade zone only.

Not as a superstate like it is now. Without proper referendum.

The Tories are very keen on a super club for rich multinationals,where cheap Labour cab be exported on a whim.

And also when they lose their seat we have a euro job for you old boy.;-) same as Labour really.
    Forum Member
    It was sold to us in my life time by Edward Heath as a free trade zone only.

Not as a superstate like it is now. Without proper referendum.

The Tories are very keen on a super club for rich multinationals,where cheap Labour cab be exported on a whim.

And also when they lose their seat we have a euro job for you old boy.;-) same as Labour really.

I think you clutching at straws and are kidding yourself in why both the Tories and Labour wanted into the EU. It was Thatcher btw that changed it from the EC to EU.

Politicians can make loads of money after being MP's in all sorts of ways, they don't need the EU.

I'm not saying the EU is perfect, far from it, but we will probably be worse off leaving. I say probably becuase no party including UKIP and Farage have come out with the likely figures of all the consequences of leaving.

We need to be told how much would prices/inflation would go up if we leave. Which companies would leave the UK and which one's wouldn't. How much would taxes go up, how much unemployment would there be etc etc
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,557
    Forum Member
    Going back to the OP I would say that this poll shows that DS politics does not reflect any major poll in any way and that to use DS as an example of public opinion would be rather silly.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In order I would vote:

Green
    Labour
    Independent
    Lib Dem
    Raving Looney Party
    That guy Bob
    A turd
    Tories
    Another Turd
    Some Homeless Guy
    Mickey Mouse
    Dick Van Dyke
    The Joker
    Abstain
    UKIP
    BNP
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I am no longer young and naive, I will be voting Conservative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that is the actual result of the general election, would the last person to leave please turn the lights off?
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll join you in switching the lights off. ;)
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,564
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

That is a non sequitur I'm afraid!
  • Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, has it proved DS polls are unrepresentative of the general public?

At least this one, yes. But only 175 votes.

I might try one in general. :D
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,557
    Forum Member
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    At least this one, yes. But only 175 votes.

I might try one in general. :D

Yeah small sample but very close to the two previous polls I have seen on here that have been done recently.
    Not sure if a political poll will last long in General but worth a shot. Mods may just shove it in here
  • Andrew1954Andrew1954 Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    Just anecdotal, but I have noticed that there seems to be more support for UKIP on forums than you might expect from official polls. If true could that be because older people have more time to spend on forums and they are more likely to be UKIP supporters? Just a thought.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Thats irony for you.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mithy73 wrote: »
    You are paranoid if you believe the Liberals are getting back-handers for adhering to an ideological position they genuinely hold. What would be the point?
    Extra money, as if they do not get enough as it is. If you think that there is no corruption in the EU then you have blinkers on. this is a organisation that have not had it accounts signed off for years and I doubt they ever will.

Since what you just said is not true, then you should have no problem with it at all, then.

Firstly, we don't have to follow any laws that Germany or France make. Secondly, the 'laws' made at an EU level are made with the participation of our Government and the people we elect to the European Parliament and in accordance with the treaties signed by our Government and ratified by our Parliament.

That is what they want us to believe, but we all know that the E.U is run by Germany and France and a if we do not tow the line they throw their toys out of the pram, but they can do what they want.

The commissioners from other countries which are not voted in by the public, may get a say if it suits Germany and France,

The European parliament is a sham, just to look good and to make the public think they are getting a say in this undemocratic organisation.
    That isn't true either. Firstly, the treaties do not give the EU institutions the right to make legislation about anything they like. They're restricted to a set of 'competences' which leave national legislatures with responsibility for the bulk of legislation that affects the countries and their peoples. Secondly, legislation arises at an EU level as a product of diplomatic negotiation as well as political debate - and though we may not always like the outcome, our European Parliamentarians and Government officials were as much a part of the process as those of any other member state.

Again that is what they like us to think. You really fell for all their propaganda have you?
    Time to tell the E.U to get lost and time to start running our own country and setting out own laws.

That's not true either - irrespective of whether the Lib Dems want it (and the reality is somewhat less stark than the caricature), few if any of the other member states are interested in ending their own status as sovereign states.
    Apart from Germany and France who wants this united states of Europe, certainly Germany. they could not take over by wars, so they are trying this way.

{quote]
    This is the problem with too many anti-EU types. They have in their heads this straw-man version of the EU and how it operates that doesn't really exist in reality. The EU has a lot of flaws, to be sure, but there's no excuse for resorting to tired old claims that are, in effect, lies - caricatures at best and deceitful propaganda at worst.[/QUOTE]

And E.U types can not see what is happening before their eyes, and we will sink deeper and deeper into this E.U until we are little more than a state. They call us a state now, they have their own flag, own currency and their own Anthem. Looks like the start of a United states of Europe to me.
    The only reason they did not force us into the Euro was because they are worried we would leave and take our money with us.

We need to be free, we did not fight two world wars to be told what to do by other countries, that also include the U.S.A as well and the UN as they seem to like telling us how to run our country.

Why the hell do we not just tell these organisations and countries to go away and put their house in order first.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Well, you don't know what everyone else is going to do! They used to say that voting Liberal was a wasted vote ... but if all those thinking about it had "wasted" their vote, the Liberals could have been in government decades ago.

Voting Lib Dems is a wasted vote, it was sham they got in, they got least votes than Labour and yet still got into government, how do that work?

People will vote the same as they normally vote,, certainly here, they will vote Tory as it is the done thing.

Corruption and funny handshakes.

Of course it would help if we had a voting system that would encourage more people to vote for the less popular parties.
    We had a chance to change the system, but the British public as normal stuck in their ways and did not want it, instead they stuck with a system that is out of date and undemocratic.

I've done it - it's really not that much of a hassle to set up.

Still got to fill in a off line form and send it through the post.
    Not worth bothering with anyway, no one worth voting for, not one of them is worth getting out of bed for to be honest.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland is part of the EU. It might not be in the Eurozone

Finland is both in the EU and the Eurozone.

Talk about the blind leading the blind :(
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Voting Lib Dems is a wasted vote, it was sham they got in, they got least votes than Labour and yet still got into government, how do that work?

It's called democracy.

Try looking around the world at properly democratic countries and you'll soon get the hang.