Options

Do you feel like a bad person when you vote UKIP/SNP?

HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was thinking, if I voted UKIP or SNP I would feel like a bit of a bounder, like letting the side down. Letting Europe down, letting Blightie down. I would feel I could no longer look my fellow Pole or English person in the eye.
Could you heavily promote UKIP or SNP in front of your Polish and English friends and feel happy about it and still have a sense that you are a good person?

Is the rise of stuff like UKIP and SNP due to a decrease in general morality or is it because Kippers and Nats perceive that globalisation is actually the "evil thing" and voting UKIP or SNP is like supporting native tribes in the Amazon - like stopping globalisation and letting the natives keep their traditional way of life.

When you vote UKIP or SNP are you thinking of others or yourself?

Are UKIP and SNP more Green then Green?

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Others.
    Probably not.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    HillmanImp wrote: »
    I was thinking, if I voted UKIP or SNP I would feel like a bit of a bounder, like letting the side down. Letting Europe down, letting Blightie down. I would feel I could no longer look my fellow Pole or English person in the eye.
    Could you heavily promote UKIP or SNP in front of your Polish and English friends and feel happy about it and still have a sense that you are a good person?

Is the rise of stuff like UKIP and SNP due to a decrease in general morality or is it because Kippers and Nats perceive that globalisation is actually the "evil thing" and voting UKIP or SNP is like supporting native tribes in the Amazon - like stopping globalisation and letting the natives keep their traditional way of life.

English and Polish people campaign, stand and vote for SNP the same cannot be said of UKIP. SNP voters tend be far more open to immigration than even Labour voters so to lump SNP and UKIP together is nothing short of malicious, and you know it.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HillmanImp wrote: »

I really don't think you understand very much about the SNP. Possibly you are getting confused with the BNP.. ?

ETA: Just realised who posted this. This FM is reaaaally starting to look schizophrenic. It's just like the ramblings of a mad-man every day.
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patronising thread! I'm not going to bite.
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Do you feel like a bad person when you vote UKIP/SN

No - but would feel thoroughly ashamed and a traitor if I ever stooped to voting Lab.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cessna wrote: »

No - but would feel thoroughly ashamed and a traitor if I ever stooped to voting Lab.

:D

I think I'd feel pretty ashamed if I voted for any of the major parties again, and that includes Labour, LD, Conservative and UKIP! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    :D

I think I'd feel pretty ashamed if I voted for any of the major parties again, and that includes Labour, LD, Conservative and UKIP! :D

Inclined to fully agree - but for me Labour comes tops in treachery for covering up and/or lying over their deliberate policy of importing hundreds of thousands of immigrants on whom they confidently expected would result in eventually increasing the size of the Labour vote !
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ide ashamed to vote for the big three who would sell their children to get votes. They don't care about anyone! At least Ukip have a purpose and democracy is letting them offer people an alternative. Guess what people are voting for them !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Inclined to fully agree - but for me Labour comes tops in treachery for covering up and/or lying over their deliberate policy of importing hundreds of thousands of immigrants on whom they confidently expected would result in eventually increasing the size of the Labour vote !

Immigrants are good for Scotland and the SNP is right to support them. We want to remain a part of the wider European community within the EU. Labour have been treacherous on some fronts but on immigration they, at least for a while, did the right thing. Now they seem to be behaving almost as badly as the rightwing parties like UKIP and Tory. It's good that we have parties to like the SNP, Plaid and the Greens to fight off right wing nationalism and anti-EU and anti-immigrant sentiment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anndra_w wrote: »
    Immigrants are good for Scotland and the SNP is right to support them. We want to remain a part of the wider European community within the EU. Labour have been treacherous on some fronts but on immigration they, at least for a while, did the right thing. Now they seem to be behaving almost as badly as the rightwing parties like UKIP and Tory. It's good that we have parties to like the SNP, Plaid and the Greens to fight off right wing nationalism and anti-EU and anti-immigrant sentiment.

Who could ever accept it was right for Labour to deliberately mislead Parliament and the British people into believing only 30,000 immigrants would arrive in the first year from E.Europe when they - Labours very own embassy staff were warning them that some 600,000 - 700,000 immigrants were massing on the border ready to enter the UK !
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't vote for 'em.

So no. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who could ever accept it was right for Labour to deliberately mislead Parliament and the British people into believing only 30,000 immigrants would arrive in the first year from E.Europe when they - Labours very own embassy staff were warning them that some 600,000 - 700,000 immigrants were massing on the border ready to enter the UK !

When you start using language like that it's hard to take you seriously. Immigrants enrich our societies. Embrace it.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you start using language like that it's hard to take you seriously. Immigrants enrich our societies. Embrace it.

Try telling that to the people of Sydney.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Would you care to state what part of the language explaining the truth upsets you.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

Tell that to the people of Scotland ( 58% want less immigration) , I would imagine the figure will be far higher, if they ever get immigration on the massive scale England has suffered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25910947
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Nope, because Polish people with a skill that's needed would still be able to work here under a points-based system. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Try telling that to the people of Sydney.

Indigenous to the core, are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Indigenous to the core, are they?

Nope but that isn't the point and you know it.....or maybe you don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope but that isn't the point and you know it.....or maybe you don't.

Please do enlighten me to what is, because right now I'm thinking we don't string everybody up just because some are wrong 'uns.
  • Options
    iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, it feels pretty damn good.

Interesting that you attempt to lump UKIP and SNP in together, something I would ordinarily balk at. However, I was reflecting recently that actually, as a SNP supporter, at the moment UKIP are our brothers in arms in making the established parties of the UK bleed as much as possible at the next GE.

For me, this is what this election is all about, which is why I'm encouraged that both parties are garnering so much support. I hate the politics of UKIP but nothing makes me happier at the moment than seeing the parties of establishment (Tory in England, Labour in Scotland) in such disarray.

In the short term I hope that this will bring forward a fundamental change in the political makeup of the UK and push forward with electoral reform. In the longer term, I'm hoping that the politics of Scotland and the politics of England become further and further polarized, ultimately leading to UKIP (or a party like UKIP) throwing their weight into support for English Independence. With a strong SNP in Scotland, this will eventually lead to the break up of this broken and unworkable union.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please do enlighten me to what is, because right now I'm thinking we don't string everybody up just because some are wrong 'uns.

Are you saying you're unenlightened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you saying you're unenlightened?

I might just have been being a tad facetious....so to return to the question, do we string up everybody just because some are no good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might just have been being a tad facetious....so to return to the question, do we string up everybody just because some are no good?

Sorry but I never said or even suggested that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but I never said or even suggested that.

Sorry but you said we should ask the people of a city what they think about the benefits of immigration because an immigrant has committed a heinous crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but you said we should ask the people of a city what they think about the benefits of immigration because an immigrant has committed a heinous crime.

You've missed out the "stringing everybody up", you've obviously recognised your error.