Katie Price with 5th Child

Comments

• chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Already had 4 pregnancies but didn't notice she was pregnant again....don't believe it

Wonder what traumas this pregnancy will bring after the last 'dramatic' birth
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I know someone (a friend of a friend) who got conceived her second child whilst in hospital recovering from the birth of her first child. :o

True story.

Apart from a slight height difference they are nearly identical and always being mistaken to be twins.

When I spent a week in hospital after the birth of my first child I had more stitches than the Bayeux Tapestry. Just no.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I spent a week in hospital after the birth of my first child I had more stitches than the Bayeux Tapestry. Just no.

I just know some weird people I guess lol.

I never asked for details but hopefully it wasn't on the ward. Then that leaves the bathroom. Both as bad lol.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not everyone has stitches after the birth of a baby ... But I agree a week after having my kids.. Making more was not on my mind
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    [/B]

I had heard that Pwicey had a tummy tuck some time later after having given birth to Jett. :o

If she's really preggers this time, it can't be good for her as we all know she has had several caesareans (sp?) in the past. Oh dear...
    An aunt of mine had all 7 of her children by c-section in the 1950s and 60s. I'm sure medical practice won't have disimproved to a degree that it's not possible to manage multiple sections.

Children born less than a year apart are nicknamed Irish twins.:D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    An aunt of mine had all 7 of her children by c-section in the 1950s and 60s. I'm sure medical practice won't have disimproved to a degree that it's not possible to manage multiple sections.

Children born less than a year apart are nicknamed Irish twins.:D

Ive never understood why there is a limit to c sections a woman can have ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i worked in a school, in a class with a boy who was born in october and his sister who was born in the June (she arrived two months early) the younger one had a number of problems possibly due to being born early. but even if she'd been on time she'd have been in the same class.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never understood why there is a limit to c sections a woman can have ..

The internal scarring makes healing more difficult with every one and can cause problems later on with adhesions etc. My friend was told after her second that she should only consider one more. It didn't bother her, two was more than enough.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    The internal scarring makes healing more difficult with every one and can cause problems later on with adhesions etc. My friend was told after her second that she should only consider one more. It didn't bother her, two was more than enough.

There can also be problems with placenta accreta http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placenta_accreta because the placenta finds it easier to grow into scarring, and rupture of the uterus.
  • midsummernightmidsummernight Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Congratulations are in order!

Whilst there is nothing wrong with having as many kids as one wants, after all it is nobody's affairs but their own, I do worry about the world that kids are born into ... environment, quality of life etc. It has been reported that in a developed Far East country that the kids there have no idea that chickens do not come packed in flat styrofoam wrapped in cling film ....

I digress. Back on topic, further cheer to Ms Katie Price for her ingenuity in another headline grabbing 'announcement'. Her ability to stay in the public eye surely knows no bounds .... no matter how ridiculous or 'insensible' she comes out with it (a bit like the 'stories' in her 'novels' or books) and I believe it is for that that they make the 'headlines'.
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Having already had 4 kids, how do you not know your pregnant. Mind her flagging career will be of no concern with all this child benefit coming in :D
    Surely her being pregnant again can't be true.

because maybe her cycle had not returned a busy mum..can often overlook tiredness and other related issues...maybe she had no symptoms..unless your a mum of four already one being a babe in arms its hard to put yourself in her position

child benefit is hardly a concern for a multi millionaire id imagine

good luck to them if they are happy
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Any excuse to 'discuss' our Pete, dont you know. :D Poor old Pwicey can't have a thread to discuss her new pwegnancy now :(

how nice to mock a impediment of speech...very classy of you
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not everyone has stitches after the birth of a baby ... But I agree a week after having my kids.. Making more was not on my mind

A Man here I was told to keep away for at least 2 months. :D As well as the fact that we were both shattered looking after the little one.

My mum had an aunt and uncle born the same year :o one in Jan the other December.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone (a friend of a friend) who got conceived her second child whilst in hospital recovering from the birth of her first child. :o

True story.

Apart from a slight height difference they are nearly identical and always being mistaken to be twins.

Firstly, ouch! :o

Secondly, messy :o

Oh and to people who don't believe a woman with 4 children can not know she's pregnant, I have a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until she was in labour and she already had 2 children. She had irregular periods anyway and when she put on a bit of weight she was told she had ovarian cysts. When she first went into labour she was told the cysts had burst, until she had this awful realisation that the pain was familiar......:o

ETA just to say something on the actual topic, I am pleased for her and hope it works out with her husband. They can afford to have a large family, so why not go fo it?
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was anyone else, I probably wouldn't question the "surprise" pregnancy. As several posters have attested, it can happen.

It's only because KP has a history of being weird and mysterious about her pregnancies, and exaggerating to create drama and "interest", never mind blatantly lying about many other things.

Maybe she didn't know. Good luck to her anyway. I've got no children, and I couldn't possibly imagine looking after five, let alone with two infants and another with disabilities. I know she can get good help (and the middle two spend time with Father of the Year), but still!
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Firstly, ouch! :o

Secondly, messy :o

Oh and to people who don't believe a woman with 4 children can not know she's pregnant, I have a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until she was in labour and she already had 2 children. She had irregular periods anyway and when she put on a bit of weight she was told she had ovarian cysts. When she first went into labour she was told the cysts had burst, until she had this awful realisation that the pain was familiar......:o

ETA just to say something on the actual topic, I am pleased for her and hope it works out with her husband. They can afford to have a large family, so why not go fo it?

Katie had bloods done and scans on her tummy back in Dec/Jan this year, her being pregnant would of been picked up, she even implied there was something nasty going on in her body at the time, just to fuel the cancer stories, (which is disgusting) so to claim not to have known is rubbish.
    And I agree they do appear happy, just wish she would back off publicly slagging her x's off, if she was so happy would she really need to keep raking old ground. That's the only problem I actually have with her.
    She's a lucky lady, adorable children, man that clearly loves her and she has no money worries, what has she got to moan about. Time to enjoy it and stop looking back :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wow, can't she keep her knickers on for once ^_^
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    j0anne wrote: »
    how nice to mock a impediment of speech...very classy of you

It's not an impediment inflicted on her by mother nature.
    She used to speak just fine till she got the bright white false horsey teeth installed .
    If messing with her mouth for aesthetic purposes causes her to be unable to speak properly then hey-ho , her choice to sound and look stupid and up for comment .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously I wish the baby well, but I am suprised that after such a 'traumatic birth' and 'difficult' pregnancy that she failed to give her body the recommend time to recover.

As she insists on putting her body through endless proceedures, I just wonder how much more it can endure, before something really serious happens!

I doubt that she really didn't know that she was six months pregnant before she found out, as she is not using contraception she would have been screened for pregnancy late last year with her 'hospital dash' and I guess it explains why she didn't mention the cause of the hospital visit and drip again!

A few people did suggest that it may have been down to morning sickness at the time!
  • Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    She was on the cover of a magazine I had last week on her hols, and her belly was tiny.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I recall reading that intercourse soon after childbirth can actually be fatal, an air embolism may enter the bloodstream via the uterus. Sorry for tmi.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member

Not to mention you're bleeding really heavy for a few weeks after:o:o:o
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe she has known for quite a while even if she didn't know she was pregnant at the time of going into hospital for tests, etc. if you have an x-Ray or scan the medic always asks if there is a possibility if you are pregnant. It would have been foolish to lie. So she either went in for a bit of a check up for possible bad morning sickness or genuinely something else but had to tell the medics she was pregnant. In addition to the she also on her recent jollies was covered up or photo taken from a distance
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall reading that intercourse soon after childbirth can actually be fatal, an air embolism may enter the bloodstream via the uterus. Sorry for tmi.

Yes, I've heard that too. Although after having my first, I was badly stitched up and didn't have corrective surgery until nine months later. Poor hubby :o
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really not sure its of any consequence whether KP knew or not.
    Just don't 'get' the debate at all. :confused:

Anyway...........she's not the only one with good news.
    My younger daughter is pregnant too. :D:D
This discussion has been closed.