Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joslyn was miles ahead to take Miss Congeniality, now it's likely Ben will get it. Also it looks like Ben will get a spot in Allstars (although the rumour there is Alaska will be in and certain to win).

I think what annoys me is not so much Ben going this week, but the inconsistency of the judging, and the feeling that Bianca will be bottom 2 next week to give her a "stumble before the final". Then we can go from an ABCD final four, to ABC as Bianca knocks out Darienne. Which sums up this series, one of the greatest queens they've ever had, and it's felt like it was formulaic. :(
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    This is the only season that has felt rigged to me. Ben should have been top 3.

It does feel like adore is being set up for the win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the only season that has felt rigged to me. Ben should have been top 3.

It does feel like adore is being set up for the win.

I think it's been badly edited, and worse, it's turned into RuPaul's school for girls. :p

Bianca has said that this week is a surprise one, which given the elims of Trinity, Joslyn and Dela lead me to think it's either Adore going home (against Bianca), or there's going to be a top 4 final.

So tonight may be... Bianca being funny... Sissy That Walk vid... Darienne being stunned about Ben leaving (which apparently she was)... Adore saying "Oh Eff" before the dress elves turn up to do her outfit... and that moment in every show where we say "Oh right, Courtney is still there". :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a more cheerful note, while I didn't find Alaska that great last year, here's solid gold from her. Alaska interviewing Gia Gunn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywt7YYd82Sk Beware there is language.

Also fashion rucaps with Raja and Raven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM9_0UMz4EE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ergh that was a disappointing episode. No spoilers, but my reactions...

Adore doing Anna Nicole again.
    Bianca doing her long gown again (whhhy oh whhhy didn't she do the gold outfit she was showing in the epi? It looked amazeballs)
    Courtney doing her wide eyed serial killer mannerisms again.
    Darienne doing her big girl wearing sparkly outfit that doesn't hit the ground and shows off she's been wearing the same shoes every week, again.

Edit, one of the finalists is trending worldwide atm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update for s2 of Allstars. Names most mentioned atm, and a possible line up include...

Ongina
    Morgan McMichaels & Tatianna.
    Carmen Carrera, Delta Work & Shangela.
    Phi Phi O'Hara & Willam (I'm praying Jiggly comes back though).
    Alaska TF 5000, Roxxxy Andrews, Detox & Alyssa Edwards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    RuPaul's Drag Race is amazing! I've been a fan since the start and it's so great to have the eps on Netflix now but I wish they put Untucked on there too as it adds that extra dynamic to things.

Seriously hoping Bianca Del Rio steals the crown this season. Fingers crossed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willam going on Allstars 2 could be genius and could be terrible. He doesn't need the show at all in terms of fame - but he is so fricking hilarious it would be classic tv.

I would also love to see him interact with Alaska and Alyssa.

Jiggly would be amazing "Where the f^&* are my tits?" is one of my favourite Drag Race lines.

I do think if Alaska goes back, she would win. Having watched season 5 again, it was a travesty she never won in the first place - Monsoon is bloody annoying in hindsight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »
    Willam going on Allstars 2 could be genius and could be terrible. He doesn't need the show at all in terms of fame - but he is so fricking hilarious it would be classic tv.

I would also love to see him interact with Alaska and Alyssa.

Jiggly would be amazing "Where the f^&* are my tits?" is one of my favourite Drag Race lines.

I do think if Alaska goes back, she would win. Having watched season 5 again, it was a travesty she never won in the first place - Monsoon is bloody annoying in hindsight

Willam was apparently peed that he wasn't invited back for the first allstars, so might do the 2nd one, esp as he's friends with Detox, and the chance to have another go at Phi Phi would be there. :D

I think Alaska suffered from being Sharon's boyfriend. Maybe if she'd gone in a couple of seasons later...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willam is very vocal however on his tumblr (which is a hilarious read) on how much he wants to distance himself from RPDR so I doubt he will come back.
    If anyone wants a laugh you should watch his "Willam's Beatdown" on YouTube. Hilarious!
    Forum Member
    Blah123 wrote: »
    Willam is very vocal however on his tumblr (which is a hilarious read) on how much he wants to distance himself from RPDR so I doubt he will come back.
    If anyone wants a laugh you should watch his "Willam's Beatdown" on YouTube. Hilarious!

I have seen all his beatdown episodes. I cried laughing
    Forum Member
    I think Adore is going to win. I really want Bianca to win though. They've already filmed the reunion episode so they must know who's won
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willam is very candid about what went on behind the scenes at RPDR. I'm a sucker for backstage gossip, so I loved hearing all the titbits. Apparently Willam was asked to do All Stars but at the last minute the producers told him he wasn't needed because they claimed he wouldn't be a good 'fit' with the other queens. There is also speculation that his DQ was set up to happen that way, as he had important gigs coming up, therefore he could be on the show and still do those gigs. I don't know how much of the truth is being stretched but I enjoy the intrigue all the same!

I'm Team Bianca all the way. If she doesn't win it'll be a travesty! But if she doesn't, then I'd rather see Adore win than robotic Stepford Courtney.
    Apparently they filmed four different endings at the reunion taping. Each one of the girls got crowned and then they did a split win with Bianca and Adore. Firstly, I'm not at all comfortable with that outcome. It feels like a cheat if I'm honest. And secondly, how horrible for Courtney. It's a big slap in the face saying you're not likely to win sweetie!
    Forum Member
    If that spoiler is true I will not be happy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so excited for the final.

If Adore wins, I'll be disappointed, but not shocked. She's easily moldable into a brand ambassador. Plus Bianca in a future Allstars = double win for the show.

Bianca IMO deserves to win, she's one of the very few this series that could've gone head to head with great queens from past years.

Courtney, I'll be shocked tbh. I don't know if it's the editing, I have nothing bad to say about her at all, but I also have nothing good to say either, she's really been nothing more than good looks and a positive attitude.

I've just rewatched the season again in preparation, and now I regret everything I thought/ said about Laganja, I think she deserved a top 3 spot for sheer inspired insanity. :D
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited for the final.

If Adore wins, I'll be disappointed, but not shocked. She's easily moldable into a brand ambassador. Plus Bianca in a future Allstars = double win for the show.

Bianca IMO deserves to win, she's one of the very few this series that could've gone head to head with great queens from past years.

Courtney, I'll be shocked tbh. I don't know if it's the editing, I have nothing bad to say about her at all, but I also have nothing good to say either, she's really been nothing more than good looks and a positive attitude.

I've just rewatched the season again in preparation, and now I regret everything I thought/ said about Laganja, I think she deserved a top 3 spot for sheer inspired insanity. :D

Yaaaaaaas gawd
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on season six re-watch!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to get in the mood, Alyssa doing the warm up at the reunion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uBNF3r19fo

And Alaska's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12e154YB-Hc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alaska was woeful there. LOVED Alyssa though.

I wouldn't mind Adore winning tbh - Courtney hasn't won I don' think. Although I would have put money on her winning when it started!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damiana Garcia quick red carpet interviews with the Queens, starting with Magnolia, so you can check out their red carpet looks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMiMwdP1iV0&list=PLi39gDBkxmloxE8FVhcfKptAJjOzEpVRt&index=1 (in case anybody didn't see this).

April & Milk look amazing IMO. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the live final so nah nah nah I know who won.

Total spoiler so don't look if you don't want to know
    YAYS happy dance time (go watch it, I can't bring myself to spoil it)
    Forum Member
    I was trying to avoid spoilers but it was the first thing I saw on Facebook this morning lol

I'm happy with the result. Not happy with Miss Congeniality though
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy! Best winner there ever was, or will be!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was trying to avoid spoilers but it was the first thing I saw on Facebook this morning lol

I'm happy with the result. Not happy with Miss Congeniality though

I hate to say it, but I agree. It's rare that a Queen makes me change my opinion in the finale *cough* Jinkx Monsoon *cough*, but watching it I could see how much the rest of the girls had grown from their experience, but we still had week 1 Dela. Not that it was a bad thing but if the happiness is the act then does she really deserve the MC?

Plus it felt like they were throwing Joslyn a bone with the wedding, like someone somewhere thought it would be a great idea to do, so people couldn't complain about how Joslyn got robbed. ;-)

On a better note, the dancers with the Ornacia heads, serving Ornacia face realness. Miss Thing could win Allstars 2 if they let the public vote. :D
  • BazaramaBazarama Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Anyone have a link/details where I can get the finale?

I'm with Virgin, so most sites are blocked. Have one site I can access and use but...typical...finale night and no one has shared it yet arghhhhhhhh!