Celebrity MasterChef 2014

1868788899092»

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, you know her then?

She did seem remarkably 'normal' during the short biography at the start of the programme which does make me wonder again if she did play up the 'ditzy', she is after all an actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For once I didn't mind who won, they all seemed good, and got on well together. But as we are told "there can only be one winner" - well done Sophie. :)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Glad Sophie won!

Her, Charley and Amanda made this series for me.

I'm so glad Jodie didn't win, she annoyed me most weeks :p
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at how most contestants are at the start, nobody is telling me they turn into anything like real chefs. It's not as if they are sent on a cookery course so how is it they are producing little towers of this, deconstructed versions of that. fancy sauces etc etc by the end? The answer is that over the period the episodes are filmed, they practice set dishes at home like mad - probably with advice from more clued up friends - perhaps even professionals. It's the cookery version of painting by numbers though of course some have more natural skill than others.
    It's brave of them to do it though and Charley Boorman is a favourite of mine.
  • GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at how most contestants are at the start, nobody is telling me they turn into anything like real chefs. It's not as if they are sent on a cookery course so how is it they are producing little towers of this, deconstructed versions of that. fancy sauces etc etc by the end? .

Yes, I agree. I don't think they leave their families as they do in Masterchef Australia. The winners go home and practice/design new dishes.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »

Oh god Gregg on Strictly is a prospect that makes me feel quite queasy!!!!

Yes not sure I'm ready for Greg in a black transparent shirt slashed to the waist! :eek: Anyway - have really enjoyed reading through the thread as much as the series - the best so far I thought. I think now they are deliberately making sure we get the entertainment value, as that combined with the inevitable catastrophe makes for good TV. However, like the John Sergeants and Anne Widdicombes, there's a time to vote them out! Another that would like Millie to have gone further. Sophie was a worthy winner - I wanted to reach in the telly and try her food!
  • sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first time I have watched Masterchef, in any format and it was absolutely fantastic. I loved all 3 finalists and the last 4 eps I kept changing my mind over who I wanted to win but after the final ep I was really really pleased for Sophie. A great series. My only issue was Millie leaving so early. I found her quite smug and that annoyed me but she seemed to be very good at what she did do. Also I would have liked to see Amanda in the final 4. Look forward to the next series!
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that Sophie seems to be acting a part.

Do you? Really? I don't think anyone else does.
    k9fan wrote: »
    :confused::)

Their father wrote the Magic Roundabout, I think, and their mother is a good actress.
    Sophie was in Four Weddings and a Funeral, and East Enders.
    :)

She was also in 'Emma'. Brilliant.
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    They're all so lovely. I think I'm going to be happy whoever wins really, although there's something about Sophie that makes me want to see her face if she picks up the crown. She's just so humble. I like seeing humble people do well.

Me too. I loved her. I loved Ade Edmondson last time as well.
    The sky is bright red here. I'm expecting Ming the Merciless to knock on my door.

I'm on tenterhooks - did he???? :)
    spike08 wrote: »
    It's a shame only 1 can win they all seem very nice and friendly with each other.

I thought that. They all seemed really close and lovely with each other!
    Yay for Sophie - I shall look out for her on the streets of North London parading round naked with the trophy round her neck :D

I know! I bet the community around there is agog with anticipation!
    Andagha wrote: »
    I'm glad Sophie won, but the other two weren't too bad either. And first year I actually wanted one of them to win as I like them all..

I loved this year's finalists. They were all so brilliant and nice.
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    So pleased Sophie won, but what a top trio of finalists. Very enjoyable series.

She is a total sweetheart and so gifted.

Absolutely - agree with everything!
    Great final, so pleased for Sophie. She is bonkers but in an absolutely lovely way.

Well done to Jodie and Charley too, both did really well.

It turned out to be a great series in the end.

It certainly did. I love Sophie too. I want to live next door to her!
    Cressida wrote: »
    They were all a pleasure to watch and made for an enjoyable series. All three were charming and genuinely seemed fond of each other so well done to all of them and especially to Sophie for winning.

Absolutely. Congratulations, Sophie and also to Charlie and Jodie - you made the final well worth anticipating and watching!
    They were all good, but they'd marked Sophie as the winner from the beginning. She annoyed me with that put on ditzy manner, but hey ho Greg and John liked her.

Really? 'Put on'? You have proof of this or is this just projection?
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    all 3 were great but Sophie edged it , i was also rooting for sophie quite early on.
    Her 3 final dishes looks incredible.

They did. I agree.
    So, you know her then?

I quite agree. It irritates me when someone claims someone's manner is 'put on' or they're 'false' or 'smug'. It's self-projection. Unless you actually know someone well, then you cannot possibly claim this. I think it's because people take a dislike to someone or prefer someone else and thus HAVE to find some flaw with the one that they have decided they don't like in order to justify their feelings.

Anyway, Congratulations, Sophie - well deserved and I rooted for her all the way through (although Jodie and Charlie were also favourites of mine!). That's the third series where the one I have wanted to win did so! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were all good, but they'd marked Sophie as the winner from the beginning. She annoyed me with that put on ditzy manner, but hey ho Greg and John liked her.

I think she genuinely inherits it from her mother. Hey ho, I liked her too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSL8Hory6u8
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sophie was the obvious winner. I've loved her since the beginning. I would've been happy if the other two won as I liked them both but I would've thought that the best person didn't win.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very glad Sophie won, I liked the other two but she was outstanding and adorable.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the final now I'm back off my holidays ....Right person won, loved all three of them though