Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
edited 22/03/18 - 10:24 in Showbiz #1
I have not really met any celebrities myself apart from local radio djs and stuff who will mean nothing to most people but friends and family have met the following celebrities and this is what they thought of them:

Nice:
David Beckham
Sir Alex Fergusson (this came from my dad who is a Liverpool fan so he must be a genuinly nice man)
Steven Gerrard
Wayne Rooney
John Mills (grandparents met him many years ago and said he was very down to earth and not at all stuck up spoke to everyone)

Not Nice
Yvette Fielding. Apparently she is a bit of a cow to work for on Most Haunted. Why do you think the other people on the show don't stick around very long? Allegedly she got rid of Derek Acorah not because he was a fake but because she thought he was becoming the star of the show- Derek on the other hand is meant to be a nice man.

Any more stories like this?

Comments

• JaxxfanJaxxfan Posts: 1,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was chatting to Robson Green at a barbecue a few years ago and I'd avoid him like the plague if I ever saw him again. He was totally up himself and took no interest in what anyone else was saying. What a knobhead and a bore :yawn:

BTW, I'm 5ft 7 and I towered over him. Small man syndrome?
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    desmond from desmonds was lovely
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxxfan wrote: »
    I was chatting to Robson Green at a barbecue a few years ago and I'd avoid him like the plague if I ever saw him again. He was totally up himself and took no interest in what anyone else was saying. What a knobhead and a bore :yawn:

BTW, I'm 5ft 7 and I towered over him. Small man syndrome?

Robson Green has always struck me as being a bit up how own behind and ive never even met him
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Geoff Capes was a horrible nasty man.As was Robbie Coltrane.Alan Shearer is a gent and so is Peter Beardsley.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Joanna Lumney, Jan Francis & Barry Mcgwigan ( soz if spelt wrong )
    Joanna & Jan were really lovely. Barry was looking for a pressy for wife in the reduced section lol. I also stood at the cashpoint and one of the duo Reeves & Mortimer ( the one with glasses) came and pushed in front of me. I wasn't impressed at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I spent last Wednesday evening with Jamie Theakston and Harriet Scott (Heart fm breakfast) at the television awards, as I won a comp to sit with them in their box. They were both lovely.

Nigel Harman - met a couple of times. He is very nice

Richard and Lea from BB7. Won comp to go in limo with them to opening of celebrity Big Brother Hijack in January. Very friendly and chatty

Dermot O'Leary - met a few times and always talks to his fans

Louis Walsh and Danni Minogue came to speak to us when won VIP tkts to X Factor last yr. Nice of them to do that

Ben Shepherd at a MIchael Buble Magic radio event was friendly but his wife was not. She didn't want us to have photo taken with him. Ben happily posed for photo with us.

I've met loads of others who have all been friendly.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    I work for quite a few, and they always surprise me. I do find the relatively anonymous PLC directors and CEOs to be, in general, more polite, but a fair few celebs are nice. Peter Andre surprised me, Jordan sadly did not. Salomon Kalou was great, as was his girlfriend. Another black chelsea player I could mention, was unspeakable, but his apparently oikish girlfriend was actually rather charming. And as pretty in real life as on your TV. Burton and Bonham Carter, odd but nice.
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicest one I've ever met was Paul Whitehouse, without question. He could be a contender for Most Decent Bloke in the UK, frankly, not just in the celeb world.

Robbie Coltrane was good fun too. No really nasty ones, just those who were having a bad day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely
    suzanne shaw - the nicest, warmest, funniest and most down to earth celeb you could meet and thats why i get annoyed at some threads on here.
    Likewise myleene klass is also extremely friendly and very normal yet again takes a slagging on here...
    Leo Di Caprio - nice bloke, surprisely tall, i thought he'd be tiny...
    Connie Fisher - really friendly

not nice, cate blancett, completely up her own a*se
    Danni minogue - horrendous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Timmy Mallett when I was a youngster - and he was utterly, utterly horrid.

Michaela Strachan from children' tv and Countryfile - she was absolutely wonderful, very down to earth and normal and spent half an hour chatting to me.

Fred 'the weatherman' Talbot - a real gent, posed for photos with us all and was very nice to talk to, and seemed a very pleasant man.

Toby Anstiss, again, another gent - spent ages chatting to me and my friends - gave autographs and was very friendly and charming.

Peter Kay, was ok -friendly enough - but was getting hassled by everyone in town so was a bit distracted

Sue Johnston - a lovely, friendly lady who had time for everyone - not the least bit up herself.

Bill Bailey, met him in Keswick - we had matching kagoules on lol - again, a very nice bloke
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice people I have met:

Stephen Fry
    Graham Norton
    Richard Whiteley
    Charlie Higson
    Julie Hesmondhalgh and Ian Kershaw
    Will Young

Not so nice one:
    Ronnie O'Sullivan who was unnecessarily rude to my son when he asked for his autograph
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw Nick Cave in Waitrose in Brighton on Sunday afternoon.
    (He's not hard to miss:p).
    He was shopping with two of his kids.. very nice man
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I meet so many celebs in my line of work, and here is my opinions.
    Nice
    Jeremy Beadle was lovely
    Simon Cowell is gorgeous
    Sue Johnston is so down to earth she could be your auntie
    Paul O'Grady is great too.
    Dale Winton is lovely too.

Horrible
    Barbara Windsor is dreadful
    Cilla Black is even worse
    Davina McCall - need I say more
    Jordan
    Agree about Ronnie O'Sullivan too - he's nasty and rude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Oh and I forgot, Trevor Eve could charm the knickers off a nun - he's gorgeous and a lovely man.
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of jobs do you people who meet celebs in your line of work do?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miss_chaos wrote: »

Louis Walsh and Danni Minogue came to speak to us when won VIP tkts to X Factor last yr. Nice of them to do that

We met Louis Walsh when we were at a wedding in Dublin a few years back. It was in the Four Seasons Hotel (his local apparently).

He was really friendly. My OH was in full Highland dress and Louis was like 'wow, what's all this then?'. He was really interested.

I think Louis's lovely! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I've never met any nasty celebs. The nice ones I've met are:

Lorna Luft
    Ken Kercheval
    Lorraine Chase
    Patricia Hodge
    Craig McLachlan
    Jon Voigt
    Stevie Nicks
    Sheryl Crow
    Lindsey Buckingham
    Mick Fleetwood
    Peter Green
    Brian Wilson (not really on this planet!)
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »
    What sort of jobs do you people who meet celebs in your line of work do?

My best friend has membership of somewhere where lots of celebs go.... mostly actors, and I go with her sometimes. The nicest one I've ever met was Robert Carlyle..... a real sweety and totally gorgeous. I haven't had any bad experiences with any of them. Billy Connolly & Debbie Harry were both really nice too..... and my fave, Boy George.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in research and that sometimes involves working in the media including TV, radio and newspapers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anthony Hopkins

Gorgeous, warm charming down to earth - wanted him to be my dad!:)
  • davlaurdavlaur Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Has anyone ever met David Paisley actor of Tinsel Town and Holby City/Casualty Fame ????????? He is currently starring in Scottish soap River City !!!:)
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met quite a few celebs at stage doors and various conventions/fan events and film premieres and feel lucky that I've not met anyone who could be considered "mean" (although I find Morgan Freeman's hands-off attitude toward fans disappointing...if you ever see him, don't expect more than a wave). But ones who really stood out as going the extra mile for fans:

Johnny Depp
    Jack Nicholson
    Kate Winslet
    John Barrowman
    Catherine Tate
    Philip Glenister
    Eve Myles
    Christian Bale

I want to give gold stars to Winslet and Nicholson becase it was a December when I met Winslet and a January when I met Nicholson. It was absolutely freezing but they still stayed outside signed autographs for ages. :)
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    ^^ Viggo Mortensen's like that too. He makes time for absolutely everyone. Nice guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    ^^ Viggo Mortensen's like that too. He makes time for absolutely everyone. Nice guy.

I would love Viggo to make time for me!:p
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »

Tom Cruise as well. Whatever you feel about the guy, he is really lovely to his fans and spends hours with them.

I hear Will Smith and Matt Damon are also great.