Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    So did I, when he was Sharpe , so I could hardly believe it when I saw the photo.
    He really has gone down hill.
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midge Ure - though he wasn't in Ultravox when they sung my fave..the wild,beautiful and the damned

Oops ,conversation killer :D
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Donovan was exceptionally rude when I met him at a radio station last year. I was there as part of my Uni course and he came in for an interview- not only did his press agent forward a ridiculously long list to our production team regarding questions they weren't allowed to ask, he also rang ahead to cancel a meet and greet with some of his "superfans" (most of whom had been waiting at the station for a very long time)

Came into the studio in giant sunglasses and a hat. Didn't smile or talk to anyone until he went on air when, surprise surprise, he became Mr Personality.

Don't suppose you can reveal any of the no no questions, can you?

Did any involve a previous relationship with a certain former co star?

A certain court case involving a now defunct magazine & his private life?
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweepydog wrote: »
    I can not make up my mind whether he is nice or has major anger issues...has any one met him ?

Who are you talking about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I've met quite a few celebrities and fortunately they have all been lovely:

Bruce Dickinson - did his Flight 666 simulator trip. Really down to earth and a complete gentleman.
    America Ferrera - absolutely lovely, and very, very tiny.
    John Barrowman - really lovely and took time to sign autographs and pose for photos.
    Adam Garcia - really lovely.
    Peter Egan and Robert Daws - met them after a play, were really fun.
    Darius Campbell - a really nice person.
    David Suchet - just like Poirot, an absolute gentleman.
    Marshall Lancaster - very quiet, but lovely.
    Dame Judi Dench - sooo patient with everyone, again so tiny in real life.
    The whole cast of Mrs Brown - met them at BBC Scotland after a show recording. They are so brilliant and posed with everyone for photos, plenty of kisses and cuddles. They are so down to earth.
    Nick Knowles - very down to earth, hates stuck up "stars".

As I say I have been very lucky, a friend however has met a few "horrors".

Michael Crawford - lovely when he was doing Barnum, since then has got a very up himself.
    Lesley Joseph - nightmare.
    Cliff Richard - awful.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago I met John Cleese during a work function. He was really rude and totally up his own a*se. Only wanted to talk to the "top people" and actually turned his back on me when I said hello. I wasn't being star-struck, but my job was PA to the Director, so I was greeting him as I would anyone else. Really obnoxious man.

Met Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the height of their Fame - just after Relax and Two Tribes had been number one. They came to my school after our class invited them in to do an interview for our school magazine (we found out what hotel they were staying in and contacted them). They were great, answered all our questions and had photos taken with all of us. They were only in the area for a couple of days, but happily gave up a couple of hours for us. The only one who didn't come was Holly Johnson who was hungover apparently!

I also met Joey Barton as he was getting on the team coach after a match. Even though they'd lost, he got out and signed autographs when the fans (of the team who beat them!) called his name. He had a photo taken with my son, so I'm a fan now - despite the reputation!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Met Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the height of their Fame - just after Relax and Two Tribes had been number one. They came to my school after our class invited them in to do an interview for our school magazine

That couldn't happen nowadays! There would be uproar from parents over the supposed filth of "Relax"!
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice- Dennis Waterman, Alun Armstrong and Amanda Redman, Anthony Calf. Larry Hagman.

Nasty - James Bolam, Brian Kirkwood and Dale Winton. Matt Baker and Christine Irish bint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice- Dennis Waterman, Alun Armstrong and Amanda Redman, Anthony Calf. Larry Hagman.

Nasty - James Bolam, Brian Kirkwood and Dale Winton. Matt Baker and Christine Irish bint.

Suppose we'd better add Bolam to the Cilla & Lulu list too?

Does anyone have a good word for Bolam?
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend has met Larry Hagman - said he was incredibly friendly, just a lovely, lovely guy.

He also met Bill Clinton. Said he was very charismatic, very charming and very nice.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does not surprise me about Christine. She loves herself.
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does surprise me about Matt Baker,:cry:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not me. He was obviously fuming when he didn't win Strictly Come Dancing, I prefer Chris Evans on The One Show anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me. He was obviously fuming when he didn't win Strictly Come Dancing, I prefer Chris Evans on The One Show anyway.

Me either. He reminds me of someone I used to sh@g. He was an awful individual too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Yes he once saved my cat when it was stuck up a tree
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Yes I'm aware of a child actor who worked closely with him and said he was a great bloke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not me. He's always come across as an up-himself little snit whenever I've had the misfortune to catch the One Show.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    Me either. He reminds me of someone I used to sh@g. He was an awful individual too.

It begs the question of why you'd do it with someone you disliked so much really!
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone ever met Jennifer Aniston? i LOVE LOVE LOVE her and met at the horrible bosses premiere last year in july and she was so lovely and she gave me a hug! :D

has anyone else ever had an experience with her or heard anything?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    Yes I'm aware of a child actor who worked closely with him and said he was a great bloke.

Must be just Rodney Bewes & 'Likely Lads' fans he cant stand then! LOL
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    has anyone ever met Jennifer Aniston? i LOVE LOVE LOVE her and met at the horrible bosses premiere last year in july and she was so lovely and she gave me a hug! :D

has anyone else ever had an experience with her or heard anything?

I'm so glad to hear that. I've always thought she seemed nice.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrities I've met who were absolutely lovely too me:

Marcia Cross (Bree from Desperate Housewives) - She's so classy in real life it's unreal. She's actually like Bree. She was lovely and told me I have lovely skin. Absolute sweetheart and was chatting to us for over an hour.

Nicole Scherzinger - She's classy and fabulous and told me I could be an honnorary doll.

Anastacia - Glasgow X Factor auditions. Her car was about to drive off and she made the driver stop so she could get in photo's with us.

Samantha Brick - People think she's horrid because of her article, she was so warm to me. Explained the whole thing to me and I agree with her. But she made us all feel warm and welcome and she even bought us a cup of coffee.

Deana off Big Brother - Again, classy and fabulous. She told us about how she was bullied at school and she stood up for herself. So lovely, I'd love to meet her again. Got such an amazing energy off her.

Nasty Celebs I've met:

Conor off Big Brother - Walked passed us all and told a fan he won't get a picture with her because she said Deana was sweet and that he has 50k so he's too good for it.

Dawn Fresh - Oh, what an absolute monster.

JLS - 'We haven't got the time for you, we're going for dinner.'

Jacquie McQueen off Hollyoaks - Don't know her name in real life and I don't want to. Said hello to her and she gave me a dirty look. So I said back 'Eee, why've you got a face like a smacked arse?!' and she didn't know what to say.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Samantha Brick - People think she's horrid because of her article, she was so warm to me. Explained the whole thing to me and I agree with her. But she made us all feel warm and welcome and she even bought us a cup of coffee.

I don't think she's horrid, just rather deluded. She seems to have the idea that she is exceptionally beautiful, and like almost everyone else, I don't see it. I'd love to know what she explained; were her articles written as spoofs?
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well i better not tell you about my experience this year,

Bolam is a pure c-word, hated in and outwith the acting profession yet still gets work.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

Nasty Celebs I've met:

JLS - 'We haven't got the time for you, we're going for dinner.'

Jacquie McQueen off Hollyoaks - Don't know her name in real life and I don't want to. Said hello to her and she gave me a dirty look. So I said back 'Eee, why've you got a face like a smacked arse?!' and she didn't know what to say.

I don't think being busy on a way to dinner, and not having time for fans makes someone nasty, though.

Also, Maybe Jacquie McQueen didn't hear your "hello" and actually gave you a questioning look? I've hear reports about her, that she is actually quite lovely.