• TbellTbell Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Hughie Green died years ago.
  • STEWPOT01STEWPOT01 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Tbell wrote: »
    Hughie Green died years ago.

???

I was referring to my friend, NOT Hughie Green, and at no point did I make it appear so. Why don't some people read things thoroughly before answering?
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,007
    Forum Member
    Semillion wrote: »
    My parents won a trip to New York in 1978 and stayed at the swish Carlyle Hotel and witnessed up close Danny Kaye being deeply unpleasant to a male front desk receptionist. Dad was shattered as he'd always loved Kaye's films.
    My dad worked at a large central Liverpool Hotel years ago (a really, really long time ago) and came into contact with him. From what dad told us - I'm not surprised by your post.
  • TbellTbell Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I apologise, SREWPOT01. I misunderstood your post. It happens sometimes - sorry that it's clearly angered you.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbell wrote: »
    I apologise, SREWPOT01. .
    Do you mean that most sincerely? ;-)
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago a friend of mines sister who was a huge cricket fan was in the final stages of terminal cancer. One of her mates was on a cricket tour abroad following the England team at the time and met Freddie Flintock (playing) and Ian Botham (commentating) in a bar. When he told them of her situation they immediately got her phone number and called. Apparently they were both just lovely and spent 15 to 20 minutes talking to her. I know from my friend that this simple phone call made such a difference to her, it literally shone a ray of light at time when there only seemed to be darkness and her family still talk about it now.

It does frustrate me when you hear about celebrities that are total tossers in real life. They fail to understand what a gift they have been given and how easily they can make such a positive affect on people's lives.
  • casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't met any celebs myself, but my Dad has met Joanna Lumley a few times and said she's the nicest woman he's ever met, and my friend met Daniel Radcliffe last year when he was doing a play in London (can't remember the name of it) and said he's a really lovely man.
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone told me last week that Justin Fletcher, aka Mr Tumble is a terrible diva (this will only mean something to parents with toddlers-sorry)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I'd want to meet any of celebs I like as it would colour how I see them on screen if they're scumbags
    Anyone met Bradley Walsh/ Clare Calbraith/any of Brookside or Heartbeat cast
    I met Jenna Coleman after the theatre in the pub. She was pleasant and had pic taken. She even laughed when I said she was wanted for murder in Emmerdale!
  • tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I bumped into Gabriella Cilmi in London a few years ago - she was genuinely nice and friendly. No hesistations about stopping for a chat and taking a few pics

Vin Diesel completely ignored me when I wanted an autograph because I didn't have a photo of him to sign - I just had an autograph book.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkshire2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd want to meet any of celebs I like as it would colour how I see them on screen if they're scumbags
    Anyone met Bradley Walsh/ Clare Calbraith/any of Brookside or Heartbeat cast
    I met Jenna Coleman after the theatre in the pub. She was pleasant and had pic taken. She even laughed when I said she was wanted for murder in Emmerdale!

My sister worked with Bradley Walsh at STV doing Wheel of Fortune,
    top bloke. I think he has a great sense of humour, he cracks me up :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    Someone told me last week that Justin Fletcher, aka Mr Tumble is a terrible diva (this will only mean something to parents with toddlers-sorry)

Awww really! He comes across as such a lovely man. Disappointed
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as that's all he is!
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow.drop wrote: »
    Awww really! He comes across as such a lovely man. Disappointed

I've met Justin fletcher a couple of times and he was lovely both times, really polite and chatty couldn't thank everyone enough for waiting to see him and chatted with all the kids that were excited to see him
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Justin fletcher a couple of times and he was lovely both times, really polite and chatty couldn't thank everyone enough for waiting to see him and chatted with all the kids that were excited to see him

Someone I know is very good friends with someone in children's tv and it's with his peers he's like this apparently, especially at awards shows. Apparently seems to think he's better than everyone else. No idea if this is just perception though
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Valerian wrote: »

:) I am so relieved to hear that. I would have been so disappointed if he wasn't very nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    dekaf wrote: »
    :) I am so relieved to hear that. I would have been so disappointed if he wasn't very nice.

He does seem person you could have a pint with
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    td1983 wrote: »
    I guess it's a north-south thing, southerners just don't understand we northerner's need to be more open and personable, I guess.

Generalise much?
  • Robbo222Robbo222 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    bump!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valerian wrote: »

Yes, my friend was on The Chase, had nothing but good to say about him.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,181
    Forum Member
    From a friend who did an advert with George Cole.

He was quiet, but very professional. Didn't really talk much unless you approached him. Gave polite one-line answers to questions, but didn't really instigate any conversation. He seemed happier when talking about the people he had worked with in his older career (50s) than Arthur Daley etc. But a very easy bloke to work with due to his professionalism.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard Jennifer Lopez is a total diva and is terrible when she appears on television, demanding the earth and shouting at staff.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Joanna Lumley, Bernard Cribbins and Derek Jacobi yesterday and they were all lovely.
  • annelieseanneliese Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Janick Gers (guitarist from Iron Maiden) this weekend doing his shopping in local shopping centre, was a gentlemen and happy to stop for a handshake :)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    I met Joanna Lumley, Bernard Cribbins and Derek Jacobi yesterday and they were all lovely.

I am a) not suprised, fan of all three for various things and b) rather jealous. ;-)