Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Imogen M wrote: »
    I've met quite a few celebs at stage doors and various conventions/fan events and film premieres and feel lucky that I've not met anyone who could be considered "mean" (although I find Morgan Freeman's hands-off attitude toward fans disappointing...if you ever see him, don't expect more than a wave). But ones who really stood out as going the extra mile for fans:

Johnny Depp
    Jack Nicholson
    Kate Winslet
    John Barrowman
    Catherine Tate
    Philip Glenister
    Eve Myles
    Christian Bale

I want to give gold stars to Winslet and Nicholson becase it was a December when I met Winslet and a January when I met Nicholson. It was absolutely freezing but they still stayed outside signed autographs for ages. :)

Never met John Barrowman but been in his Cardiff apartment! Even sat on his loo :p
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never met John Barrowman but been in his Cardiff apartment! Even sat on his loo :p

How'd you manage that? :p:D
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    laur_od wrote: »
    Lovely
    suzanne shaw - the nicest, warmest, funniest and most down to earth celeb you could meet and thats why i get annoyed at some threads on here.
    Likewise myleene klass is also extremely friendly and very normal yet again takes a slagging on here...
    Leo Di Caprio - nice bloke, surprisely tall, i thought he'd be tiny...
    Connie Fisher - really friendly

not nice, cate blancett, completely up her own a*se
    Danni minogue - horrendous

My OH has met Cate a few times and she was so unstarry he didn't even realise she was a celebrity.

My friend has worked with Danni and really likes her.
    Forum Member
    Imogen M wrote: »
    How'd you manage that? :p:D

A good friend of mine was staying at his place
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met John Peel in the toilets at the Le Mans 24 hour race. He was a delight.

Shaking his hand seemed a bit inappropriate!
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member

A friend of mine got the runs in Max Beesley's trailor a few years back. Poor Max when he came back and smelled that! :D
    Forum Member
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    A friend of mine got the runs in Max Beesley's trailor a few years back. Poor Max when he came back and smelled that! :D

:D I only had a tinkle! :p
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vic Reeves is a miserable bastard. He stops being a 'funny' idiot once he's off the TV and becomes a just plain rude, sulky idiot.

Nigel from Eastenders was doing visits when I was in hospital as a kid, I remember cherishing my signed photo for long afterwards! Oh and me and a friend got into a fight in the queue to meet Matthew Kelly who was there filming a You Bet! challenge the same day we were on a school trip to Crystal Palace Sports Centre. The man had a very strong handshake, that's about all I remember!! Again, when I was a kid.
    Forum Member
    :D I only had a tinkle! :p

Be thankful you didn't get the runs then!! My poor friend! Talking of Max Beesley, he's a nice guy too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    i met karen henthorn (theresa corrie) on holiday drinking cocktails together and she is one of the nicest funniest people iv met
    coleen nolen was lovely as was shane richie
    ray from scouting for girls and sandi thom are also really friendly and seemed nice people , also met marlon dingle he seemed alright to
    Forum Member
    I also met Julie Goodyear recently in the green room at Loose Women. Didn't talk to her much though. I hear she's a bit of a dragon but she seemed ok
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »
    What sort of jobs do you people who meet celebs in your line of work do?

I sell and install home entertainment systems, ie music distribution, Tvs left right and centre, which clearly explains the footballers, LOL! In truth most of my customers are folks you've never heard of, they are usually in financial services. Stangely even in the climate today, they still are.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Peter Crouch before he really hit the Premier League big time, he was lovely, but I felt his height made him a little self conscious. He had to keep bowing down to talk to the people in the room, but he was lovely.

I met Alan & Merrill Osmond back in the 80s and they were every bit as lovely as I'd spent years dreaming they were!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen late one night last August, both were friendly and polite, though I embarrassingly didn't realise it was Viggo until he spoke :o
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »

Good Grief:D:D:D:D:D:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danni might be fine to work with when i was around her she told everyone even the staff to speak to the minder and not danni, the minder also announced this, she was rude to absolutely everyone the whole time and had absolutely no reason to be... from my own personal experience she was just awful, and thats twice now in close proximity for a long period of time, your friend might like her but i certainly dont!
    also cant comment on what your mate thought of cate blancett but she was dreadful to us and had no reason to be, she was just really unnecessarily ars*y...
  • .Kooky..Kooky. Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my friends kind of met The Feeling in Oxford Street HMV last February (they were promoting their album and were signing them for everyone!) Me and my friend hadn't bought that album so asked them if they would sign our t-shirts.. and they did! :D So they certainly weren't all high and mighty and like "oh you should have bought our album!"

They were really cool hehe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    Haven't met a lot of celebs but stand out nice ones for me are

Dave Grohl (but hardly unexpected - his 'nicest man in rock' title is well deserved, even if a little tedious)

and Lemmy! Wasn't sure what to expect with him, didn't think he'd be rude but perhaps a bit stand-offish.
    But he was absolutely lovely! Really nice, friendly guy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla is foul, superior and loses all trace of her accent behind the scenes. Vile woman!

Julie Walters was kind, gracious and very down-to-earth. A lovely person.
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicest Ive met is Russell Crowe - who everyone expects to be a grumpy and aggressive knob and was actually charming, funny and drop dead handsome ;) .

Most celebs Ive ever met have been lovely, with the exception of...

Esther Rantzen - did a film shoot based where I was working once. Sat with a face like a sucked lemon the entire time. Spoke to no-one not even the crew! Someone just prodded her when she was due on air!

Bob Geldof - trod on my toe at a Frankie Goes To Hollywood (showin my age :D) gig back in the 80s and never apologised - hated the man ever since :D .

Prince Charles - looked at everyone like we were peasants (which we probably are to him). Didnt warm to him at all.

Dh saw a heavily pregnant Kate Thornton in our Asdas the other week and got a glare when he smiled at her!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I met Katherine Jenkins once and she was one of the most genuine, lovely, down to earth women I've met. She posed for pictures and spoke to us she seemed to really care. Mel C, Rio Ferdinand and Holly Willoughby are all really nice as well.

Cheryl Cole was a bit moody when I met her but I think she was in a rush.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    soapdiva wrote: »

Horrible
    Barbara Windsor is dreadful

Hmm, interesting. I ended up sat next to Barbara Windsor in the Bristol Hipperdrome to watch Lily Savage in panto. Barbara was wonderful. so friendly and kind to people in the interval.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:
    Girls Aloud... Especially Nadine.
    Melanie B.
    Danni Minogue.
    Louis Walsh.
    Thom Yorke.

Not Nice:
    Geri Halliwell (most of the time, she can be alright though).
    Victoria Beckham.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,639
    Forum Member
    Nice
    Patrick Mower (Rodney in Emmerdale) -Lovely lovely man. He was in front on me in my local Tesco one day, didn't have a clubcard so used mine (and I got about 200 points lol) He also gave my simpering mother an autograph lol.

Gino D'Acampo - Lovely bloke. Met him at the Good Food Show one year and he took time to chat to me and my friend, have a photo taken etc even though he was running late lol.

James Martin - Met him quite a few times, always very friendly and patient with hoards of swooning women.

Ant and Dec - Friendly and didn't mind making time to talk to people waiting to speak to them. In fact they made their driver or whoever it was with them urging them to get a move on cos they were late wait until they had spoken to us each in turn which I thought was lovely of them cos they could have easily just dashed off.

There are a few others too, but the ones mentioned above were my favourites. No one has really been horrible fortunately.

By the way I'm in total awe of some of the people folks have met on here :D
    Forum Member
    Nice:
    Girls Aloud... Especially Nadine.
    Melanie B.
    Danni Minogue.
    Louis Walsh.
    Thom Yorke.

Not Nice:
    Geri Halliwell (most of the time, she can be alright though).
    Victoria Beckham.

Pish isn't nice?? Well, you could knock me down with a feather!