Options

My neighbours have named their dog, 'Doggy'.

2»

Comments

• Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daddy66 wrote: »
    So cute, I suspect that their three children are SEN students…there's, no other excuse.

Regardless, this yappy mongrel won't shut-up; it's probably due to the care and attention in which they considered his name.

The dumbest dog name, you've ever come across?

( I once had anothers neighbour's dog named 'Dee O Gee'.)

FFS! ..name a damn dog properly!

Wow, that's tasteful.
  • Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    Ouch! :D

I've yet to find a person who dares go after another for typo's pretend it's grammar and not make mistakes themselves. You're not the first.:D

I'm not perfick eiver
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    missy83 wrote: »
    So I know what to write in the cat's birthday card!

I've always found it useful to know how to sign my husband's cards from our cat, too. :)
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have called my neighbours dog Yappy Little Barsteward I'm Going To Kill You Someday.
  • Options
    daddy66daddy66 Posts: 12,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vixen wrote: »
    I've yet to find a person who dares go after another for typo's pretend it's grammar and not make mistakes themselves. You're not the first.:D

I'm not perfick eiver

Double ouch! You've put me in my place rightly and I do agree with you...you are a good FM and it's nice to meet you:)
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Just to say my 'SEN Student' son named our cats perfectly good names.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I think I've posted this before, but I used to know a guy who named his dog "Repent" and he liked to let it loose so he could chase it down the street shouting, "repent, repent!"

True story.

lol I like that!
    Espresso wrote: »
    And calling a dog Doggy is no worse or better than calling it any other word. A dog learns to respond to whatever it hears you calling it. You could call it Mr Elephant if you liked, it would know that was its name.
    I know I'd feel a bit of a tiwit souting "Here Doggy" in the park" but presumably the folk who named their dog Doggy won't. And the dog's hardly likely to care what they call him.

Exactly, the dog won't care. The only embarrassment might be in the vets when they call out the pets name with your surname! Fortunately my dog has a unembarrassing name but calling out Doggy Jones might cause a few laughs.

PS my dog does have a name but will answer to any one of a number of differernt names. It's the tone of voice rather than what you're saying that alerts him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Better than calling it 'kitty' I s'pose:confused:
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is a SEN student?:o
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    What is a SEN student?:o

Special Educational Needs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    so`s one of mine.

And the one in Neighbours soap is too :D
  • Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    Double ouch! You've put me in my place rightly and I do agree with you...you are a good FM and it's nice to meet you:)

Why thank you kind sir.:D
  • Options
    AfterlifeAfterlife Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    Just to say my 'SEN Student' son named our cats perfectly good names.

So has my 'SEN student' brother.
  • Options
    oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a cat called Moggy AKA the Mogster. Then we got the Dogster. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago my Mum adopted a half feral moggy at the farm where she kept her horse. She called her Kat. :D
  • Options
    lisa02lisa02 Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum named her rescue dog Tag. Apparently it's because he was playing tag with them when they went to see him. He bounded up to the cage, when they went to pet him he ran off again and repeated it several times.

We have a hamster named Gandalf. He's grey and white just like Gandalf the wizard in LOTR, who starts as Gandalf the Grey and then becomes Gandalf the White.

The goldfish is called Goldy. Named by our 3 year old.