Options

Ella Henderson to sing "Believe" at NTA's

2»

Comments

• Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    as someone posted above about joe and jedward, maybe it's both her and james performing today?

They would've announced it by now if he was due to perform.
  • Options
    westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Dermot is performing a full dance routine tonight which personally I'm very excited about but I can't wait to see Ella sing again as well.

From Hayley
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    nooo, not cover songs. let her have time to do her own stuff shes too good
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    https://twitter.com/Ella__Henderson/status/294083618127618048/photo/1/large

Seating arrangement for today, I do think Syco are trying to market this girl as the next Adele and unfortunately it will not work. She has talent but for me she's suited for the Westend musicals (not an insult).
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

Seating arrangement for today, I do think Syco are trying to market this girl as the next Adele and unfortunately it will not work. She has talent but for me she's suited for the Westend musicals (not an insult).

I think it's a bit early to say it won't work. When Adele first came out, nobody ever predicted the impact her second album would have. Ella is pretty much a blank slate at this point and I can see why Syco have clung onto her. She has a lot of potential.

I'm still very surprised that James isn't performing tonight, and this is coming from someone who isn't exactly James's biggest fan. It's quite unfair and doesn't reflect well on Syco who presumably had a say in whether Ella or James got to perform. I wonder if there will be some kind of explanation tonight for why James isn't doing it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she could perform 'Scream & Shout'.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »

No! The whole reason she wasn't getting the granny vote was because she was appealing to teens. She's a pop singing - her voice says it all (the sliding between the notes, it's such a recording voice). She's not cheesy either, she can sing proper ballads.

And her talent as a song writer would not be able to grow in musicals (how she turned that horrid song Cher sang into something as beautiful as that is incroyable!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of the NTAs just heard Kimberley Walsh absolutely slaughter Randy Crawford's 'One Day I'll Fly Away'. I might just have to play the original to get over it .......
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Ella does sound really amazing (note to Kimberly thats a real singer - please dont sing live ever again!)
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a beautiful Performance she did <3
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    she was good
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    She was amazing. Kimberly was shocking. All of the Girls Aloud are incredibly shocking. How Cheryl and Kim shot up to fame I'll just never know...
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    she was good

+1.:)
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Well she showed Kimberley up big style
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she showed Kimberley up big style

she did... :sleep:
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I think it's a bit early to say it won't work. When Adele first came out, nobody ever predicted the impact her second album would have. Ella is pretty much a blank slate at this point and I can see why Syco have clung onto her. She has a lot of potential.

I'm still very surprised that James isn't performing tonight, and this is coming from someone who isn't exactly James's biggest fan. It's quite unfair and doesn't reflect well on Syco who presumably had a say in whether Ella or James got to perform. I wonder if there will be some kind of explanation tonight for why James isn't doing it?

Pretty sure it would have been nearly all Syco's choice here. But I can see why they've made the decision. James has a single out and it's probably the best winners single to date - perfect for him, it's generating great sales over a sustained period and has got loads of airplay. Ella was out of the show relatively early and they're obviously just trying to push her out into the public eye as soon as possible to emphasise that they have signed her and that we can expect big things from her.

I think Ella and James are clearly going to be Syco's projects from last series.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was very pitchy in places.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice was pretty tiring to listen to after a minute...
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    She was very pitchy in places.

Oh please. That was not pitchy. The first time she did it on the X-factor I have to agree their were moments of pitchiness. This performance was a lot better than that and controlled.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Oh please. That was not pitchy. The first time she did it on the X-factor I have to agree their were moments of pitchiness. This performance was a lot better than that and controlled.

Sadly I thought it was too contolled. Her X factor performance gave me goosebumps and seemed more from the heart but I am sure she was nervous as she is very young. It was certainly a goodperformance but it just didn't move me like the X factor one did.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I hate her voice. Her tone always sounds flat and forced to me, like it could crack any minute. Theres no sweetness to it, it's just harsh all the time. I think she's way overrated tbh (As I also think Adele is).