Christopher Maloney's debut single fails to make Top 1500

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair to the guy, it's not a bad single is it really? If it was Gary Barlow singing, it'd be riding high in the charts.

I don't know the ins and outs of what went on at the X Factor, just the speculation, but the upshot righty or wrongly is that many people don't like him so he never had a chance. The record label won't be interested in taking much further I imagine, they took a punt and it doesn't look to have worked.

- tim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the list he is at number 779 on the pop charts

I think when people start looking at the individual genre charts, straws are being clutched.

- tim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neorich wrote: »
    Any "support," he had, was more than likely to be more about pissing the powers that be off, than anything else and it damn near succeeded!

;)

I remember voting for him, a few times..and was hooting with laughter, each week that he was kept in....and people were getting so uppity about it!

Rich.
    x

I did this too (well, once) because some on here were being so nasty and it appeared to annoy them quite a lot. It was most amusing. :D
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    In fairness, how many people actually knew he was releasing a single? It doesn't matter who the artist is, if the public don't know about it then nothing sells. I'm not aware of him having any promotion.

His 'fans' would have known...he finished in the top 3, didn't he? Its a disaster really!

Wonder when he will be dropped?
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Believe me he's doing just fine & this video is amazing. Posting for those of us that are sick of the haters. Thought you would have all moved on by now :yawn:

https://twitter.com/whollwin/status/395615384625504256
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valezio wrote: »
    Believe me he's doing just fine & this video is amazing. Posting for those of us that are sick of the haters. Thought you would have all moved on by now :yawn:

Are you Christopher?
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member

Surely he'd be in the top 40 in todays chart update if he was doing just fine?
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu222 wrote: »
    Surely he'd be in the top 40 in todays chart update if he was doing just fine?

half the profits going to the james bulger memorial fund, thats nice maybe they could spend the money on a daffodil
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet. :)

I can't believe he ever got a deal of any kind after the show. He's one of the most embarrassing acts who have ever been on and he was a creepy sod too. Still don't get his obsession with his nan...urgh, it makes me shudder (and I'm very close to my own nan so it's not that I don't understand th grandparent-grandchild bond).
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    Are you Christopher?

What was MeNan's name? I swear Rylan said it was Valerie?
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ok you're either Christopher or his nan. Just admit it!!
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmfao, all his fans must have passed away of old age
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok you're either Christopher or his nan. Just admit it!!

I don't think either of them lost their son 2yrs ago. I did, as mentioned elsewhere on this forum (Nicholas & his heart problem).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I have listened to his song and I like it.
    When the media will stop putting Christopher down?
    He has a good voice and he is a great guy!
    Hope he makes it.
    Half of the earnings will go to a charity.
    Generous is someone who doesn't have much yet he shares it out for a good cause.
    Good luck Christopher!
    Believe in you!
    I do!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    #teamMaloney does on FB and Twitter
    Forum Member
    Nope we are alive and kicking lol
    Forum Member
    Nope and nowhere near Liverpool either :P
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #teamMaloney does on FB and Twitter
    Nope we are alive and kicking lol
    Nope and nowhere near Liverpool either :P

Do you realise none of us can see who you are talking to?:o
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have listened to his song and I like it.
    When the media will stop putting Christopher down?
    He has a good voice and he is a great guy!
    Hope he makes it.
    Half of the earnings will go to a charity.
    Generous is someone who doesn't have much yet he shares it out for a good cause.
    Good luck Christopher!
    Believe in you!
    I do!!!!!!!!!

MeNan, is that you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    MeNan, is that you?

HA! :D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Baloney "MeSong bombed" I think MeNan name was Pat or Pam.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to be horrible, and good on him for trying...but i think a cover record would have suited his audience better mainly made up of the songs he did on the show. It might have sold better. His record company have no power - it's a small company etc it's just him pushing it on twitter basically.

I was stunned it was so low when i checked on Monday it was around 1,300. Thats really really low sales in a low sales climate. I think he's probably better suited to musicals or something like that. I do believe all these negative reports i've heard...maybe it was the XF production crew planting them but several people have come out and said of his behaviour a past colleague, Lucy Sraggan and Carloynne Poole.

He should have released the single in March at the latest. Sadly we live in a pop world where you need to be conventionally attractive, young etc - if he looked like a One Direction member with that style he'd be selling much better.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do think it's odd that he had half the country voting for him and he's sold this low. Seriously, what kind of people were voting for him...?
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I really do think it's odd that he had half the country voting for him and he's sold this low. Seriously, what kind of people were voting for him...?

MeNan phone bill was probably astronomical.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »

the irony of people saying they voted for him just for a laugh, to stick it to Simon Cowell etc....when all that money goes straight into Cowell's pockets.

When will people learn.