Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    They are back in the studio again with Tommy and Victoria who are responsible for We Know, I think they're trying to add a couple of more songs that have lyrics that are 'timeless'. Which I'm happy about.

The pop culture references and name dropping should be put to rest now, I hope. But TGBL willl stick out like sore thumb on the album
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I don't think he as involved as we are told to believe. An article basically said that Sony are pushing them as a 'brand' and not as a band - it's frustrating as the reason I became a massive fan was because of their talent and powerful voices so I need the music to be successful. LA Reid hasn't given them the push that he gave Bieber of Avril Lavigne. It's just frustrating.

The album has been pushed back to December now. My hopes is after this year I want them to start promoting worldwide - Latin America would be the best place to start and then Asia/ Australia. And finally Europe.

For god sake, that's so annoying....December is an awful time to release an album for a new artist/band. :(
  • piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    slashndash wrote: »
    Even though those are some big names they are up against, I think we can pull off the upset. Our fandom is hardcore when it comes to voting for things that matter.

They're up against the Beyhive though. I'd be shocked if 5H manage to beat Beyonce. I'd be an undeserved win if they did, imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    The girls are up 16 spots on this year's Billboard "21 Under 21" chart. They come in at #5! http://www.billboard.com/articles/6251172/fifth-harmony-21-under-21-2014

Also, i got chills just listening to this. The crowd was insane! http://instagram.com/p/tVcfWItnLy
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member

This might have been in the plans earlier on, when the expectations for BO$$ were higher, but things don't always work out as expected...and plans change. They're not going to Mexico.
    Forum Member
    pirata wrote: »
    They're up against the Beyhive though. I'd be shocked if 5H manage to beat Beyonce. I'd be an undeserved win if they did, imo.

The same could be said for their VMA win, but as with the VMAs the EMAs are fan voted awards. Body of work doesn't matter as much so if the fans go as hard for the EMA voting as they did for the VMAs, 5H stands a very good chance of making it to the next round.

Unfortunately, it's appearing many think as you do that they don't stand a chance and just aren't voting as hard, at least I'm seeing very little enthusiasm from the update accounts that drive the machine. Might be the the voting format or just a lack of comprehension in the importance of receiving an invite to the EMAs win or lose. Either case, not looking good.
    Forum Member
    IG post: "Day 1 with my fav girl group @fifthharmony. The goal is to cut 3 records in 2 days. My homegurl @officialtaylorp killin that vocal production! @meghan_trainor and #ChrisFlictAparri classics goin down! @ironchefaldo on the controls."

More studio work over the weekend. Interested to hear what they came up with this time, but I'm even more interested and excited to hear what contribution Chris Sernel made to last nights recording session. Sernel, a Grammy nominated writer/producer fronting an early 2000's rock band called Escape From Earth wrote most of the lyrics for that band. Most of his lyrics read like poetry...not a single name dropped, word spelled out, or pop culture reference made. :cool:
    Forum Member
    MsDirect wrote: »
    IG post: "Day 1 with my fav girl group @fifthharmony. The goal is to cut 3 records in 2 days. My homegurl @officialtaylorp killin that vocal production! @meghan_trainor and #ChrisFlictAparri classics goin down! @ironchefaldo on the controls."

More studio work over the weekend. Interested to hear what they came up with this time, but I'm even more interested and excited to hear what contribution Chris Sernel made to last nights recording session. Sernel, a Grammy nominated writer/producer fronting an early 2000's rock band called Escape From Earth wrote most of the lyrics for that band. Most of his lyrics read like poetry...not a single name dropped, word spelled out, or pop culture reference made. :cool:

Thanks! I've missed quite a bit on twitter but it seems like they're trying to make the album more timeless (which I'm very pleased about).

http://youtu.be/yrne_uT_0ck The girls did a photoshoot with Glamaholic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to seriously get a 2nd single out there. They have so much potential it's unreal and their team are incredible at keeping their name out there and getting them seen. However, with no music there's only so long that will be able to carry on. They need to seriously get a 2nd single out fast.
    Forum Member
    They need to seriously get a 2nd single out there. They have so much potential it's unreal and their team are incredible at keeping their name out there and getting them seen. However, with no music there's only so long that will be able to carry on. They need to seriously get a 2nd single out fast.

They're all back home with their families on a much needed break and about week from now they have the Brazilian shows so I'm not expecting any news until after.

As far as keeping their name out there, a well done cover or two would be enough to satisfy that and would appease fans temporarily as well. Their management team asked for suggestions a few days ago so I'm pretty sure something is in the works.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all back home with their families on a much needed break and about week from now they have the Brazilian shows so I'm not expecting any news until after.

As far as keeping their name out there, a well done cover or two would be enough to satisfy that and would appease fans temporarily as well. Their management team asked for suggestions a few days ago so I'm pretty sure something is in the works.

But there's only so long that putting a cover version out there is going to keep them in the public eye. Their team are very good at keeping their name out there, but without any music, there's only so long that people will stay interested. In my opinion, everything is very messy with them on the music front. Videos filmed for random tracks on the EP etc (Me and My Girls for example). They've been performing tracks from the album for ages now and apparently it will be relased in December...which is an awful time for a group to release their debut album. Then there's the 2nd single...no sign of it. The label need to pull their finger out and get the music sorted out because performing cover versions and showing up at events is only going to sustain them in the public eye for so long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been already posted ??
    Sorry if it has.

Apparently the girls can have a shot on being nominated for Best New Artist for the Grammys. This is big
    In a major upset, Fifth Harmony beat Smith, 5 Seconds of Summer and ScHoolboy Q (see final paragraph) for Artist to Watch at the VMAs on Aug. 24. The female quintet has a shot at a nomination here too, even though their first full-length album isn’t due until Nov. 17. (Their five-song EP, Better Together, satisfies the category’s criteria.)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news10104m04

But I thought their album was pushed back to December???
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    Has this been already posted ??
    Sorry if it has.

Apparently the girls can have a shot on being nominated for Best New Artist for the Grammys. This is big

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news10104m04

But I thought their album was pushed back to December???

16th of December is the new target date.

A couple of other blogs listed them as front runners for the 2015 BNA Grammy as well. To even be part of the conversation this early in their careers is a really big honor but I'm kind of hoping they get passed over. I think they stand a better chance winning that award after their album comes out and the rules aren't real clear as to whether they can be nominated twice.

Had hoped they'd beat the deadline but not doing so gave them more time to work on the album which might turn out for the best, and since they missed the deadline, I personally don't care how long it takes if the tradeoff is releasing a great debut album.

I've always maintained good to great music will find it's audience, sometimes it takes time. That said, I don't believe BO$$ is dead as many others seem to think. It's laying dormant. If the album connects with the general public(~315 million Americans have never heard of 5H), BO$$ will follow and radio could pick it back up. BO$$ wasn't on radio long enough to be purged and with several recent cases of songs falling off the airplay charts only to reappear at a later date...and end up topping the charts, BO$$ is good enough to be one of them.
    Forum Member
    But there's only so long that putting a cover version out there is going to keep them in the public eye. Their team are very good at keeping their name out there, but without any music, there's only so long that people will stay interested. In my opinion, everything is very messy with them on the music front. Videos filmed for random tracks on the EP etc (Me and My Girls for example). They've been performing tracks from the album for ages now and apparently it will be relased in December...which is an awful time for a group to release their debut album. Then there's the 2nd single...no sign of it. The label need to pull their finger out and get the music sorted out because performing cover versions and showing up at events is only going to sustain them in the public eye for so long.

The covers most demanded are Chandelier(fans have been blown away by the new intro to MMO.) and Say My Name. The latter they sang impromptu during a SNOL live stream as the song came on the radio during a break. Z100 listeners never heard them but those watching the live stream did. Don't think the girls even knew they were being recorded, they were just jamming out to the song.

The general public doesn't know what a Fifth Harmony is so they can't lose something they don't have. Their popularity is primarily inside the social media bubble and within they're too much an entity and too well respected by the music blogs to just disappear. Their fans just need something to keep them entertained until the 2nd single is released. Fans that get bored and leave, no big loss. They were never really fans to begin with.

Something to realize is that besides 5H, there are 4 entities involved, all with possibly differing agendas. SYCO, Sony, Epic, and the girl's management all have a stake so who's responsible for the rescheduling is an unknown, but if the team is willing to forgo profit to make a better album, isn't that a good thing?

A wise young woman once said, "patience is a virtue. a really really really infuriating virtue. a virtue that takes a long time. patience is a virtue." :D
    Forum Member
    The girls were in the studio with J.R Rotem and Eric Hudson
    Forum Member
    Today the girls arrived in Brazil to more than 500 fans awaiting at the airport :cool:
    Forum Member
    Today the girls arrived in Brazil to more than 500 fans awaiting at the airport :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUm5lUhouY8

The fans are so passionate in Brazil. These people were waiting outside while the girls were sleeping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U1KWe-d6vk
    Forum Member
    The girls have won the EMA for Best US Act.
    Forum Member
    Well it took a while but we finally have it! SINGLE #2 aka "Sledge Hammer" :)http://ftwemblem3.tumblr.com/post/100797670486
    Forum Member
    Well it took a while but we finally have it! SINGLE #2 aka "Sledge Hammer" :)http://ftwemblem3.tumblr.com/post/100797670486

It wouldn't surprise me to see Chris Sernel's name all over the credits on this one. Regardless, this is the first 5H track after just one listen I can safely say belongs on radio.

Radio shouldn't have a problem playing this one. :)
  • istersayistersay Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    So happy they finally are releasing another Single, love ♥♥♥ Sledgehammer ♥♥♥
    Forum Member
    According to this article http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/fifth-harmony-sledgehammer-single-premiere/, "Sledghammer" was written by none other than Meghan Trainor. Great move by Epic imo :cool:
    Forum Member
    According to this article http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/fifth-harmony-sledgehammer-single-premiere/, "Sledghammer" was written by none other than Meghan Trainor. Great move by Epic imo :cool:

Chris Flict Aparri has already denied being involved with Sledgehammer so all other "facts" in that blog become suspect as well. That said, I've heard from other sources that Megan wrote and I'm guessing co produced as well. We'll know once the track is released or shows up on BMI/ASCAP.
    Forum Member
    Chris Flict Aparri has already denied being involved with Sledgehammer so all other "facts" in that blog become suspect as well. That said, I've heard from other sources that Megan wrote and I'm guessing co produced as well. We'll know once the track is released or shows up on BMI/ASCAP.

true, true! You never know with these blogs