dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand he is leaving, which is a big shame
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can stay as long as he wants if he is making Rita miserable.
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    IMO he will leave when found guilty of bumping Tango off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was useless anyway. He brought nothing to the show but a bunch of Lollypop men!
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL... the writers really f*cked up here. They were given a wonderful opportunity and they failed spectacularly. Dennis could have been soooo much more than the silent, idiotic, henpecked sponger they turned him into. What a waste. Poor Philip Lowrie! :(

I wonder how he leaves - there are literally two ways he could go in my mind:

1) he takes advantage of Rita's kindness and tries to thieve some money/possessions from her flat - Tina comes in at the wrong time, he pushes past her and she falls down the stairs and dies. He takes one last look at the street and leaves before anyone has the chance to see what he's done.

OR

2) Dennis and Rita have a heart to heart and they admit they've BOTH been in the wrong - they had a lot of good times but they never should have got married. He leaves and goes to Birmingham to stay with his sister. He takes a look at "Dennis Tanner 1951" on No.11's window ledge, then leaves for the last time.

Knowing Corrie at the moment, it'll probably be option 1). >:(
    Any other ideas?
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    He was useless anyway. He brought nothing to the show but a bunch of Lollypop men!

Oh don't remind me - and wasn't that under Collinson's reign? Think it was, if so what selective memories some people have about his time on CS.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I would be happy for him to stay - unlike many - I like having numerous older characters in the background popping up having storylines and popping back again. Dennis has a link with episode 1 and there was a huge opportunity to either bring back his wife Jenny and kids or Linda and her kids. No idea why this didn't happen
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    He can stay as long as he wants if he is making Rita miserable.

Well played JB, well played.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Oh don't remind me - and wasn't that under Collinson's reign? Think it was, if so what selective memories some people have about his time on CS.

Quite right, it was. But then the SB haters never let the facts get in the way of a rant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    Quite right, it was. But then the SB haters never let the facts get in the way of a rant.

Collinson used to get a regular mauling on here, all forgotten now. The casting certainly seems a lot better now - the actors brought in to play Rob and Ryan and Jenna and Mandy were shocking. The latest new ones (especially the one living with Tina, and her brother) fit in really well. Don't think the S/Ls now are any worse than under Collinson really - when I think about it, I have FF most of the episodes for the last 4 years, don't know why I still watch it!
  • Options
    Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    Collinson used to get a regular mauling on here, all forgotten now. The casting certainly seems a lot better now - the actors brought in to play Rob and Ryan and Jenna and Mandy were shocking. The latest new ones (especially the one living with Tina, and her brother) fit in really well. Don't think the S/Ls now are any worse than under Collinson really - when I think about it, I have FF most of the episodes for the last 4 years, don't know why I still watch it!

They fit in really well but you can't put a name to them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie_Ebb wrote: »
    They fit in really well but you can't put a name to them

I know but I really can't, I FF through so much of it now and can't be bothered to invest in it enough to remember. But the actors are pretty good, whereas the ones brought in to play Ryan and Rob are miscast and wooden (I was glad to see Ryan leave!).
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, and unfair on the actor, the character has been "axed":(
    There could have been good everyday storylines of the Tanner family.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its sad, they had so much potential instead of being put together with Rita or being bossed around by her. I actually wish he got into a companionship with Sylvia as they got along much better.

Wish they brought in more Tanners, seeing Dennis as a grandfather would of been amusing.

There are far more unlikable characters that could leave.

But perhaps PC could have done more with him rather than just wanting to make Rita a Mrs Tanner.