Is Chantelle Houghton losing her dignity?

Comments

• scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to get out of the media and get on with her life.

Shes too addicted to the attention to do something like that.!
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Desperate Famewhores like Chantelle have no dignity in the first place. They sell every tiny morsel to rags and redtops to increase their bank balance at the expence of their self worth. Hooking up with Alex Reid has been a spectacular failure because they're not the celeb couple she believes they should be. No reality show, no offers of a column in some low rent peice of shit like OK or New. Alarm bells should have started ringing when nobody was interested in paying to know what she was naming the baby. Now she's stuck with a kid and only the hope of a "lose your baby weight" DVD for the christmas market.

Poor Dolly. You are Kerchingina no more cos you just aren't pulling your weight!

Chantelle does have a column in OK, as does kerry katona. I expect they are paid a huge fee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did Chantelle Houghton have any dignity to lose? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Oh my God!!!

I know people make a hobby out of defending the indefensible on here but this is easily the craziest thing I've ever read, bar none.

I'd imagine any NORMAL person would be absolutely horrified to discover their mother made money this way. I fear poor, poor Dolly along with Kerry Katona's children is going to grow up to be just like mum.

Society has allowed certain types of people to believe selling their lives is an acceptable way to make a living when, in fact, they should be down the job centre signing on like the rest of the unemployed. It's just so nasty anyone thinks this is a valid way to earn money. What has happened to having a work ethic of any kind? :(

You have quoted only part of my post which has totally taken it out of context. My point was that no 1. the mere fact that we are talking about her (including you) shows there is interest and no. 2 she seems lonely and desperate which is sad.

At the end of the day it's just my opinion!!!

I would rather her make money this way than join the queue at the job centre and add to my already huge tax bill. I worry more about the Jeremy Kyle louts of which there must millions sitting on their ar**s all day whilst I go out to work to pay for their ****. I'd imagine any NORMAL person would be absolutely horrified with your suggestion.

So what if she has made money in a way that YOU don't see fit, as I said its not illegal and she will one day have to face the consequences of explaining to her daughter. That is up to her.

In my opinion!!
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DB69...are you Chantelle? Or her PR? Or one of her friends from the paps?

It scares me that any "real" person would think her line of "work" is acceptable in any way, shape, or form.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DB69 wrote: »
    You have quoted only part of my post which has totally taken it out of context. My point was that no 1. the mere fact that we are talking about her (including you) shows there is interest and no. 2 she seems lonely and desperate which is sad.

At the end of the day it's just my opinion!!!

I would rather her make money this way than join the queue at the job centre and add to my already huge tax bill. I worry more about the Jeremy Kyle louts of which there must millions sitting on their ar**s all day whilst I go out to work to pay for their ****. I'd imagine any NORMAL person would be absolutely horrified with your suggestion.

So what if she has made money in a way that YOU don't see fit, as I said its not illegal and she will one day have to face the consequences of explaining to her daughter. That is up to her.

In my opinion!!
    Desperate for attention in the form of big effing cheques!
    Forum Member

It scares me that any "real" person would think her line of "work" is acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

But that's my point, you are talking about her so there's obviously interest. If you didn't show interest there wouldn't be an outlet for her and TOWIE and BB and Kardasians etc etc.

The fact that you have an opinion shows that you are interested and you're fuelling the fire for future tell all interviews.

Don't be scared about my opinion- it really is of no concern to you :p
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you are over reacting and being a little bit rude. DB89 just said she was expressing her opinion, and I can see where she is coming from. Minor celebs have always made money from selling stories. I don't agree with Chantelle doing this because she has a child, but at the end of the day, she is the mother and is entitled to make the decisions to do with her and her daughter. Don't read them if they offend you so much.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't directly read Chantelle's rubbish - only what's parroted on here.

Fair enough DB89 is only expressing their opinion. I apologise for any rudeness on my part. It just never ceases to amaze me what people will defend. I fear as long as even one person thinks "careers" like Chantelle's are okay, for any reason, we're doomed as far as people actually getting off their bottoms and making an honest living goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    I think you are over reacting and being a little bit rude. DB89 just said she was expressing her opinion, and I can see where she is coming from. Minor celebs have always made money from selling stories. I don't agree with Chantelle doing this because she has a child, but at the end of the day, she is the mother and is entitled to make the decisions to do with her and her daughter. Don't read them if they offend you so much.

The whole point of the forum for discussion, people are entitled to their views and telling people not to read posts if it offends them is rather silly.:)
    Forum Member

Bravo Cadhla. Opinions are just that, opinions.

*****Vote Christopher*****
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    The whole point of the forum for discussion, people are entitled to their views and telling people not to read posts if it offends them is rather silly.:)

I didn't mean don't read the posts...I meant don't read Chantelle's stories!!! :p
    Forum Member

Fair enough DB89 is only expressing their opinion. I apologise for any rudeness on my part. It just never ceases to amaze me what people will defend. I fear as long as even one person thinks "careers" like Chantelle's are okay, for any reason, we're doomed as far as people actually getting off their bottoms and making an honest living goes.

Or join the Job Centre queues which you alluded to
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dignity - or, an assured income - no contest........;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think though that even if people can kind of see why Chantelle might choose this route, they can hopefully see all the pitfalls and problems with it too. Some won't, but then they'd be doomed with or without the likes of Chantelle I reckon. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mean don't read the posts...I meant don't read Chantelle's stories!!! :p

The thing is we all do. How sad are we all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is we all do. How sad are we all?

Lol I know. :o I'm the saddest...I used to read the Natalie Cassidy stories all the time too when she was having problems with her man.
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her baffling, I thought she was sweet and genuine on CBB where she fell for Preston and vice versa - but watching the way her life has gone, since their relationship ended, has been like watching a slow motion car crash. I wonder if she is aware of how she is portraying herself and whether she will regret being so open about the reasons for ending things with her daughter's father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I know. :o I'm the saddest...I used to read the Natalie Cassidy stories all the time too when she was having problems with her man.

Me too:o and kerry katona and I can't stand her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    I find her baffling, I thought she was sweet and genuine on CBB where she fell for Preston and vice versa - but watching the way her life has gone, since their relationship ended, has been like watching a slow motion car crash. I wonder if she is aware of how she is portraying herself and whether she will regret being so open about the reasons for ending things with her daughter's father.

I think she is giving too much detail about her and alex, ok, he has hurt her but, I am sure she is not blameless.I wonder how he will get back at her?
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is giving too much detail about her and alex, ok, he has hurt her but, I am sure she is not blameless.I wonder how he will get back at her?
    Ideally he should maintain a dignified silence about the whole sordid mess.

"Never contradict. Never explain. Never apologise. Those are the secrets of a happy life!" ~ John Arbuthnot Fisher
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chantelle does have a column in OK, as does kerry katona. I expect they are paid a huge fee.
    :eek::confused::o oops!

OK will be annoyed that Chantelle is spilling her beans elsewhere and not in her column!
    dorahall wrote: »
    Ideally he should maintain a dignified silence about the whole sordid mess.

"Never contradict. Never explain. Never apologise. Those are the secrets of a happy life!" ~ John Arbuthnot Fisher
    Ideally you should never put Alex Reid and "dignified" in the same sentence!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    if you sell your life do you have any dignity
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    :eek::confused::o oops!

OK will be annoyed that Chantelle is spilling her beans elsewhere and not in her column!

I think her column is in the esteemed New Magazine. Perhaps her sordid tales of sex dungeons, grubby sex toys and frenzied wanking by the father of her child are a little too raw for the delicate sensibilities of its readership?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think her column is in the esteemed New Magazine. Perhaps her sordid tales of sex dungeons, grubby sex toys and frenzied wanking by the father of her child are a little too raw for the delicate sensibilities of its readership?
    Given that the words have more than one syllable, I'm afraid I have to agree with you.:p

By the way, I hope that the bit in bold is the full title of Alex Reid's eventual autobiography!!