Dream House

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Saw this last night?. Thought it was brilliant reminded me slightly of a better version of Shutter Island . Has anyone else seen it?

Comments

• BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's bloody awful. One of the worst films I saw last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »

:D:D
    I know I shouldn't laugh, but that swift response did crack me up!
    (IMHO, it's true as well ...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Fair play I thought it was ok what did you not like about it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Obviously we all see things differently but Dream House! Brilliant!

No way!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Fair play I thought it was ok what did you not like about it?

TBH, I would have liked it better, if the bloody trailers hadn't given away most of the plot and the twists!
    Just seemed a bit pointless after that...

If you liked it that's fine....
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

(I'm on "Nice-Guy" duty, after seeing so many personal attacks on these forums lately. :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, the trailer situation was ridiculous but even so...

To be honest I've kind of forgotten most of it because it was so bad. I just remember some 'twist' with Daniel Craig which was stupid.

But if it was enjoyed by someone then fair enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I would have liked it better, if the bloody trailers hadn't given away most of the plot and the twists!
    Just seemed a bit pointless after that...

If you liked it that's fine....
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

(I'm on "Nice-Guy" duty, after seeing so many personal attacks on these forums lately. :D)
    Lol maybe dont view the trailer then ;) (I didnt see any trailers for it maybe thats why I liked it). I have to say the ending was daft though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Lol maybe dont view the trailer then ;) (I didnt see any trailers for it maybe thats why I liked it). I have to say the ending was daft though

Ooh! Have to take umbrage with that I'm afraid...

If I'm sitting in a cinema and the trailer comes up (which is precisely what happened here), I don't want to sit there with my fingers in my ears, going "La-La-La! I can't hear you!", and close my eyes... just on the off-chance that I might be seeing the film in the near future.
    I thought trailers were supposed to entice you to see it, not give you a mini-version of the whole film!

Rant over! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh! Have to take umbrage with that I'm afraid...

If I'm sitting in a cinema and the trailer comes up (which is precisely what happened here), I don't want to sit there with my fingers in my ears, going "La-La-La! I can't hear you!", and close my eyes... just on the off-chance that I might be seeing the film in the near future.
    I thought trailers were supposed to entice you to see it, not give you a mini-version of the whole film!

Rant over! :D
    Lol fair play. My short term memory is shit so I tend to forget movie trailers as soon as I see them.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually don't understand why they would make a trailer that gives away the big twist of the film, it's a very odd thing to do..

wasn't the whole production a mess or something - scenes reshot or director fired or something like that?
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah...

Director Jim Sheridan clashed with Morgan Creek’s James G. Robinson constantly on the set over the shape of the script and production of the film.[4] Sheridan then tried to take his name off the film after being unhappy with the film and his relationship with Morgan Creek Productions.[5]
    Sheridan, Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz disliked the final cut of the film so much that they refused to do press promotion or interviews for it.[6] The trailer, cut by Morgan Creek Productions, came under fire for revealing the main plot twist of the film.[6]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »

Your Talking complete bollocks newbie:mad:

Tis a decent film
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    ah...

Director Jim Sheridan clashed with Morgan Creek’s James G. Robinson constantly on the set over the shape of the script and production of the film.[4] Sheridan then tried to take his name off the film after being unhappy with the film and his relationship with Morgan Creek Productions.[5]
    Sheridan, Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz disliked the final cut of the film so much that they refused to do press promotion or interviews for it.[6] The trailer, cut by Morgan Creek Productions, came under fire for revealing the main plot twist of the film.[6]

Ooh... Interesting.
    I did hear something to that extent, but I didn't realise that the cast actually refused to promote it!

Morgan Creek have done this before.
    I think the same thing happened with Clive Barker's "Nightbreed", when they advertised it as a "slasher" pic in the US, and it's nothing of the sort. Film was subsequently cut to ribbons.
    Some fans have re-cut it and released a new version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your Talking complete bollocks newbie:mad:

Tis a decent film

No it's not, its complete crap whether I'm a newbie or not.
    The opinion of someone who thinks time served on a forum is some kind of status is of no interest to me.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dream House was pretty awful. Has a rating of 6% on rotten tomato which should say all that needs to be said on the subject, tbh.

Still, in relation to the OP, nothing wrong with liking a film the majority of people don't, I'm sure every one has a film or two in their collection like that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I watched it really hoping that I would like it, being a big Rachel Weisz fan. Although I enjoyed her performance, I thought that the film as a whole was pretty bad (and there are seriously few films that I'd say that about; I'll watch more or less anything.)!