GTA V No Shows

Comments

• SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seriously, there are loads of copies on sale at my local asda, what is the fascination with pre-ordering, are people just too lazy to go to the shop...

Inconvenience, chance they will be sold out. Not everybody has an Asda/Tesco close. I live in London and the closest Supermarket/Game shop is about 3 miles away.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seriously, there are loads of copies on sale at my local asda, what is the fascination with pre-ordering, are people just too lazy to go to the shop...

That's usually my stance too.

Personally, i wanted the version with the blimp, and felt the only way to guarantee that, was to pre-order. But now i realise my mistake, and that the blimp doesn't really matter all that much.

We'll get them soon enough, though. Lesson learned and all that.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    EVERYBODY on my friends list is playing it.

So bloody annoyed.

same here, I'm getting messages asking me if I'm playing it, its really annoying! :mad:
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is f**king torture. Lol. Amazon can suck my b***s. :rolleyes:
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take back my previous statement, mine arrived at 3.50pm.

Half of the address label was missing though, including the house number and postcode, so god knows how it got here.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You were given an incentive of a blimp code for preordering and a guarantee from places like Amazon that you would get it on day of release and a price promise. I was tempted and I preordered from Amazon and it came today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No GTA for me either, amazon suck balls.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    That's my copy just arrived 2 minutes ago
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member

nothing to do with being to lazy to go to the shop, when i could get it for £20 with the voucher i had, why would i pay the £40 or whatever Game wanted for it?
  • draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just GTA, I ordered NHL 14 from Tesco which was supposed to arrive on Saturday.

Still waiting.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    It turns out I pre-ordered the game twice, once from Tesco and once from Amazon. Oops! I have a shocking memory. :o

My Tesco order arrived this morning but no sign of the Amazon order yet, which is annoying because when I ordered it the first time (from Tesco) I ordered it for the PS3 which I no longer have. So I have a copy but I can't play it now that I'm solely an Xbox owner. :(
  • Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine, set up the Xbox after months and got red light!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I contacted Amazon and they refunded the £5 extra I paid for one-day delivery (because I didn't order till Saturday, still said delivery today though) and said if it doesn't come by Friday I have to contact them again and they'll give me a full refund or send me a replacement

hope it comes tomorrow, I'm going out at lunchtime so will be tempted to go and buy from Tesco...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith_13 wrote: »
    Got mine, set up the Xbox after months and got red light!

that happened to my brother recently, does that mean curtains? or is it just the power lead that needs changing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i got mine about 11am this morning.

just went in my local tesco and they had loads of copys.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why I just bought £50 of PSN vouchers from shopto for £42 and bought the game that way. Digital distribution is definitely the future.
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can you log into our account?

Just tried and I can indeed!
    Order status reads as 'completed' which I gather (and hope) just means that they've done everything at their end and it's in the post.

If I don't get it tomorrow i'll scream.
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Here's a mixed story. I picked up my collectors edition from Harvey normans this morning and paid 20 less than rip off gamestop but as I've just moved house I got no Internet until next week so I don't want to play the game without the bonus codes I paid for. I am very tempted but I feel best to wait.
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of leaving it maybe for a couple of months, but when I was just in Sainsburys in a small town earlier today they just had it on a big stand so I thought why not. Price was £41.97 though, same the stress of pre-ordering and wondering will they, won't they with the postman does seem not worth it really for such a massive mainstream release.

In Sainsburys usual game section they didn't have any sign of it so I was almost relieved that I wouldn't have to spend £40, then I saw their massive stand for it near the shop entrance.

Got home and remembered that as my PS3 hard drive was nearly full of music and downloaded games I haven't got the 8GB to install it anyway so saw it round a mates where I would have seen it anyway without buying.
    Never would have thought in the past that you'd end up with games consoles which wouldn't be able to play a game for some reason and needing hard drive installs as with PC Games, what's wrong with it just reading the Blu-Ray disc?
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of leaving it maybe for a couple of months, but when I was just in Sainsburys in a small town earlier today they just had it on a big stand so I thought why not. Price was £41.97 though, same the stress of pre-ordering and wondering will they, won't they with the postman does seem not worth it really for such a massive mainstream release.

In Sainsburys usual game section they didn't have any sign of it so I was almost relieved that I wouldn't have to spend £40, then I saw their massive stand for it near the shop entrance.

Got home and remembered that as my PS3 hard drive was nearly full of music and downloaded games I haven't got the 8GB to install it anyway so saw it round a mates where I would have seen it anyway without buying.
    Never would have thought in the past that you'd end up with games consoles which wouldn't be able to play a game for some reason and needing hard drive installs as with PC Games, what's wrong with it just reading the Blu-Ray disc?

Blu-Ray disc read speed is too slow...
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amen! I understand pre-ordering indie titles which the supermarkets are not going to carry but there was always going to be stock of GTAV in every big supermarket across the world.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    or most people work all day, and don't fancy queuing up after a long day :rolleyes:

Queuing up? ALL major supermarkets have it. Nip in before work when you buy your Red Bull, or your lunch break when you get your meal deal, or on the way home when you realised you need milk. Hell I'm in Morrisons almost every night for one reason or another.

Plus a lot of the people moaning have waited in all day for the postie, so work isn't an issue.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't think its a "fascination" tbh, its probably just convenience for most people. I pre ordered online as it was just easier for me, even though I work in a city centre as I'm so busy at the moment I rarely get a decent lunch break to head to the shop as & buy it, and most evenings I'm in the gym or have other plans straight from work so again don't really want the hassle of having to go to a shop afterwards.

If I had been off work & desperate to play it then it would have been different, but on this occasion preordering was definitely more convenient for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it just arrived!!! :)
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aghhhh my postman needs to hurry up!