2014 Classic Series DVD Releases

TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, I decided to go ahead and start the 2014 list. Here is the current list (I hope that we add many more titles to this in the future):

2014:

The Moonbase: UK: January 20th, 2014, US: ?
The Web of Fear: UK: February 24th, US ?
The Underwater Menace: UK: ?, US: ?
The Enemy of the World: US: ?
An Adventure in Space and Time: US: ?

Comments

• chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done, Theophile. Keep up the good work.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a while since we had any Troughton stories to look forward to - now we have lots!
    And maybe more to come...? Fingers crossed...
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for 'budget' release of this years 'revisited' stories. Each to be released with those Watch documentaries.

Also the 'remastered' unearthly child.....
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for 'budget' release of this years 'revisited' stories. Each to be released with those Watch documentaries.

Also the 'remastered' unearthly child.....
    The remastered unearthly child is the 2006 dvd master so i doubt that will get a release. I can see those watch documentaries released in the same sets that the USA got
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before AAITAS gets put in a boxset with DOTD, Xmas special and some anniversary stuff?
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    Well, I decided to go ahead and start the 2014 list. Here is the current list (I hope that we add many more titles to this in the future):

2014:

The Moonbase: UK: January 20th, 2014, US: ?
    The Web of Fear: UK: February 24th, US ?
    The Underwater Menace: UK: ?, US: ?
    The Enemy of the World: US: ?
    An Adventure in Space and Time: US: ?

Need to add return to devil's end and white witch of devil's end released on 31st October 2014 to the list.
  • James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Need to add return to devil's end and white witch of devil's end released on 31st October 2014 to the list.

What???? :confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James_Vick wrote: »
    What???? :confused::confused:

That's the date galaxy 4 has it down for release now.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What exactly are these? I am completely ignorant about these titles.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From Tardis wikia-

Return to Devil's End was a direct-to-video reunion documentary released by Reeltime Pictures in 1993 and re-released in 1997. It featured Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney, Richard Franklin, John Levene and Christopher Barry returning to Aldbourne and reminiscing about the filming of The Dæmons.

White Witch of Devil's End is a spin off drama from The Dæmons, a press release can be found here- http://howeswho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/white-witch-of-devils-end.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are both realtime production DVDs. The return to devils end is a documentary recorded in the early 90s which had jon pertwee and others visiting the locations from the daemons. White witch dvd is a brand new spin off with miss Hawthorne from the daemons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    They are both realtime production DVDs. The return to devils end is a documentary recorded in the early 90s which had jon pertwee and others visiting the locations from the daemons. White witch dvd is a brand new spin off with miss Hawthorne from the daemons.

Are those cannon? Official?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are those cannon? Official?

Nope not cannon plus bbc don't own the rights to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking to myself, what do we have left? We have several more Troughton stories being released and there are rumors of more. I am not trying to start any rumors here, I was just wondering, how few stories do we have not released as completed (through finding the missing episodes or through animation) or are on the list to be released?

By my count, we have

- Marco Polo
    - The Crusade
    - Galaxy 4
    - Mission to the Unknown
    - The Myth Makers
    - The Dalek's Master Plan
    - The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve
    - The Celestial Toymaker
    - The Savages
    - The Smugglers

- The Power of the Daleks
    - The Highlanders
    - The Macra Terror
    - The Faceless Ones
    - The Evil of the Daleks
    - The Abominable Snowmen
    - Fury From the Deep
    - The Wheel in Space
    and
    - The Space Pirates

That is 19 stories, ten for Hartnell and nine for Troughton.

We even have several of the episodes for many of the above stories (The Crusade being one particular case where two exist and two are missing).

Let's say that they find a few more stories (there are rumors of several). How many episodes would we need before it would behoove the BBC to finish off the last of everything with animation?

Five episodes for Marco Polo?
    One more for Crusade?
    Two more for Galaxy 4?

Realistically, we could possibly have everything out in some form with the discovery of what, 50 strategically placed episodes so that the rest could economically be filled in with animation? Even without that many found, I think that if 15 or 16 of the serials were completed that the BBC would find itself under enormous pressure to finish the remainders just so the entire back catalog could exist in some form or fashion. What do y'all think?

19 serials. I hope that a few more are found, announced and released soon.

Which ones would y'all most like to see found and released on the list?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The obvious single episodes I would want found are web of fear 3 which i Hope is animated if not found and tenth planet 4. Full stories i would love to be found,Marco polo,the massacre,power of the daleks,abominable snowmen. Also any episodes of daleks master plan most welcome. All those i have enjoyed listening to the soundtrack/read the books. It would be typical if the space pirates turned up,the soundtrack is so boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The obvious single episodes I would want found are web of fear 3 which i Hope is animated if not found and tenth planet 4. Full stories i would love to be found,Marco polo,the massacre,power of the daleks,abominable snowmen. Also any episodes of daleks master plan most welcome. All those i have enjoyed listening to the soundtrack/read the books. It would be typical if the space pirates turned up,the soundtrack is so boring.

I like your list. I would also like to see the rest of The Celestial Toymaker found. :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.k... when is this "Believed Wiped" viewing? I am hoping that there are some more dates and episodes announced at this event. :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.k... when is this "Believed Wiped" viewing? I am hoping that there are some more dates and episodes announced at this event. :):):)

21st December.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    21st December.

Sweet. Thanks. :):):)

Hopefully the (still anemic) 2014 list will get some dates and some more titles added to it at that time. :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see the DVD range being pretty packed for the next 2 years.

I tried to check the missing episodes thread but that guy steve hill is so lame closing the thread because of bickering? Newsflash! Its called a heated discussion!
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see this thread still continuing, i remember doing the first one a few years ago now.

Hopefully more episodes have been found and the list can be bigger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbfc passed a coming soon trailer for The Underwater Menace today.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/doctor-who-underwater-menace-coming-soon-dvd-trailer-videotrailer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see the DVD range being pretty packed for the next 2 years.

Between the five titles listed already, the (hopefully) more stuff being found and the need to do Special Editions of much of the old stuff (I can find that list in the old thread), I could easily see the next two years being full of releases. Hopefully the BBC will realize that the cash cow can continue. :):):)
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marco Polo is likely to be announced on the after party special on Saturday or the BFI event in a couple of weeks according to the latest reports from DWA.
  • ValeronValeron Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Marco Polo is likely to be announced on the after party special on Saturday or the BFI event in a couple of weeks according to the latest reports from DWA.

Please excuse my ignorance but was is DWA?