Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 15)

Comments

• MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the start of the show Caroline's audition to be the next presenter of the show. You heard it here first:)
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Simon looked the best during training...

Scott, Tim, Jennifer, Sunetra, Judy :o:o
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that Bake Off'e Extra Slice (equivalent of ITT) is doing next week what many have suggested ITT should do. They have an extended edition after the Bake Off final with all the past contestants and the two judges. Slightly different of course with the final being pre-recorded months ago but shows there could be a place for something after the SCD final.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I notice that Bake Off'e Extra Slice (equivalent of ITT) is doing next week what many have suggested ITT should do. They have an extended edition after the Bake Off final with all the past contestants and the two judges. Slightly different of course with the final being pre-recorded months ago but shows there could be a place for something after the SCD final.

That annoys me a bit because we've been saying for years we want a post final ITT and Extra Slice gets a post final show in its first series.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Zoe talking over people - I think the issue is the show is packed at the moment and they're having to fit in three couples episode plus the additional sections, whether that be Choreography Corner, Wednesday Warm Up, the Costume section or Friday Panel/trip to the BBC One studio. Zoe's being told to ask a set number of questions so she has to talk over the contestants to fit them all in. I remember the same complaint being lobbied last year but it died down as the contestants dwindled and more was given to the interviews.

I detest some of the production changes made this year, though. Why ape The X Factor with the introductions? Why have the couples stuck on the Stairs to Nowhere so they can walk down them to some music instead of on the sofa ready to talk? Why introduce the couples then have the past weekend clip instead of the old format of clip then introduction? Oh, and bring the glitter back to the Green Room - at the moment it looks like a miniaturised version of The One Show studio. I expect one of the celebrities to start telling us what to do if our lawn suddenly turns bright blue.

Sorry, rant over. :blush:
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Wonder who decided to put a gap between the bottom of the stairs and the dais on which the sofa and chairs are. Is it there in the hope there'll be some drama when someone misses the dais and injures themselves?

They all appear to stop, look at the gap and then decide how to cross it.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe couples want themselves to make an entrance from the stairs. It used to be just Craig descending down the stairs like an overweight butterfly darling and now they all want to do it.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the dress lady is on tonight's show. Hope they have something less voluminous planned for Alison this week. Just because one is big does not mean one should be swathed in an entire roll of fabric thus making one look even larger. That spangled blue frock she had on at the weekend looked like a blinged-up yurt.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely live tonight then so just tuesdays that aren't
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott trying hard!!!

Good. lol maybe he does not want to be the Tony Jacklin of the series.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new room with the window. Makes it look brighter.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't watch
    Iplayer not working and I don't have a TV :cry::cry:

It would happen the night Steve's on
    :(
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Definitely live tonight then so just tuesdays that aren't

was this always the case? I thought that Wednesday and Thursday progs were recorded.

I love the training clips, and I'm increasingly loving Gregg, he's so excited:D:blush:
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at the gap between them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alionas boots are very Miss Whiplash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    was this always the case? I thought that Wednesday and Thursday progs were recorded.

I love the training clips, and I'm increasingly loving Gregg, he's so excited:D:blush:

Tuesdays and Thurs used to be recorded, I thought. On Mons and Weds.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irrational I know - but cannot bear to watch Greg at all
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    I can't watch
    Iplayer not working and I don't have a TV :cry::cry:

It would happen the night Steve's on
    :(

try this http://www.tvcatchup.com/

http://www.tvcatchup.com/programme/457068/strictly-come-dancing-it-takes-two
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop mincing. :D I bet there will be complaints.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona seems much warmer this interview.

LOL at Gregg.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're showing the trouser incident!
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    His dry cleaning bills must be astronomical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just got a little bit of sick in my mouth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    They're showing the trouser incident!

Noooo! Hope Len's Lens isn't used
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Tuesdays and Thurs used to be recorded, I thought. On Mons and Weds.

that's what I thought too, so we must be right:)
This discussion has been closed.