Options

Post of the Day 2014

perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
Forum Member
Saw this post and thought it was a great way to start off this year's Post of the Day thread!

On James on CBB saying he was the biggest character on Strictly:
I've had a sneaky look at James's thesaurus (yes, really - he does have one).

Character noun: knob, idiot, gobsh*te, moron, dullard, twit (and the other one with a different vowel), ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, simpleton, jerk, d*ckhead, fool, dolt, dingbat, buffoon, oaf

I think he might be right.

Comments

• Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There has been some speculation that Aliona may want to take a "hands off" approach to dancing with Greggg
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether she's begging wardrobe to make all of her costumes out of that really cheap nylon so that he'll get a static shock every time he tries to touch her.
    Or a full suit of armour.
    I can see a bit of a theme starting up here.

Week 1

Why are you dressed as a hedgehog Aliona? It's really difficult to get close with all those prickles.

Erm... well Gregg, you see we're doing a waltz to "Norwegian Wood" so our costumes are woodland creatures. I'm a cute little hedgehog and you're a woodlouse.

Oh. Okay.

Week 2

Why are you wearing the hedgehog costume again?

This isn't the hedgehog costume, silly. We're dancing to "Needles and Pins". I'm a pin cushion.

Oh fine. I get you.

Week 3

So what's the story this week Aliona?

Well, as our song is "Strawberry Fields Forever", wardrobe thought it'd be hilarious if we dressed up as fruit. So you're a lemon and I'm a... wait for it... prickly pear!
    Erm... yes it does look a bit like the hedgehog costume Gregg. How observant of you...
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, mimi I came here to add tabithakitten's post, great minds an' all that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has to happen. I want 3G to deliver a bitter tirade and flounce off in the diaphanous mauve blouson he had to wear for the 'interpretive' routine Aliona convinced him to dance to Kate Bush's 'Wow'.

From your mouth to God's ear!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From your mouth to God's ear!

Hey, Greg may have an ego, but to call him God :o
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Nominating on behalf of Lily M, although this post did make me laugh too.
    I'm rapidly getting the impression that the story of the Clifton family childhood comes straight from Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, with Joanne as Baby Jane and TTF as Blanche. Joanne probably descended into alcoholism last year when TTF eclipsed her fame and now she's back to reclaim her rightful place in the Clifton hierarchy. By the end of the series she'll being downing bottles of gin, nicking Colin Jackson's dolls from the prop room and waltzing around the floor to I've Written a Letter to Daddy.

Is it possible we could all start to feel sorry for TTF after this insight into his painful formative years?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the appeal of Alison
    She's partnered with Aljaz which makes me shamelessly sell out all my principles. They could partner him with the reanimated corpse of Elizabeth Bathory wrapped in peach chiffon and I'd be saying 'Ok, Liz may have bathed in Tess's blood this week but she's not all bad. Did you see those kicks and flicks?'
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fab..ulous dahalings...this is why I love the DS forum.:D
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I notice she didn't unlearn the ronde de jambe (*flings leg around for the 15th time this routine*).

And the response.
    It seems to me that that figure/move should be accompanied by the words "All in the best possible taste" :D

:kitty::kitty::kitty: ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Mark Wright's dance...
    R82n8 wrote: »
    Stuporman.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the "Scott's Samba" thread:
    It was a gigantic crab monster shuffling and spasming awkwardly through a neon-themed Hell and occasionally stopping to chase a demon-faced pixie as she screams children's songs and writhes in agony. Meanwhile Nicholas Nicholas Grimshaw gazes avidly from the sidelines, willing the crab to age and succumb to the advances of Radio 2. This grisly tableau is juxtaposed with the most innocent of all possible things - a kid's cartoon about a fish woman sacrificing herself to stalk an idiot.

It was a poignant commentary on life, death and the cruelty of reality and, quite frankly, it moved me to tears.
  • Options
    Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An exchange from Donny's Tupe thread.
    It looks like he's got a dead animal on his head.
    fiffy35 wrote: »
    Any particular animal???:kitty::-(
    One with acrylic fur. :o
    He probably gives it a saucer of milk when he gets home. :p
    a small beaver :D:D
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Or the coypu has made a comeback :D
    -Sid- wrote: »
    It looked like a Brillo pad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a younger sister, I can relate to this...
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    I know Joanne is a champion ball room dancer and has been in other things, but it still feels as if Mr and Mrs Clifton have said to Kevin "You have to take your sister with you when you go and play with the Strictly children".
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Ikea Catalogue thread:
    flugella wrote: »
    The IKEA Head Office have been forced to ask customers to stop returning their newly purchased SODOFFDONNI turf. Our warehouses in the returns department simply cannot cope with the volume of disgruntled customers. Instead, we are issuing all those who purchased the item with a refund, discontinuing the item immediately and advising all who still possess a SODOFFDONNI to dispose of it any way they can (as long as no children or animals are harmed in the process).
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Customer response:
    YEAH BABY!
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    From the Ikea Catalogue thread:

Brilliant!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    From the Strictly Ikea thread a very clever post given Saturday's events:
    fefster wrote: »
    A new problem has been reported with the BRNDN. It has been manufactured with wood from older trees. The wood is starting to bulge and the drawers are splitting.
  • Options
    phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had to bring chachachavvy's masterpiece over from the Slightly Morbid thread.

Musing on what might happen if someone died during the series.

The pros are such troupers they would probably carry right on if their celeb died mid-botafogo on the live show. Anton would lift, lift, lift while shouting words of encouragement like 'Go towards the light, love!' Kristina would swirl round the corpse like a bacchanalian orgiast hoping the rigor mortis was indistinguishable from her usual level of partner. Natalie would do some fierce, distracting skirt-swishing and head rolls and declare to the nation 'I've always dreamed of dancing with a corpse. I couldn't believe my luck when I got partnered with this corpse. When the corpse had heart failure in the middle of the routine it was my best experience on a dance-floor ever.' Ola would prop the corpse into a kneeling position and then physically send it in a sliding diagonal across the floor. Brendan would perform CPR in time to the beat while inwardly screaming 'Why God? Why? Why not Bloody Lulu?' We could only rely on Aliona to give the freshly deceased a dismissive kick and say 'Week 3 and you die on me? Week ****ing Three????????' She may even do a spit.

Bravo and a 10 for that performance chachachavvy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About the Pro barn dance
    Aljaz as a swarthy, straw-chewing, kinda-like Jack Palance in Shane cowboy = strange sexual fantasy no.29 checked off.

Meanwhile, Darren Bennett with his lasso has really let himself go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies to Jacquiann, but this made me laugh...
    jacquiann wrote: »
    They tell us to vote for our favourite & if I was voting; it would be Luke as he's naturally brilliant & as far as my research has gone he's not a ringer.

Who??
  • Options
    phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies to Jacquiann, but this made me laugh...

Who??

Was he the guy with the lassoo by any chance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doghouse riley trying (and sadly failing) to explain why use of the word "hate" should be avoided
    Veri wrote: »
    BTW, what's with all the 'semantics' and nit-picking about the word "hate"?

Somehow the idea has caught on in these forums that "hate" has to be extreme; but it doesn't: if someone says they hate broccoli, it doesn't mean they want to lay waste to broccoli farms.
    No, I think it's more the fact that the broccoli is unlikely to have it's feelings hurt, if it were aware that it was "hated."

Veri wrote: »
    :confused:

I can't make sense of that as a reply to my post.

What are you even saying is more the fact?

It made sense to me...
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of all those violent fruit and veg cards! :D You know, the carrots had a pea up against the wall - about my level of humour! :p
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doghouse riley trying (and sadly failing) to explain why use of the word "hate" should be avoided

It made sense to me...

Did you notice how I managed to keep a straight face whilst I gave my reply?
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you notice how I managed to keep a straight face whilst I gave my reply?

Quite possibly your downfall!

I do love a wry analogy though. Well sometimes anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy vs Joanne:
    Or............if Nancy has kept her crystal encrusted coffin, she could lock Joanne in it, go to 'Arrods and forget all about Joanne being there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On seeing Anton dressed as Dracula:
    allgrownup wrote: »
    I see Anton is finally admitting his true age :D