Strictly Bloggers 2014

Comments

• mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My biggest complaint about Monkseal's blog is that it's too long.
    Don't get me wrong- I love all the detail and the occasional ramble off into something non-Strictly, but he tends to post it late in the evening, so I read it first thing and I keep being late for work!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think Monkseal is targetting anyone specific on DS with his comments.
    And let's be honest, considering it's about a fluffy silly dancing show, the views expressed on this forum do get very heated and extreme.

I understand that MK blog is not to everyone's taste- it makes me laugh as I have a similar sense of humour. If I didnt like it, I wouldn't read it.
    I've read some blogs and thought "hm, not for me".
    I don't continue to read them and then complain that I still don't like them.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I really don't think Monkseal is targetting anyone specific on DS with his comments.
    And let's be honest, considering it's about a fluffy silly dancing show, the views expressed on this forum do get very heated and extreme.

I understand that MK blog is not to everyone's taste- it makes me laugh as I have a similar sense of humour. If I didnt like it, I wouldn't read it.
    I've read some blogs and thought "hm, not for me".
    I don't continue to read them and then complain that I still don't like them.

I disagree I think he does target specific FMs but it's best not to get into it as posts were removed earlier....I didn't say I disliked the whole blog but just pointing out that IMO it's major downside of reading his blog/twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I disagree I think he does target specific FMs but it's best not to get into it as posts were removed earlier....I didn't say I disliked the whole blog but just pointing out that IMO it's major downside of reading his blog/twitter.

Maybe not reading his blog and twitter would be a good idea?

Most of what The Sun prints makes me despair, so I don't read it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not reading his blog and twitter would be a good idea?

Most of what The Sun prints makes me despair, so I don't read it

Thanks but I already knew I had the option of not reading it ;-) it reminds me of when people complain about strictly or any other tv show come to that, when some aspect of show annoys you, and people come out with helpful comment that if you don't like it switch it off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks but I already knew I had the option of not reading it ;-) it reminds me of when people complain about strictly or any other tv show come to that, when some aspect of show annoys you, and people come out with helpful comment that if you don't like it switch it off.

I was more wondering why, if you don't like someone's blog, you follow them on twitter?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was more wondering why, if you don't like someone's blog, you follow them on twitter?

I don't follow him or anyone else on twitter because I don't have a twitter account - his tweets are embedded into his blog so anyone can read them there....and as I said before I don't dislike the whole blog just some aspects of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't follow him or anyone else on twitter because I don't have a twitter account - his tweets are embedded into his blog so anyone can read them there....and as I said before I don't dislike the whole blog just some aspects of it.

Which aspects if it do you like, out of interest?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which aspects if it do you like, out of interest?

If you read my posts in this thread then you might get an idea....but as I said before it's probably best not to continue discussing it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read my posts in this thread then you might get an idea....but as I said before it's probably best not to continue discussing it...

I did read them, but I truly didn't get an idea of what you liked about it, which is why I asked. Not to worry, it's not important.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did read them, but I truly didn't get an idea of what you liked about it, which is why I asked. Not to worry, it's not important.

Apologies it was late last night and I misread your question, I thought you asked what I didn't like about it...........I did say that I liked the tributes to a few of the pros and I said some of the blog (not all) was funny........I did say that because I read a few of my posts back.......perhaps you missed that among the criticisms lol.......however, as you said it's not important....it's just a blog about reality tv although I understand that some people enjoy reading it very much.......I always said to myself that when there was more bad in strictly than good that I would give up watching it........perhaps I should apply the same thinking to what I read online and posting on this forum.......the route strictly has taken last series and looks like it's taking this series.........I can see myself perhaps not giving it up entirely but not caring for it much.

Not a blog devoted to strictly but someone who sometimes brings up strictly in her blog/twitter is Marian Keyes.......she's always good for a laugh when she's discussing strictly.........and she sometimes tweets during the show.
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »

Thanks Monkey! These are amusing but quite cruel in places :-D If I wrote a blog I think it would be quite bland e.g. Scott made a jolly good effort.
  • Anna-MayAnna-May Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hello

I am a Strictlyaholic and write a weekly blog about the show at annamaymangan.co.uk - all welcome!

Anna May x
  • komentaightorkomentaightor Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Topaz, dig your dancing heels into the floor, do a second heel turn, and off we go to another subject!

Had a quick look at the other blogs mentioned, and only liked the first of them. One of them too long - I ceased and desisted halfway through the description of the second dance. Maybe someone with better eyesight could manage to survive as far as couple number 10 or 11.

Agree: when blogging, it's hard to keep it short; if short, you want to make it punchy; hence, ergo, it follows that it can "sound cruel". So best read all blogs with barrel full of salt at one's side, then we'll all be happy.

And - it's crazy that we watch the shows, and still go off to read blogs describing what other people were watching simultaneously on the same channel. The same show? Sometimes one wonders. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And - it's crazy that we watch the shows, and still go off to read blogs describing what other people were watching simultaneously on the same channel. The same show? Sometimes one wonders. :confused:

That's why I'd like to see more expert blogs, since I don't need anyone to tell me Scott didn't look good. I'm more interested in how an expert thinks Jake and Steve compared in tango technically, say. Bendy posted one link but generally they're difficult to find.
    Anna-May wrote: »
    I am a Strictlyaholic and write a weekly blog about the show at annamaymangan.co.uk - all welcome!

Anna May x
    Thanks Anna May. Will take a look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Topaz, dig your dancing heels into the floor, do a second heel turn, and off we go to another subject!

Had a quick look at the other blogs mentioned, and only liked the first of them. One of them too long - I ceased and desisted halfway through the description of the second dance. Maybe someone with better eyesight could manage to survive as far as couple number 10 or 11.

Agree: when blogging, it's hard to keep it short; if short, you want to make it punchy; hence, ergo, it follows that it can "sound cruel". So best read all blogs with barrel full of salt at one's side, then we'll all be happy.

Hi komentaightor :) I think the blog you mentioned that you need better eyesight for may have been the 'Strictly Come Bitching' blog - I said myself the font was too small, I end up enlarging it when I read it on my i-pad. I agree it's quite detailed so I don't always get time to read it but generally if I don't have time to read the longer blogs I just scan through them to find their view points on the couples I'm most interested in.

If you want a relatively quick blog to read I can recommend Heidi Stephens' blog in the Guardian. It's a live blog so generally she keeps the comments clear and concise. As I said before I don't always agree with all her views, but it seems a good natured blog with gentle humour and thankfully there doesn't seem to be any snidey digs at FMs on this forum ;-)

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/live/2014/sep/26/strictly-come-dancing-2014-week-one-live-blog
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    That's why I'd like to see more expert blogs, since I don't need anyone to tell me Scott didn't look good. I'm more interested in how an expert thinks Jake and Steve compared in tango technically, say. Bendy posted one link but generally they're difficult to find.

Thanks Anna May. Will take a look.

My facebook timeline is like that Spinny if they are on this week (normally a bit later in the series) will copy and paste the chat re th show and pm you - they are all mostly dance judges, competitors or dance teachers and just comment on the routines and the dance etc but usually they dont start the chat until about end of october
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    My facebook timeline is like that Spinny if they are on this week (normally a bit later in the series) will copy and paste the chat re th show and pm you - they are all mostly dance judges, competitors or dance teachers and just comment on the routines and the dance etc but usually they dont start the chat until about end of october

That would be brilliant. Much appreciated :-)

(My dance teacher wrote a column for a local paper during early Strictly but he then got bored. Doesn't even watch it now and so I can't even ask his opinion.)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of you guys realize that you guys are not obligated to read Monkseal's blog ? right :confused:

I love it; it is all in good fun; I dont take it seriously and neither should you because at the end of the day its just entertainment.

I wasnt here earlier so I missed what went down ; Posts removed :o ? but yeah, you dont like it dont read it simple...

Some of my favorites were/are regulated slated there , Louis Smith.....Abbey Clancy ...but hey...its just someone's opinion...

I DIED LAUGHING at those screenscaps of Aliona :blush::blush: even though I love her :) so all Im trying to say is to NOT take it too seriously; I find it extremely clever/FUNNY and look forward to the recaps every week and again if you dont like it, no one forces you to read it.

So Mk if you are reading this, dont change anything about your blog :kitty:
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Some of you guys realize that you guys are not obligated to read Monkseal's blog ? right :confused:

Yes edy I think I or others who aren't perhaps so keen on it figured that out for ourselves and it's not his opinions on the show, pros/celebs I have an issue with.....many of which I actually agree with! Although I don't quite understand his irrational dislike of John Barrowman....I mean I know the guy is annoying but still.......I would love Barrowman to do a full series of strictly.....Blog your way through that Monkseal :p:D
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »

the link doesnt work :confused::confused::confused:
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He manged Widdy, don't think The Barrowman would be that troublesome ;-)
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »

Link not working :confused: