Predictions for first dance off

lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
Forum Member
✭✭
I think Judy and unfortunately Mark will be in the first dance off but who do you think

Comments

• BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judy and Scott, unfortunately. He may have a good fan base, but....
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Tim v Gregg.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it really depends on how the bottom of the leader board perform and score on their second dance

in my opinion it could be Tim, Gregg, Judy or Scott in the dance off

its too close to predict atm
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as Judy is in it i will be happy

And I come from scotland
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott & Thom.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think Mark Wright will be in it i do but hope not
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Does anyone think Mark Wright will be in it i do but hope not

Well I hope he will be, but I don't think he'll be in the dance off in the first week - he and his PR will make sure he does loads of publicity seeking to avoid that happening....
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Judy and possibly a mid-tabler. Sunetra perhaps?
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Tim v Gregg.

Yes please, either going home would be good..:p
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark was too 'relatable' in his Cha-Cha for the DO at this stage, IMO.

Agree it's too close to call but expect it will be from the Tim/Gregg/Scott/Judy group.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking Judy vs Gregg. I hope Judy doesn't go home because I like her personality, she's a lot more fun than her public image and she's a genuine fan of the show. Gregg's dance was by far and away the worst performance last week and he was overmarked.
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way in hell will either Thom or Mark be there. Since when has a bloke with a half decent boat race and outside chance of a journey been first boot?

More likely a choice betwen Gregg, Tim, Scott, Jennifer or Judy. Anton in the potential first boot is unusual but not unprecedented. We know he does have a following out there, but followings don't always translate to votes.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I don't want any of them to go and it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out each week. I'd be very surprised if Scott is in the dance off and more so if he is eliminated first - surely his fan base will save him assuming that they're the type to watch Strictly?

My head says it will be Greg v Judy with the former leaving.
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    (mutters) please not Steve, please not Steve, please not Steve...

I think Mark will score highly and probably has lots of public support (people last year, including me, wondered if voters might not vote for Abbey because she was mainly famous for being in the tabloids, and look how that turned out). Same with Thom (he has such confidence in his dancing and all the women dancers seemed to want him, so I'm assuming that wasn't just looks and they know he's good at Latin). Scott seems to have huge public support - I think he got a standing ovation for his really terrible first dance, didn't he?

I think it's between Gregg, Tim or Judy - or possibly Steve as a lot of people don't seem to know who he is (:(). Tim might do a really sweet ballroom and save himself that way. But really out of them it's anyone's guess.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I think Gregg's an absolute cert. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tim or Sunetra with him. I really don't think it'll be Mark, who's a pretty good dancer.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I also wonder about Sunetra and how she'll do in the voting. Brendan is very rarely from what I recall someone who has been eliminated within the first month (Jo Wood was his last dodgy celeb). I don't get the impression that she will have a fan base just because of Casualty so it wouldn't surprise me if she suddenly finds herself in the dance off.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy and Gregg (don't know which one to go).
    I think that Tim will have enough support to last at least a week longer. Maybe more.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy vs Gregg.

I want Scott out aswell but I think we're stuck with him for a little while longer.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    My prediction is that it won't be between the 2 worst celebs.
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess at Tim vs. Judy/Jennifer.

Although Gregg is...Gregg, he's got a second Latin dance and a lot of potential for memorability with that dance, and I think he'll get through.

I think Tim will struggle because he has the Waltz, and even if he's better at it that the Cha Cha Cha, I don't think it will be particularly memorable. That leaves Judy or Jennifer, and while Judy isn't the biggest of personalities, the Anton factor might get her through, whereas Jennifer has a new pro and is one of the lesser know celebrities, but perhaps a bigger personality and likely to dance better at the weekend.

EDIT: I also think Sunetra will struggle with votes, but I think she'll be high enough up the leaderboard to get her through the first week.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Tim and A N Other - probably Steve or Jennifer, but possibly Judy or Gregg.
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jtnorth wrote: »
    (mutters) please not Steve, please not Steve, please not Steve...

I think Mark will score highly and probably has lots of public support (people last year, including me, wondered if voters might not vote for Abbey because she was mainly famous for being in the tabloids, and look how that turned out). Same with Thom (he has such confidence in his dancing and all the women dancers seemed to want him, so I'm assuming that wasn't just looks and they know he's good at Latin). Scott seems to have huge public support - I think he got a standing ovation for his really terrible first dance, didn't he?

I think it's between Gregg, Tim or Judy - or possibly Steve as a lot of people don't seem to know who he is (:(). Tim might do a really sweet ballroom and save himself that way. But really out of them it's anyone's guess.

I really really doubt Steve will be there jt, and hopefully not for a long time. In fact I have my dream final mentally planned out between him and Frankie, though both their little faces would have me torn.;-)

A lot of people have gone through the show and some have won in spite of not being 'well-known', because they do an appealing journey. Anyway, Steve does seem to be very popular especially amongst the mums with kids+kids which is the core audience, so again, I'm sure he'll be there for a while.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    I really really doubt Steve will be there jt, and hopefully not for a long time. In fact I have my dream final mentally planned out between him and Frankie, though both their little faces would have me torn.;-)

A lot of people have gone through the show and some have won in spite of not being 'well-known', because they do an appealing journey. Anyway, Steve does seem to be very popular especially amongst the mums with kids+kids which is the core audience, so again, I'm sure he'll be there for a while.

*Huggles nancy*
    It's a dream I like the sound of. Especially if Caroline and Pashaaaah can be part of it too.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judy and Gregg

Judy will be saved
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I think it will be Gregg v Judy (but I hope it isn't Judy) with Gregg leaving.

I can't see Mark being in the dance off until at least after half way. He was pretty decent the other night and actually much better than Thom! ... Plus his own fanbase combined with Michelle's fan base will give him a big public vote I reckon.